Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by DoubleDam21 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Wouldn't we all have
Maybe they'll release it some day.

Wasn't that figure never released due to lack oc interest or something?
Pretty sure it was in the same boat as Anguirus and MKG.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I know dealing with Toho can be a hassle and I don't know how getting the rights to newer designs works but with KOTM coming up featuring 4 out of the Big 5 it seems like a good opportunity to jump on that. There's also the Shin and Anime Godzillas plus a new Mechagodzilla on the horizon... if the sculpts are good I can see people picking them up.

I wonder how well the Lanard Kong and Rampage toys are selling.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

tbeasley wrote:I know dealing with Toho can be a hassle and I don't know how getting the rights to newer designs works but with KOTM coming up featuring 4 out of the Big 5 it seems like a good opportunity to jump on that. There's also the Shin and Anime Godzillas plus a new Mechagodzilla on the horizon... if the sculpts are good I can see people picking them up.

I don't about anyone else, but I've been to 7 walmarts in my area and have never seen a big city brawl Lizzie. I still see plenty of the others. Im hoping Lizzie gets restocked come movie release as that is one I want.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

darthzilla99 wrote:
tbeasley wrote:I know dealing with Toho can be a hassle and I don't know how getting the rights to newer designs works but with KOTM coming up featuring 4 out of the Big 5 it seems like a good opportunity to jump on that. There's also the Shin and Anime Godzillas plus a new Mechagodzilla on the horizon... if the sculpts are good I can see people picking them up.

I don't about anyone else, but I've been to 7 walmarts in my area and have never seen a big city brawl Lizzie. I still see plenty of the others. Im hoping Lizzie gets restocked come movie release as that is one I want.
I've seen the big Lizzie at a couple of locations, but my guess is that she's the most popular one.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Could we try to keep on topic please?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Could we try to keep on topic please?
They are on topic, discussing how well rampage toys seem to sell and how it's a good sign for BC. Nothing else to discuss since they didn't do anything at toy fair

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Eeeeh,
Thread Topic wrote:Re:Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion
Not really on topic - though you all did try and connect the dots with it. Though I hate to be the fun police, try and dial down the Rampage focused discussion.

Also, if possible, use the report button if you think something is off topic. At the very least, Moderators and Admin's will get a notification. We kinda don't like armchair modding : ( To many times has it started something it shouldn't have D :
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Do we really have to be so anal retentive about this.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

tbeasley wrote:Do we really have to be so anal retentive about this.
Yes.

Kinda -

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I’m bored so I just decided to post my custom Bandai Creations vinyls here. You know to get them seen by more people(however with this thread being dead I doubt it
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

those are pretty cool.
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

So is BC gonna be back for KOTM or are they done for good? tbh I'm fine with either scenario

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzillian wrote:So is BC gonna be back for KOTM or are they done for good? tbh I'm fine with either scenario
With Neca picking up the license it’s safe to say they are dead

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Oh well, not like this line ever did anything important or interesting

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Godzillian wrote:Oh well, not like this line ever did anything important or interesting
Bandai Japan will fill a need for you as well.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Even in death, people exaggeratedly bash BC

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

BC was fine in an age where Bandai Japan's line was dead and no other American merchandise was being made. The second the MMS series started up again, NECA got the rights and Bluefin imported SHMA, it was the death knell. There was no reason for them to continue.

Their G14 might've (debatedly) been the better vinyl, but the constant re-releases meant a grim future for the line. I can't say I'm really going to miss it when there's so many alternatives out there.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I don't expect Bandai America to pass up the opportunity of making kid focused toylines. The 2014 figures sold very well according to Chris, and we now have 3 other major Toho monsters. They would be complete morons not to make toys. I think Chris is trying to get an answer down at SDCC too.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Mechagigan wrote:Even in death, people exaggeratedly bash BC

Yeah, if nothing else, you'd think people would be a little more appreciative of the line considering that unlike it's Japanese counterpart, it was readily available. (not now a days obviously)

I mean hell, you could just walk into the toy section of your local Wal-Mart Toys-R-Us or what have you, and they'd be right there. Say what you will about the quality of the line (I personaly think BC put out some fantastic figures) but you at least have to give the line that fact.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Mechagigan wrote:Even in death, people exaggeratedly bash BC

Yeah, if nothing else, you'd think people would be a little more appreciative of the line considering that unlike it's Japanese counterpart, it was readily available. (not now a days obviously)

I mean hell, you could just walk into the toy section of your local Wal-Mart Toys-R-Us or what have you, and they'd be right there. Say what you will about the quality of the line (I personaly think BC put out some fantastic figures) but you at least have to give the line that fact.