Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Petezilla »

I'm at the moment trying to accomplish a listing of all BC GODZILLA series (re-)issues of all release waves with years/months (were possible) to get a complete overlook of what and which (package) variants are out there. Is there already a place that did that, possibly...? :|

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it ~
Last edited by Petezilla on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

KingKaiju wrote:Wishful thinking:

COME OOOOOON '55 Anguirus!!!
Seconded and thirded
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Yeah, I'm glad these are coming back, loved the original series with the red packages that had G2K. The 2000s were a good decade.... sip
Heh, you can say that again.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Hate to keep harping on the reissue, er, issue but I can't believe they're not jumping on an opportunity to do all the new designs, most of which are versions of the Big 5.

Godzilla 2014, 2019, 2020
MUTO Male and Female
Shin Godzilla Forms 1-5
Kong 2017, 2020
Skullcrawler normal & giant sized
Godzilla Filius, Earth
Servum Flying and Worm types (if that's possible)
Anime Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah and Mothra (again if possible)
2019 Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan (if Jakks doesn't have them covered)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

tbeasley wrote:Hate to keep harping on the reissue, er, issue but I can't believe they're not jumping on an opportunity to do all the new designs, most of which are versions of the Big 5.

Godzilla 2014, 2019, 2020
MUTO Male and Female
Shin Godzilla Forms 1-5
Kong 2017, 2020
Skullcrawler normal & giant sized
Godzilla Filius, Earth
Servum Flying and Worm types (if that's possible)
Anime Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah and Mothra (again if possible)
2019 Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan (if Jakks doesn't have them covered)
Half of that stuff will never be made for the Stateside market, and the other half maybe. Bandai considers the US a niche market for Godzilla. Hell, the Power Rangers have a bigger market in the US than Godzilla...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Well I will admit that I was surprised to go back to my local Walmart to see if any of the Godzilla figures had sold, and much to my amazement, every single one of them had sold! The pegs were bare and there was a "Temporarily Out Of Stock" tag on the pegs, so someone is still buying them up. It may do well for Bandai Creation for Walmart to be carrying these for people who never made it out to Toys R Us, K-Mart or Target stores before. To them, these figures are likely "all new".
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:Well I will admit that I was surprised to go back to my local Walmart to see if any of the Godzilla figures had sold, and much to my amazement, every single one of them had sold! The pegs were bare and there was a "Temporarily Out Of Stock" tag on the pegs, so someone is still buying them up. It may do well for Bandai Creation for Walmart to be carrying these for people who never made it out to Toys R Us, K-Mart or Target stores before. To them, these figures are likely "all new".

Smae here, my Walmart was fresh out when I went there the other day. Warms me heart to see these figures selling so well.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

All three Walmarts around me were sold out within a couple days, all three have restocked, and sold out again... twice more. One of the store I'm talking about is a podunk, redneck, barely even a Supercenter... and they've sold out twice over too.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The MechaG's are stinking up the pegs at my Wal-Mart, and it IS a Supercenter...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I guess Bandai Creations are likely going to swoop in and save the day again like they did back in 2014, and release the better versions of the 4 main kaiju from KOTM. No more Rodman, just Rodan the beast
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

_JNavs_ wrote:So I guess Bandai Creations are likely going to swoop in and save the day again like they did back in 2014, and release the better versions of the 4 main kaiju from KOTM. No more Rodman, just Rodan the beast
Well hopefully they don't blow it and wait for the movie hype to completely die out before releasing their vinyl figures the way they did with 2014.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So I guess Bandai Creations are likely going to swoop in and save the day again like they did back in 2014, and release the better versions of the 4 main kaiju from KOTM. No more Rodman, just Rodan the beast
Well hopefully they don't blow it and wait for the movie hype to completely die out before releasing their vinyl figures the way they did with 2014.

Yeah, that was dumb.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Either you are being sarcastic, or you really have no idea of what BC DID or DIDN'T do with Godzilla in 2014... :P

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Either you are being sarcastic, or you really have no idea of what BC DID or DIDN'T do with Godzilla in 2014... :P
What I do know is they released enough products for kids to keep the interest strong here in the states, and then proceeded to release a sculpt 10x better than Bandai Japan did, Their product showed proper emotion in the sculpt. While Japan tends to stylize their American figures how they see fit. ;)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

_JNavs_ wrote: What I do know is they released enough products for kids to keep the interest strong here in the states
Ill always appreciate BC releasing kid-centered stuff like the action Godzillas and the playsets, along with their figures for the MUTOs (especially the female MUTO!)
Formerly known as kurtzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

kaijukurt wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: What I do know is they released enough products for kids to keep the interest strong here in the states
Ill always appreciate BC releasing kid-centered stuff like the action Godzillas and the playsets, along with their figures for the MUTOs (especially the female MUTO!)
Definitely, they didn't have to release all their classic figures retail but they did, so they could reach a wider audience and introduce new fans to Godzilla. When I first bought that old Bandai pack of destruction and the GMK set when I was a little kid it was amazing. 2014 may have been weak gimmick figures at first for the younger kids, but like you said, they released playsets and an amazing Bandai vinyl figure that far surpassed the Japan equivalent

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

My closest local Wally restocked again... 6 or 8 Mothras, two each of the ShodaiGoji, MireGoji, King Ghidorah and one lonely King Caesar...

Going to check the other locals later...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

https://twitter.com/resurrectiongoj/sta ... 84224?s=19

Guess Bandai has new stuff in store after all... :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

This is a break through beyond our wildest dreams. :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

UltramanGoji wrote:https://twitter.com/resurrectiongoj/sta ... 84224?s=19

Guess Bandai has new stuff in store after all... :lol:
Good grief. I sure hope that they have more than that planned. -_-

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Is that.... a '56 Plush Rodan I see with my own 2 eyes

EDIT: Nope just the 60s version damn
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.