Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:
FlawedCoil82 wrote:Yea, I am referring to everything Bandai Creation has released after Wave 5 which included "First Godzilla", "Mechagodzilla '74" and the 12 inch "FW Gigan". Everything since then has been a complete and utter waste of time and effort. Wave 5 was disappointing enough because it only contained 2 new molds of the smaller figures, but at least they mixed some new in with the old. Next thing we know, BC is going to start releasing solid blue Destoroyahs and solid pink Godzilla 1968s once the "Fusion" line ends so they will have an excuse to keep pumping out the same exact molds. I was a hardcore supporter of Bandai Creation for the longest time and would get so mad/frustrated at fellow "fans" who refused to support the line when they was still giving us new figures. But now Bandai Creation are officially skreeonking me off to and if they are only going to keep making new "Tokyo Vinyls" molds and nothing else, then I am definitely done with buying their products.
Don't understand your hatred towards Tokyo Vinyl. They are nice, unique figures.
Thank you!

The Tokyo Vinyls are just different. Of course their style may not appeal to some collectors, but there are indeed people out there who collect these kind of figures.
I for one find that they are quite cool, and neat. Yes they're different, and that's what I like about them. I guess with the Tokyo Vinyls, it's each to his own I presume. I do hope that they continue producing them. Ironically it's the only thing I'm willing to buy from Bandai USA/ Creations' line of Godzilla figures!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Quick question, are any of the non-fusion 6 inch figures different from their original releases? I'm buying/bought Gigan and Mechagodzilla since I missed out on those, but I skipped G'1968 because I had his first release.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I'm interested in knowing if G2K is any different. I want one, but the paint apps are a bit... Eh.

I mean, I plan on customizing one, but still.

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

starsteam wrote:Quick question, are any of the non-fusion 6 inch figures different from their original releases? I'm buying/bought Gigan and Mechagodzilla since I missed out on those, but I skipped G'1968 because I had his first release.
I'm not sure if they rereleased G'68. They did rerelease it in the Burning Fusion style.
I'm interested in knowing if G2K is any different. I want one, but the paint apps are a bit... Eh

To me it looks bigger & has a diffrent paint job. I won't know for sure til this weekend. I have to dig my original G2K out of the garage. If there is a diffrence I'll be sure to post pics. :g2k:

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

ChunkyGodzilla wrote:
starsteam wrote:Quick question, are any of the non-fusion 6 inch figures different from their original releases? I'm buying/bought Gigan and Mechagodzilla since I missed out on those, but I skipped G'1968 because I had his first release.
I'm not sure if they rereleased G'68. They did rerelease it in the Burning Fusion style.
I'm interested in knowing if G2K is any different. I want one, but the paint apps are a bit... Eh

To me it looks bigger & has a diffrent paint job. I won't know for sure til this weekend. I have to dig my original G2K out of the garage. If there is a diffrence I'll be sure to post pics. :g2k:

G'68 was re-released in the first Fusion wave, along with his fusion version.

You said G'2000's spines were black and purple? I just pulled mine out and his spines are also black and purple, and he's the 1st release. Sometimes a brand new figure has a fresher looking paint job compared to the one that's a few years old and dusty.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

starsteam wrote:[

You said G'2000's spines were black and purple? I just pulled mine out and his spines are also black and purple, and he's the 1st release. Sometimes a brand new figure has a fresher looking paint job compared to the one that's a few years old and dusty.

Maybe Chunky just saw the Fusion version?

also, if you could, ChunkyGodzilla, that'd be wicked sweet.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Has anyone seen these at CVS?
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Legion1979 wrote:I like stylized Godzilla figures from Marmit, M-1 and Gigabrain, and I think chibi-style Godzilla figures are adorable...yet I absolutely hate the Tokyo Vinyls. There's just something really awful about them that I can't put my finger on.
Perhaps they're too stylized for you. I personally love the style. He also did these great Ultraman figures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

RedZillaKing wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:I like stylized Godzilla figures from Marmit, M-1 and Gigabrain, and I think chibi-style Godzilla figures are adorable...yet I absolutely hate the Tokyo Vinyls. There's just something really awful about them that I can't put my finger on.
Perhaps they're too stylized for you. I personally love the style. He also did these great Ultraman figures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ultraman looks quite grumpy!
Those do look quite adorable... I WANT! :huge:

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I NEED that Ultraman!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Ultraman looks like Donkey Kong.

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

RedZillaKing wrote:Image
Are these the same size as the Tokyo Vinyl figures? I always belived these were quity tiny (which is why I never bothered getting them)...?
Size DOES matter!

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

"I'm Popeye the Ultraman! I'm Popeye the Ultraman!"

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

"I'll fight to the finish
In under three minutes.
I'm Popeye the Ultraman."

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

:lol: Good one, Plexton!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Thanks!

4Tankzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by 4Tankzilla »

Looks amazing!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

If the Tokyo Vinyl figures aren't so much bad in themselves as much as coming at the wrong time. If they came alongside a new wave, or were the same price, I'd be a lot more inclined towards them, and I think most of us who dislike them would be.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I really wonder what merchandise Bandai's gonna release when Legendary Pictures releases their film.

I hope they have the skills to recreate whatever design Legendary comes up with.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

That is one beautiful Mothra; the way the light illuminates the wings is quite something.