Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by UltramanGoji »

FlawedCoil82 wrote: Are there any simple FREE photo hosting websites out there that do not have watermarks, nor require you to download an app? If I can find one that is easy to use then I can post pictures of these Bandai Creation figures.
https://imgur.com/

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Dr. Professor wrote:So what new figures would you guys like to see BC do some day? Personally I'd like Kamacuras, Rodan '56, Orga, and that Anguirus '55 that they had a prototype of but never actually released for some reason.

Monster X, Orga, Heisei or Millenium Mothra imago, Battra imago, Biollante, female M.U.T.O Titanosaurus, Megalon and Kiryu to name a few.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
FlawedCoil82 wrote: Are there any simple FREE photo hosting websites out there that do not have watermarks, nor require you to download an app? If I can find one that is easy to use then I can post pictures of these Bandai Creation figures.
I don't understand why I am having such an impossible time with these sites! I tried to register on Imgur and it seemed to work. But now every time I click "Sign In", it takes me to the log in screen for about 3 seconds before I can type anything, then the screen automatically switches to the top trending images and posts. I have been going in this repeating cycle for 20 minutes. Do they purposefully make it to where IPhone users MUST download the App?
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I don't understand why I am having such an impossible time with these sites! I tried to register on Imgur and it seemed to work. But now every time I click "Sign In", it takes me to the log in screen for about 3 seconds before I can type anything, then the screen automatically switches to the top trending images and posts. I have been going in this repeating cycle for 20 minutes. Do they purposefully make it to where IPhone users MUST download the App?
You don't have to log in to upload pictures.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
FlawedCoil82 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
You don't have to log in to upload pictures.
I sent you a PM so we don't derail this thread any further.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:They repainted Godzilla 1968's mouth?

Could anyone please provide pictures to confirm this?
God, I hate being forced to learn new technology! :evil:

I tried uploading the pictures on my Photobucket account, but they now have a huge, ugly watermark on them. I tried starting up a Flickr account but for the life of me I can not figure out how to upload a friggin picture directly from my ancient iPhone without being forced to download the app. Are there any simple FREE photo hosting websites out there that do not have watermarks, nor require you to download an app? If I can find one that is easy to use then I can post pictures of these Bandai Creation figures.
I use Imgflip's meme maker
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

All you have to do is upload the image from your computer and then just hit "generate the meme" after that all you have to do is copy the image url

It doesn't require any text or editing or a sign in

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Thank you for the help! Petezilla's solution worked! :)

So here is what the repainted mouth of Godzilla '68 looks like now. It's certainly less pink looking than the one I have.

Here are the 3 recently stocked pegs at my local Walmart.

And then here are the two different tags.
This tag is for the Bandai Creation figures:

And finally, here is the tag for (I'm guessing) the Jakks Pacific figures. Unless these turn out to be new Bandai Creation sculpts? :?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I've actually turned my opinion around on these figures. I think I'm gonna start collecting them again. After all, they were the first figures I ever picked up when I started collecting back in 2003 ('course they've all been donated or destroyed now). It'd be fun to try and grab the complete set again.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:Thank you for the help! Petezilla's solution worked! :)

So here is what the repainted mouth of Godzilla '68 looks like now. It's certainly less pink looking than the one I have.
Here is an image of the original variant

I really like the new mouth paint on the reissue it's much closer to the actual film's depiction of the 1968 Godzilla

To be honest it wouldn't actually be too bad to buy some of Bandai's reissues. They've been gone for several years and with Toys R Us gone they'll be shipping exclusively to Target and Wal-Mart which means they'll have much more exposure then before

If they see profit we may finally get figures we've always wanted and maybe get the Godzilla merchandise some of the retail exposure it had in the 90s under Trendmasters
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Yea, it definitely looks a lot better than the original bright pink mouth. I may pick it up next time I am in there. But this line will have to draw more interest from others besides hardcore Godzilla fans. Many casual fans or even just kids looking for "cool looking dinosaurs" will need to support these figures also to keep the line afloat. That said, it is a shame that they didn't offer at least one new figure (even just a repainted "Burning Godzilla").

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

SERIOUSLY!

Why they can't just repaint the Burning Godzilla figure they have to a normal Heisei Godzilla

I mean it's one of their best figures!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I'm tempted to stop by the store and look for that King Ceasar since all the ones on Amazon are still over $30.

(I already have the other figures in Bandai Japan versions, but KCeasar for $12. is hard to ignore.)
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

ROMG4 wrote:SERIOUSLY!

Why they can't just repaint the Burning Godzilla figure they have to a normal Heisei Godzilla

Good question. Easiest way to cater a 'new' figure to the collectors. Same question can be delivered to BANDAI Japan.
Last edited by Petezilla on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm gonna head to Wal-mart today and see if they have the Godzilla figures. I need Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

If anyone is in the Harrison Arkansas area, Godzilla toys are now at Wal-Mart. King Caesar, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla. I'm thinking about picking up Mechagodzilla and repainting him black with some battle damage.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

ゴジマン wrote:I'm thinking about picking up Mechagodzilla and repainting him black with some battle damage.
Will you be posting pictures if you do that?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I went yesterday and Mechagodzilla was the only one available. I picked him up and he looks awesome. I love him.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It is actually pretty nice having Godzilla merchandise of any kind at Wal-Mart

I only ever saw one Godzilla item at Wal-Mart during Godzilla 2014

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I've been asking this question for like 10 years.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:

I've been asking this question for like 10 years.
To be fair Bandai Japan has done that for a wide release either which is a shame. Both sculpts are great and be vastly superior to that other heisei Godzilla bandai Japan kept reissuing