Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by Breakdown »

Im going to stop by Toys R Us today (in like 20 minutes or so) to see if they have Fusion Mechagodzilla or Gigan, tho MG is priority # 1.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I saw them all at the TRU at the North Shore Mall in Peabody, MA. The Fusions don't hold any appeal to me, and the '68 seems like a pale imitation of the Bandai version (I don't think all Bandai Creation figs do - I love the McG - but the '68 doesn't impress me), and I've already got McG and Gigan, so I skipped 'em.

Still kinda tempted by the Tokyo Vinyl stuff, though.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Got back from TRU and while they didnt have the fusion figures, they had the Tokyo Vinyl.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

I don't like the new deformed figures, but I picked up the new fusion figures at TRU last week. I think they are ok. The Gigan is colorful.
I picked them up because I have each of the other initial releases in the Bandai Creation line, so needed to keep the collection in tact.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

just got Tokyo vinyl Godzilla
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Picked up the Fusion Series Gigan at Toys "R" Us yesterday. They had two regular Gigans, one Fusion Gigan, one normal MG, and the Tokyo Vinyls.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

My local TRU now has the fusion series as well. I picked up Mechagodzilla. I dig the dark color and the rustic paint. The Godzilla didn't appeal to me enough to purchase it, though.

And the vinyl these guys are made of is incredibly thin. INCREDIBLY thin. They feel like dog toys... and thats not a hint. :freak:
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

k300
Young Farmer

Post by k300 »

So what is the consensus on the Godzilla 2000 and Burning Godzilla? Going to be in the next wave or do we think they aren't being released? I was really excited for the fusion figures of those models!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

G2K better get released. I was considering the Marmit version, but the one I found had a lopsided head.... Don't want that!

Plus I wanna repaint the BC G2K, so they better come out soon!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

They'll be out in a later line. The current line is testing the waters, basic sales-technique style.

The later line will, I'm sure, re-release the original paint jobs of along with the fusions, just like this first wave. We're due the Rainbow Mothra, G2k, and Burning G if these things sell well.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The Tokyo Vinyls re-surfaced at my TRU. I'm going back & getting Goji in the next couple days - it's cute & makes me laugh. Not totally jazzed by Mecha G tho'. And $17.99 isn't bad.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

The Fusions are listed on the Toys'R'Us web site again, but still as out of stock. I feel like I'm being toyed with.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Tokyo Vinyl would be so awesome if they just kicked down the price. Once they go on sale I'll go for 'em, but at $18, no thanks.

I'm picking up Fushion Gigan and normal MG as soon as I find 'em.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ It'd be one thing if they were normal, realistic-style action figures, but these are specialty set of figures. It'd be like if Star Wars Jedi Force or Galactic Heroes individual figures cost $15.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

wataru wrote:Except those are small figures were little or no articulation and little packaging.
and these are small figures with little articulation and unnessecaryly BIG packaging
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

They have as much articulation as a typical Bandai Creation. Not exactly sure what you were expecting- Super articulated figures of this size traditionally go for $50+. They are more expensive 'cos the material is more expensive than the typical BC material.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

All I'm saying is it's a couple dollars more than I'd like. Knock them on sale and they'll be fine. But if it was a choice between Tokyo Vinyl over a new BC toy, even if they were the same price I'd pick the BC sooner.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

wataru wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:
wataru wrote:Except those are small figures were little or no articulation and little packaging.
and these are small figures with little articulation and unnessecaryly BIG packaging
I take it you've never actually seen a Tokyo Vinyl? Because theyre MUCH larger then a Galactic Hero. GHs are like 2'' x 2''. TV's are like 6'' x 7''
The TV are NOT 6-7" inches...

They are noticably shorter then all the standard BC figures. They are 5" at best.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Yes. My TRU has at least 6 of both Goji and MG. and they are still too small for $20 if you ask me.

the larger, more realistic looking standard BC are cheaper!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Yes. My TRU has at least 6 of both Goji and MG. and they are still too small for $20 if you ask me.

the larger, more realistic looking standard BC are cheaper!
You are missing the point if you expect the stylized SD figures to be more realistic than your BC in order to be more expenve, The Tokyo Vinyls are much more professional looking than most of the generally cruddy BC sculpts. And they are made of higher quality material.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.