Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations discussion

Post by Chris55 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:I'm surprised that Toys R Us still sells Godzilla toys. They are always pushed to the back in a dark corner with a step ladder right in front of them so you can't even see them. Oh, but they got an aisle filled with nothing but Marvel crap.
You don't know how bad I want to throw all that Marvel stuff on the floor and replace it with Godzilla. I like the Marvel films but I don't care for any of the stupid crappy figures. :mad:
The ones at the store near me are displayed nicely but it is true that Godzilla has A LOT of competition in the toy aisle from the Marvel stuff, Star Wars etc. Even Dezerb's "How to Steal Money From Mommy's Purse and Mail It to Me" book is competition.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Chris55 wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:I'm surprised that Toys R Us still sells Godzilla toys. They are always pushed to the back in a dark corner with a step ladder right in front of them so you can't even see them. Oh, but they got an aisle filled with nothing but Marvel crap.
You don't know how bad I want to throw all that Marvel stuff on the floor and replace it with Godzilla. I like the Marvel films but I don't care for any of the stupid crappy figures. :mad:
The ones at the store near me are displayed nicely but it is true that Godzilla has A LOT of competition in the toy aisle from the Marvel stuff, Star Wars etc. Even Dezerb's "How to Steal Money From Mommy's Purse and Mail It to Me" book is competition.
I go to three TRUs. One of them has them displayed nicely, and the other two have an ENTIRE section for collectables (Which has all their Godzilla figures).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So now BC figures aren't popular because the fanbase isn't appreciative?

I think it's more like most people are aware of how sub par most of the line is in the first place. It has nothing to do with not being appreciative.

bczilla91
Monarch Researcher

Post by bczilla91 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:The reason I skipped out on the KC figure is because I hated how inaccurate it looked.
I know the previous Bandai KC figure was even less accurate, but I don't care, I'll just wait till some company FINALLY does a proper, film accurate Showa KC.
No offense but who exactly do you expect to make a "proper film accurate Showa KC"? And when exactly do you expect one to be made? Bandai owns the Godzilla toy license so what exactly are you waiting for? And you seriously think the KC figure is not film accurate?
Creature22 wrote: One thing I've learned from the Godzilla fanbase is that, no matter what gets released, the fans won't be satisfied. Bandai Creations could announce that they're releasing a Megalon, for example, and everyone would go berserk and be incredibly impatient until it is finally released. Then it comes out and... "Oh it isn't detailed" or "it doesn't look like the one in the movie" or "oh God the old Japanese Bandai one from 20+ years ago is WAY better," etc. The complaints aren't going to end regardless of the steps the company takes. Even if a figure of Varan or Titanosaurus did get made, it would be criticized more than it would be praised.
Creature22 wrote: It's a pretty unappreciative fan base, honestly :( . Since going on the forums I've seen more complaints about the stupidest things that it makes me embarrassed to be a Godzilla fan sometimes. Right now everyone's asking for Megalon or Biollante to be made into figures and whatnot... I can guarantee that if that ever happens, the same people that constantly badger about them getting made will be complaining about how Bandai didn't "do it right" or something along those lines.
You sir have taken the words right out of my mouth. I have never seen a fan base complain as much as this one does. It's like nothing is ever good enough. If it's not Bandai America then it's SH MonsterArts or NECA or IDW comics or the Godzilla 2014 movie and I'm 100% sure there will be complaints on the new Toho movie next year as well. Nothing ever seems to be good enough and I feel bad because there are TONS of fans who actually enjoy all of merchandise and movies and are actually appreciative yet a few bad apples seem to want to spoil the cart. You know it's bad when other fan bases point out how angry and ungrateful this one can be.

If the naysayers want to be loud then fine...we just have to be louder. 8-)

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

bczilla91 wrote:No offense but who exactly do you expect to make a "proper film accurate Showa KC"? And when exactly do you expect one to be made? Bandai owns the Godzilla toy license so what exactly are you waiting for? And you seriously think the KC figure is not film accurate?
Personally, I love the KC figure but it really takes some noticeable-liberties with the design. Compare it with the suit and you'll see the differences.

Also, the Transformers fanbase is WAY worse than us IMO. TFW 2005 and Seibertron forums tend to prove this.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Legion1979 wrote:I think it's more like most people are aware of how sub par most of the line is in the first place.
No I think most people realize this line is for kids. Just like the Jurrasic World toys out in stores are trash but they are meant for kids.

I realize people want accuracy but come on BC is probably the last place you show look.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Nevermind
Last edited by Mechagigan on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

We STILL haven't got a 6 Inch Mothra from this line.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:We STILL haven't got a 6 Inch Mothra from this line.
I assume you mean a regular Mothra such as the Tokyo SOS design.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Seeing as Mothra is one of the most well known Kaiju in America, I also find that weird... funny we got a somewhat obscure mothra before the regular one.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Mechagigan wrote:Seeing as Mothra is one of the most well known Kaiju in America, I also find that weird... funny we got a somewhat obscure mothra before the regular one.

The Rainbow Mothra design?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Chris55 wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Seeing as Mothra is one of the most well known Kaiju in America, I also find that weird... funny we got a somewhat obscure mothra before the regular one.

Yeah. It's a great figure, but it's just kind of funny we got one that is way less known than the usual Mothra before said Mothra is made.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

bczilla91 wrote: You sir have taken the words right out of my mouth. I have never seen a fan base complain as much as this one does. It's like nothing is ever good enough. If it's not Bandai America then it's SH MonsterArts or NECA or IDW comics or the Godzilla 2014 movie and I'm 100% sure there will be complaints on the new Toho movie next year as well. Nothing ever seems to be good enough and I feel bad because there are TONS of fans who actually enjoy all of merchandise and movies and are actually appreciative yet a few bad apples seem to want to spoil the cart. You know it's bad when other fan bases point out how angry and ungrateful this one can be.

If the naysayers want to be loud then fine...we just have to be louder. 8-)
Good way to sum it all up. I used to go on the forums to see what was new and coming out with the merchandise and movies, but lately it's constant complaints over one thing or another.
Legion1979 wrote:So now BC figures aren't popular because the fanbase isn't appreciative?

I think it's more like most people are aware of how sub par most of the line is in the first place. It has nothing to do with not being appreciative.
The fan base isn't appreciative over a lot of the stuff we've been getting in general. Since 2014 started we've had a new film, a ton of new figures, imports, and a bunch of other memorabilia made available to us. Not just with Bandai Creation's releases but nearly everything else as well. Save for the occasional Vinyl Wars repaints and imports we've been getting, I haven't seen many positive or enthusiastic comments about any of the merchandise we've had lately. That goes for Bandai (BOTH branches), NECA, and Diamond Select.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Mechagigan wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Yeah. It's a great figure, but it's just kind of funny we got one that is way less known than the usual Mothra before said Mothra is made.
I think it all boils down to little kids loving bright colors. That's why Burning Godzilla sold so much. At least the LGP Mothra has a shot eh? :)

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Creature22 wrote:That goes for Bandai (BOTH branches), NECA, and Diamond Select.
Bandai and Neca I can mostly understand, but it seems like most of the reactions to Diamond's stuff have been pretty good, at least from what I've read. They aren't high-grade toys or anything, but they're cool for what they are (concerning MechaG and forward; the Heiseis seemed to put people off).
I think it all boils down to little kids loving bright colors. That's why Burning Godzilla sold so much. At least the LGP Mothra has a shot eh? :)
Makes sense. Plus, yeah, the '18 Mothra will be a neat addition.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The problem is likely in part that the Godzilla line is classified as "boys toys" (I know at least one company where that's part of the official designation, and in general its consistent with the philosophy in the marketplace), and Mothra is not seen as a very masculine character.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I never understood why Bandai Creation made a Mothra Leo figure. He was never in a Godzilla movie! I wish they had made Mothra 2003 or Mothra 2004 instead. :(

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Chris55 wrote:I think it all boils down to little kids loving bright colors. That's why Burning Godzilla sold so much. At least the LGP Mothra has a shot eh? :)
So that should mean Titano has a shot right ;)
Last edited by DoubleDam21 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

DoubleDam21 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:I think it all boils down to little kids loving bright colors. That's why Burning Godzilla sold so much. At least the LGP Mothra has a shot eh? :)
Show that should mean Titano has a shot right ;)
It would be nice to have a 6 inch Titano since I don't have a single figure of him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
DoubleDam21 wrote:
Show that should mean Titano has a shot right ;)
It would be nice to have a 6 inch Titano since I don't have a single figure of him.
That's because Titanosaurus mates for life.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.