Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
kitik
Samurai

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by kitik »

ChunkyGodzilla wrote:Anyone know if these will be available at Toys R Us like the normal versions? :g2k:
This appears to just simply be the next wave/assortment, so I would certainly hope they'd be at TRU in abundance.

The Spacegodzilla wave currently shipping seems to sell well enough at the TRUs around here.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

kitik wrote: picture has been added:

Those look pretty decent. I'm definatly going to get that MG'74 (I haven't been able to get it yet) and the clear Gigan (It looks so cool for some reason).

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Im pretty lucky the local TRU seems to always have Godzilla figures on hand. I'll pick up both versions of Godzilla. :g2k: :g2k:

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

CLEAR Godzilla figures? Seriously?
I wonder if the clear thing is some new toy fad; I know Nerf has been doing it too.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Rody wrote:CLEAR Godzilla figures? Seriously?
I wonder if the clear thing is some new toy fad; I know Nerf has been doing it too.
Yeah thye'll probably reissue the figures glowing next. Though the thought of a glowing Destroyah might actually look kind of neat...

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

SaiyanRider54 wrote:
kitik wrote: picture has been added:

Those look pretty decent. I'm definatly going to get that MG'74 (I haven't been able to get it yet) and the clear Gigan (It looks so cool for some reason).
NORMAL MG MUST BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Post by Varan 1958 »

wataru wrote:These are probably prototypes, so dont expect head rotation.
Yeah, I'm quite sure they are (the older versions anyways) as the original Gigan figure shown in that image is much different from the one that was released and that "clear" version. If you don't believe me, look at their spines (or whatever they are) and compare the details between the two figures.
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?
Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I will have to pick up all 3 of those monsters. I want to see the clear variants in person before I buy them.

I really hope those SD ones are available at TRU. I want them so bad. I kinda hope they come with some gimmick. The godzilla one looks like the mouth opens.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

you think?

I am not to sure myself either. But the top jaw looks like it can lift up. I thought maybe you can push one of the spines down and his mouth would open.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:you think?

I am not to sure myself either. But the top jaw looks like it can lift up. I thought maybe you can push one of the spines down and his mouth would open.
This is Bandai Creation vinyl figures we're talking about, dude. Not Trendmasters. :P
yeah... I guess your right.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

While I am glad to see BC adding their own creations to this line, I have zero interest in getting those SD figures. I usually try to support any American licensed Godzilla product but these hold no appeal to me whatsoever.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:While I am glad to see BC adding their own creations to this line, I have zero interest in getting those SD figures. I usually try to support any American licensed Godzilla product but these hold no appeal to me whatsoever.
What do you think of the translucent toys?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

JVM wrote:What do you think of the translucent toys?
Pointless. The monsters aren't see-thru in the movies, so I wouldn't really want see-thru figures. I would much rather see Bandai Creation make all new molds of monsters who haven't yet gotten figures.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:I fail to see what's so interesting about any of this stuff. The new figures at least. The 1968 Godzilla looks more and more terrible every time I see it.
New Godzilla toys.

And more importantly, new Godzilla toys at an affordable price for new collectors.

Legion, you have a huge collection and can afford all the new, bigger, collector-oriented stuff on the market, so there's absolutely no reason for this to interest you. For those of us who have tiny collections who are lazy/poor/busy/afraid of eBay/whatever, or just take in all the Godzilla toys we can, this is pretty interesting.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I'm with everyone in that I would rather have new sculpts and new figure, but I've missed alot of these figures (espically MG) so I'm glad to have another chance to get them again.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Legion1979 wrote:I fail to see what's so interesting about any of this stuff. The new figures at least. The 1968 Godzilla looks more and more terrible every time I see it.
Yeah, I don't really know why they're releasing figures that are transparent but I guess they're having money trouble. They did have a great mold for Anguirus 55 as well as a Mecha Ghidorah, I wonder if they'll ever release them.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I really like the Showa MG, I'm definitely gonna pick that one up now that it's reasonably priced.

Question: Is the paint/overall quality of these figures always a notch below Bandai Japan? Or are there exceptions? I'm just wondering if the US MG will look noticeably crappier when standing next to my Japanese figures or not...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Are you a little kid? Don't you buy them? Haha nah I'm just kidding. But come on, he's right, these are freaking TOYS for goodness sake, made for kids, and to be purchased/played/traded/burned/etc whatever kids do by kids. I wouldn't have cared if I had a transparent Gigan as a kid, as long as I had a Gigan to play with. Yes, it's odd, and yes, maybe unaccurate, but I don't think kids will really care about it as long as they get a chance to get certain figures again. The transparent part to me would be an added bonus, and I would've used it like it was a power-up or ghost or something odd but imaginative. :lol:

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Would be nice if there was a new Trendmasters esque line

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

gojira012 wrote:Would be nice if there was a new Trendmasters esque line
YES