Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
rodan fan1956
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by rodan fan1956 »

new bandai figure do you guys have it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSpgH0cxOc. Also anyone here know a good price for the godzilla 20144 atomic breath figure by bandai?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

That's not a new figure...
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Didn't think I'd get a notif for this thread ever again...

At any rate, that figure had already been released before.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

CyberZilla wrote:Didn't think I'd get a notif for this thread ever again...

Agreed. Pretty sure this line is dead. Unfortunately!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

OGMechaMothra wrote:

It was never much to begin with

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:

Currently but maybe it'll rise from the grave
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Chris55 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:

If it does, it'll happen in 2019 to tie in with Godzilla 2. Otherwise, nah.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

CyberZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
If it does, it'll happen in 2019 to tie in with Godzilla 2. Otherwise, nah.
Well, you never know
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

So it's just NECA and Diamond Select Toys now, huh? That's alright with me.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:So it's just NECA and Diamond Select Toys now, huh? That's alright with me.
Is diamond Select still doing godzilla products ? I think it might only be Neca now for domestic companies

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Said it before, I'll say it again. Bandai is Toho's biggest merchandise producer and keeps the license on a pretty tight stranglehold. It is asinine to think Bandai won't produce Godzilla: KOTM merchandise when the movie comes out. I fully expect vinyl figures of the kaiju and some more gimmick ones. I'm personally hoping for another "blast" figure like their atomic vomit Godzilla, only I want a King Ghidorah one that roars and shoots three gravity beams.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would like figures of the more obscure kaiju like Kumonga, Kamacuras or hell, even Moguera 1957 from THE MYSTERIANS.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I would like figures of the more obscure kaiju like Kumonga, Kamacuras or hell, even Moguera 1957 from THE MYSTERIANS.
Yeah, fat chance on Bandai USA ever taking a chance on obscure characters ever again, after King Caesar failed miserably in terms of sales. Though I wouldn’t rule those characters out of being produced by the new Bandai Japan line.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

The sad part about that, i shoved a King Caesar figure aside to buy Mechagodzilla 1974. :lol:

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:The sad part about that, i shoved a King Caesar figure aside to buy Mechagodzilla 1974. :lol:
If you still want one you can get one for pretty cheap, Movie Monster Series re-released it as a part of their "EX" series.
:gigan:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That was the figure I shoved aside. Don't get me wrong, I like King Caesar, I just love my G-Unit. :lol:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MM Raids Again wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again. Bandai is Toho's biggest merchandise producer and keeps the license on a pretty tight stranglehold. It is asinine to think Bandai won't produce Godzilla: KOTM merchandise when the movie comes out. I fully expect vinyl figures of the kaiju and some more gimmick ones. I'm personally hoping for another "blast" figure like their atomic vomit Godzilla, only I want a King Ghidorah one that roars and shoots three gravity beams.
I'm down for beam vomit Ghidorah.

Resized Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MM Raids Again wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again. Bandai is Toho's biggest merchandise producer and keeps the license on a pretty tight stranglehold. It is asinine to think Bandai won't produce Godzilla: KOTM merchandise when the movie comes out. I fully expect vinyl figures of the kaiju and some more gimmick ones. I'm personally hoping for another "blast" figure like their atomic vomit Godzilla, only I want a King Ghidorah one that roars and shoots three gravity beams.
No one is saying they won't do the toys for Godzilla 2

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I would like figures of the more obscure kaiju like Kumonga, Kamacuras or hell, even Moguera 1957 from THE MYSTERIANS.
Yeah, fat chance on Bandai USA ever taking a chance on obscure characters ever again, after King Caesar failed miserably in terms of sales. Though I wouldn’t rule those characters out of being produced by the new Bandai Japan line.
Depends on who's in charge of the line and the current climate really. King Caesar had been approved in like 2011 by someone who had preceded my contact at the time and they forgot the person's name. Right now, things are dormant for that line but it'll most likely ramp up again in production next year for the Godzilla 2 line. G14 did really well. For some reason, THIS was a huge seller: http://www.tohokingdom.com/toys/godzill ... andai.html

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Chris55 wrote:
ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
Depends on who's in charge of the line and the current climate really. King Caesar had been approved in like 2011 by someone who had preceded my contact at the time and they forgot the person's name. Right now, things are dormant for that line but it'll most likely ramp up again in production next year for the Godzilla 2 line. G14 did really well. For some reason, THIS was a huge seller: http://www.tohokingdom.com/toys/godzill ... andai.html
The smash strike is one of the only Godzilla products I actually regret purchasing. I was on a G14 kick and wanted a figure, but after I got the "atomic vomit" and neca's g14 figures...

Resized Image