Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11276
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:35 am

Godzillian wrote:We have seen amazing and unique sculpts by them like the Anguirus 55 and Little Godzilla vinyls and yet they are scrapped in favor of releasing Godzilla 2000 for the 4th time.


And then they say it's because "they sell".

OF COURSE IT SELLS, IF IT'S THE ONLY THING ON THE MARKET FOR THEM TO BUY
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby Godzillian » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzillian wrote:We have seen amazing and unique sculpts by them like the Anguirus 55 and Little Godzilla vinyls and yet they are scrapped in favor of releasing Godzilla 2000 for the 4th time.


And then they say it's because "they sell".

OF COURSE IT SELLS, IF IT'S THE ONLY THING ON THE MARKET FOR THEM TO BUY

Here's the thing, they say Godzilla sells really well so why not at least try new Godzilla sculpts? Repaint the Burning to be a Godzilla 90s at the very least! Why not make a Godzilla 64 or 75? Maybe do a Godzilla Jr. There is a lot of potential you can do with Godzilla for your vinyl line
Image

User avatar
Dr. Professor
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2661
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am

Godzillian wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzillian wrote:We have seen amazing and unique sculpts by them like the Anguirus 55 and Little Godzilla vinyls and yet they are scrapped in favor of releasing Godzilla 2000 for the 4th time.


And then they say it's because "they sell".

OF COURSE IT SELLS, IF IT'S THE ONLY THING ON THE MARKET FOR THEM TO BUY

Here's the thing, they say Godzilla sells really well so why not at least try new Godzilla sculpts? Repaint the Burning to be a Godzilla 90s at the very least! Why not make a Godzilla 64 or 75? Maybe do a Godzilla Jr. There is a lot of potential you can do with Godzilla for your vinyl line

I would kill for BC to do more Showa Godzilla figures. Especially the two you mentioned, or like Godzilla '73. I think a Showa Ghidorah could be cool too.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Smuggers wrote:"I saw that new King Kong vs Godzilla movie the other day."
"Oh really? Who won?"
"Godzilla. Kong died of cancer."
"Oh."

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Keizer
Posts: 9983
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:54 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Oh well, not like this line ever did anything important or interesting


Bandai Japan will fill a need for you as well.

Yes, indeed. And better sculpts than BC put out. I've gotten Biollante, Heavy Arms MechaG III, MechaKG, GodzillaEarth( thermal ) and have Gigan/ FW Radon on order. Oh yeah, and Shin Godzilla, Kaiju A, Kaiju B, back when they first came out. It's nice to be getting vinyls again...

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:59 pm

A SIGN OF LIFE!?
Yes... Yes, I think it is.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... /ba97910a#

Nothing really new here, just a reissue of the 12" Kiryu and 2004 Godzilla. Paint scheme on Kiryu does look a tad different, however. Do out in Feb. of 2019, just a few months before KOTM hits. Fingers crossed that this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Did you miss me?

Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11276
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:57 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... /ba97910a#

Nothing really new here, just a reissue of the 12" Kiryu and 2004 Godzilla.


Image

MM Raids Again wrote:Paint scheme on Kiryu does look a tad different, however.


That's because it's the stock photos on the back of the box. This isn't going to be the final product.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:03 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:A SIGN OF LIFE!?
Yes... Yes, I think it is.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... /ba97910a#

Nothing really new here, just a reissue of the 12" Kiryu and 2004 Godzilla. Paint scheme on Kiryu does look a tad different, however. Do out in Feb. of 2019, just a few months before KOTM hits. Fingers crossed that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

You sure it's not just Bandai Japan re-releasing Banda Creations figures again?
I think Ultraseven looks ridiculous and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11276
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:15 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:A SIGN OF LIFE!?
Yes... Yes, I think it is.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... /ba97910a#

Nothing really new here, just a reissue of the 12" Kiryu and 2004 Godzilla. Paint scheme on Kiryu does look a tad different, however. Do out in Feb. of 2019, just a few months before KOTM hits. Fingers crossed that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

You sure it's not just Bandai Japan re-releasing Banda Creations figures again?


It wouldn't be sold in a case if it was.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby Petezilla » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:25 pm

The same site also lists re-issues of the 6-figure Chibi Set + the Godzilla vs MG'93 Chibi set for early '19.
Image
Size DOES matter!


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest