Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Starsteam
Keizer

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by Starsteam »

gatorzilla wrote:terrypierson and starsteam-

Those photos are incredible!!! Great find you guys! :huge:

Any idea which store that is starsteam?
"Size does matter at K-Mart!" is what the display says.
I'm wondering what those little "Collect and Win" things are.

Edit: Oh I see the brand now, they're batteries. What was that promotion about?

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

starsteam wrote: "Size does matter at K-Mart!" is what the display says.
I'm wondering what those little "Collect and Win" things are.

Edit: Oh I see the brand now, they're batteries. What was that promotion about?
D'oh! How did I miss that? -_-
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

Here's some really different & unique Doom Island stuff available and priced accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=221 ... nd&_sop=10

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

trendmasters wrote:Here's some really different & unique Doom Island stuff available and priced accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=221 ... nd&_sop=10
Damn, wish I had some extra cash lying around. That art is beautiful.

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

You still have a week to get some!!

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

I got a bunch of Trendmasters toys when I was a kid but I think just about every one of them ended up broken or damaged in some way before long. I don't know if they were really fragile toys or if I was just a particularly clumsy kid, but either way they have not survived to earn a spot on my kaiju figure shelf.

I had the six-inch Godzilla with glowing eyes, which actually held up in good condition way longer than most of the others until one day it literally just cracked apart and fell into several dozen pieces without me even touching it, a six-inch Mechagodzilla which is still around but missing an arm, a leg, and a lot of paint, a six-inch roaring Ghidorah which has gone missing, a Mecha-Ghidorah which completely broke apart maybe a few weeks after I bought it, a six-inch Mothra which is still around and in fair shape aside from some missing paint, a Zilla (I'm not sure what the specific name of the figure was) that has gone missing, a Monster Claw Baby Zilla which is in good condition, and the weird little rubber Ghidorah that came in an egg, also missing.

Needless to say, I take much better care of my kaiju merch than 5-year-old me did.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was pretty rough with my toys, too. I had the 40th Anniversary box set and a Godzilla vs. Mecha-Ghidorah set. I don't know if Ghidorah's heads were supposed to be removable, or if Mechagodzilla was supposed to split in half at the waist, but mine ended up that way. :lol: MOGUERA's thruster/tail thing came off, too. All I have left of them now are the MOGUERA thruster, and Mechagodzilla's lower half. I remember that a lot of MOGUERA's paint peeled off when I put it in the bathtub, too.

I still have Anguirus, Godzilla, Biollante, Battra, and Spacegodzilla. G and SG are still in good shape, aside from a few chips in their paint. Anguirus is the same way, but his tail also broke off at the base. That's not a big deal, though; I just lean it up against his body, and you can't tell it's not connected. Battra's wings are slightly bent, and Biollante is missing a tentacle.

I also have Shatter-Tail and Combat Claw GINOs, the former of which is somewhere in my attic. And I have the Ultimate GINO, though two shelf dives have left it with a shattered ankle, severed tail, and severed arm. It's in storage; not sure if it'll be fixable.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Can anyone post the unreleased Trendmaster's figures?

EDIT, never mind, found em.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

JAGzilla wrote:I was pretty rough with my toys, too. I had the 40th Anniversary box set and a Godzilla vs. Mecha-Ghidorah set. I don't know if Ghidorah's heads were supposed to be removable, or if Mechagodzilla was supposed to split in half at the waist, but mine ended up that way. :lol: MOGUERA's thruster/tail thing came off, too. All I have left of them now are the MOGUERA thruster, and Mechagodzilla's lower half. I remember that a lot of MOGUERA's paint peeled off when I put it in the bathtub, too.

I still have Anguirus, Godzilla, Biollante, Battra, and Spacegodzilla. G and SG are still in good shape, aside from a few chips in their paint. Anguirus is the same way, but his tail also broke off at the base. That's not a big deal, though; I just lean it up against his body, and you can't tell it's not connected. Battra's wings are slightly bent, and Biollante is missing a tentacle.

I also have Shatter-Tail and Combat Claw GINOs, the former of which is somewhere in my attic. And I have the Ultimate GINO, though two shelf dives have left it with a shattered ankle, severed tail, and severed arm. It's in storage; not sure if it'll be fixable.
Glad I'm not the only one who had some Trendmasters casualties. I always feel a little bad when I see pictures of completely pristine TM Godzilla collections, but it helps to remember that a lot of the serious collectors who keep that many toys on display are much older than I am and likely weren't 3-5 when they got those.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Can anyone post the unreleased Trendmaster's figures?

EDIT, never mind, found em.
http://ph59.free.fr/js/tmdestroykamatoyfair.jpg
Weren't Dessy and Kamacuras actually released but for a very short time in Europe?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Love the Megalon Trendmaster

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

How big are the Gamera figures?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Only one I ever owned was Gamera, and he was around 5 to 5.5 inches tall.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I also may be eyeing a Godzilla 98 Fang Bite figure. I'm assuming he's 6"?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

No, he's around 8". The only Trendmasters G98 figure that's 6" is the Tornado Blast one. That one came with some type of military vehicle. Fang Bite, and the other two that are 8", are just the figures.

Here's a pic comparing my Shatter Tail (same size as Fang Bite) and the Tornado Blast G98's. Notable size difference.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

All my Trendmasters figures are in pretty good shape except 10" Space Godzilla who's tail is broke and my 6" Rodan has a busted wing. Except for some paint ware here and they're, not in too bad a shape at all.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I'm still hunting for the Godzilla wars box set figures. Loose, or boxed...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Is this a real figure from the cancelled Trendmasters doom island line or is this a bootleg.
http://superhappycashcow.com/pic/2009%2 ... -11/03.jpg
Godzilla

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

g2vd wrote:Is this a real figure from the cancelled Trendmasters doom island line or is this a bootleg.
Real figure. There are no Doom Island bootlegs.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

g2vd wrote:Is this a real figure from the cancelled Trendmasters doom island line or is this a bootleg.
That figure is legit. I actually have that and the Doom Island Supercharged Godzilla from back when the Doom Island line was still in production and Trendmasters attempted to resurrect the line by selling them online.