Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Good to know, thanks Chris. This is a very weird development.

Yeah I've been fucked up from being sick the past few days so I haven't been up to date. The only shot that I've seen was a shot with the old art on it that Toho made Bandai and NECA use.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Looks like this wave has Godzilla figures in it. Though the only ones that seem to be out right now are Ghidorah and Caesar.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Forget Bandai Creations, this is the first I've heard from Deadzilla for a VERY long time!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Hmm, odd that the back of the box doesn't mention King Ghidorah. And that date on the box seals it: this isn't old stock, this is new product.

And now that we know there's Godzilla figures in the wave, I will concede that these new releases can be for new fans and non-fans. I'll totally eat crow on that one.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I'm just glad to see these things popping up in stores again. (unsold stock or not)
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Very cool to see those in store again! I’ll definitely be getting a couple I’m missing.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Those are the same vinyls that were on the shelf, the LAST time we had BC vinyls on the shelf! Only reason they're showing up again is because KOTM is coming this May. But to long-time collectors, they're just the same old, moldy-old stuff. If this is the best that BC can do, then I'll stick with Bandai Japan for vinyls...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

You would think at least they would include all the rerelease similar versions of monsters from the movie (Rainbow Mothra, FW Rodan, 2014 Godzilla). They were so stupid to not release that 2014 Godzilla BEFORE the movie as a very welcome escape from those terrible gimmick figures, but instead they waited until after all the hype was gone. I just wish someone at that company with actual knowledge and passion for Godzilla would take over.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I still find it hilarious how King Caesar went from being one of the rarest Godzilla monsters to find a figure for

To being more common then pennies on a sidewalk

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

ROMG4 wrote:I still find it hilarious how King Caesar went from being one of the rarest Godzilla monsters to find a figure for

To being more common then pennies on a sidewalk
same happened with GMK Ghidorah. However it didn’t get that bad until the 2014/15 rereleases came out to clog up shelf
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I'd still like them to finally release Anguirus 1955, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Little Godzilla and Meltdown Godzilla. Even finally releasing the Tokyo Vinyl/Super Deformed Godzilla the First, Minilla and King Ghidorah would be nice.

In case anyone wonders what the last one in the first list is, it's a Bandai USA Godzilla Fusion Series-only figure that looks like a completely bright orange duplicate of Burning Godzilla. I think that I saw it on one of the toy show pictures that pop up from time to time, but I can't remember which one it was. All that I know is that its box would've been one of the red, black and gray ones and, as mentioned before, it would've only been one of the Godzilla Fusion Series figures and would not have had a regular duplicate. Of course, I could be wrong and if I am, please tell me.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Are people only seeing these in Walmart? Or anywhere else?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

mikelcho wrote:I'd still like them to finally release Anguirus 1955, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Little Godzilla and Meltdown Godzilla.
They don't have the Anguirus prototype anymore, as confirmed by Chris. Once the new Godzilla KOTM toys are done just get ready for more reissues of the same 4 figs in rotation.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Thanks for the info on Anguirus 1955. What happened to all of the others?

And am I right in saying that Meltdown Godzilla actually was a planned figure and not just something that I think I saw, but actually didn't and I didn't know it?
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
mikelcho wrote:I'd still like them to finally release Anguirus 1955, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Little Godzilla and Meltdown Godzilla.
They don't have the Anguirus prototype anymore, as confirmed by Chris. Once the new Godzilla KOTM toys are done just get ready for more reissues of the same 4 figs in rotation.
Oh, so BC has vinyls planned for the new Goji, KG, Mothra, & Rodan? :eh:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I mean...I would be surprised if they didn't.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Let’s see what Kinda Gimmick toys we’re gonna get for this movie. Also. Hopefully we get 12” figures from this movie like the 12” 2014

Also may head to Walmart soon to see if they have any Of the older figures. I really want to pick up the MG74
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:Are people only seeing these in Walmart? Or anywhere else?
Just Walmart so far. Wouldn't be surprised if they're exclusives like the Jakks figures. They're basically strongarming the toy industry these days.
godzilla1541 wrote:Let’s see what Kinda Gimmick toys we’re gonna get for this movie. Also. Hopefully we get 12” figures from this movie like the 12” 2014

Also may head to Walmart soon to see if they have any Of the older figures. I really want to pick up the MG74
Ho', back up.

There's a Gigan in this wave? 1973 or 2004?

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

mikelcho wrote:Thanks for the info on Anguirus 1955. What happened to all of the others?

And am I right in saying that Meltdown Godzilla actually was a planned figure and not just something that I think I saw, but actually didn't and I didn't know it?
Pretty much long gone. Before release, a lot of toys you see on display at conventions are all subject to licencor approval etc. So, any number of things could have happened. Also, just like any job, people quit/move on to other things so whatever the reasoning was, no one will know. I started up with Bandai in 2013 and I'm on my 3rd contact currently after 2 years of not having one and the line being put on ice. If I recall correctly, King Caesar was approved back in 2011 by someone who left the company a while later. We'll never get the answer but, rather than wondering, I can always let this and any future contact know what fans want. If it gets made or not, that's a different story.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

So far we ain't heard jack about Bandai America producing toys for the NA market. Bandai Japan may be producing toys for JAPAN, but those same toys may not be coming here. Jakks Pacific IS making toys that will be coming to NA. Unless someone KNOWS something - that most of us don't - DO NOT rattle on about BA's toys, as there may not BE any...