Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by MothraPeanuts »

wataru wrote:Im sorry but MvsG as the best suit?
Yes. :D
Pfft the best Showa suit was 94/75!
I assume you mean 74/75. Megaro-Goji's awesome, I'll give you that.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

They have done Burning Godzilla.

EDIT: Because I thought you asked if they made any heisei monsters.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

zilla103192 wrote:They have done Burning Godzilla.
It's sort of odd that they would do the Burning Godzilla and not a more standard Heisei Godzilla.

I have the BC GMK Godzilla and it was a decent enough of a buy for $15. Might pick up the FW Gigan in the same scale, since you can find Bandai Creations toys in basically every comic book shop in Dartmouth/Halifax. I'm hoping for some more Showa monsters. Or a Tokyo SOS/FW Mothra would be bawlin'.

On the topic of suits, '64 is fantastic. The Heisei suits look good almost exclusively in still images and as toys.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Bandais retail for $15 now? That's a crime! I just found the box for Burning Godzilla (apparently I kept it), the KB Toys sticker saying $6.99 on it. :D

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Creature22 wrote:Bandais retail for $15 now? That's a crime! I just found the box for Burning Godzilla (apparently I kept it), the KB Toys sticker saying $6.99 on it. :D
Mine are in Canadian prices.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I still don't see why '89 is more special than '91 or later Heisei incarnations besides being a little slimmer, all I'm saying. It's not a bad suit at all but these days it's really become the most popular by a landslide.

I'd like BC to try taking advantage of Bandai Japan by doing more re-scuplts of existing kaiju - obviously we're not getting all-new figures from them, but it'd be nice to have a cheap ass Titanosaurus or something. Or more likely at least, a new Heisei Godzilla or Showa Anguirus.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

kitik
Samurai

Post by kitik »

kitik wrote:EE.com just put this preorder up on their website:
Godzilla 6 1/2-Inch Action Figure Wave 2 Set

1x Gigan
1x Godzilla 1968
1x Mecha Godzilla 1st
1x Gigan Clear Version
1x Godzilla 1968 Clear Version
1x Mecha Godzilla 1st Clear Version
picture has been added:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

... those are clear?

I thought the tops ones were the solid color ones til I scrolled down to the rest of the image. :?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

EX Orochi
Monarch Researcher

Post by EX Orochi »

Even though they really aren't clear I like that Gigan for some reason.
CheetoKamper wrote:......... must resist urge to point and yell DUMBASS!!!!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I was thinking of selling my Gigan as well as others to make room but if they're reissuing him I don't think I'll make much of a profit lol. Those clear figures do look unique. They remind me somewhat of them in the video games, maybe because the brighter colors.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

That's the '74 Mechagodzilla, right?
Hm... Might pick him up.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

i actually dont have a bandai gigan yet so of course im gonna get him!! might even pick up the mechagodzilla too while im at it
formerly known as Godzilla1964

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Pretty creative idea of BC. I might just pick up some of the clear figures after all.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

The molds look slightly different. Gigan's claws seem longer and Godzilla's arms seem posed differently (and I don't mean because they're turned up). I might get that Gigan. He's kinda nifty. Also, hopefully I'll be able to find MG'74 easier now. I definitely wasn't crazy about buying it online for some ridiculous price.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:The molds look slightly different. Gigan's claws seem longer and Godzilla's arms seem posed differently (and I don't mean because they're turned up). I might get that Gigan. He's kinda nifty. Also, hopefully I'll be able to find MG'74 easier now. I definitely wasn't crazy about buying it online for some ridiculous price.
It's the same mold. Normal Gigan's image is exactly the same as the image for the original 2002 release.

Am I the only one who noticed G68 looks to have head rotation? I own the first issue and he doesn't even have a cut there.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

JVM wrote:It's the same mold. Normal Gigan's image is exactly the same as the image for the original 2002 release.
*Rereads*

Okay, see, I thought he was asking if the clear figures had different molds from the normal figures.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

JVM wrote:Am I the only one who noticed G68 looks to have head rotation? I own the first issue and he doesn't even have a cut there.
They may have scaled him down slightly and added neck movement during that process. I remember the first release of that figure being a tad too tall to fit in scale with the other toys. I hope they may have corrected that problem with this reissue. Possibly.
Size DOES matter!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

I'll be purchasing each of the clear figures. I'm all for that Gigan, he looks really slick.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

wataru wrote:These are probably prototypes, so dont expect head rotation.
Not expecting it, just surprised since the released figure didn't even have a cut there, much less rotation.

Probably using the wrong terminology.

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Anyone know if these will be available at Toys R Us like the normal versions? :g2k: