Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by JVM »

Is it just me or are Trendmasters' 4" figures their best? The 10" figures all seem kinda off, and the 6" figures have weird proportions, but most 4" figures seem to hold up well - MechaGodzilla's proportions are good, and I'm too biased to comment on the 4" Godzilla.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:
JVM wrote:Is it just me or are Trendmasters' 4" figures their best? The 10" figures all seem kinda off, and the 6" figures have weird proportions, but most 4" figures seem to hold up well - MechaGodzilla's proportions are good, and I'm too biased to comment on the 4" Godzilla.
Their 4" Godzilla and Mechagodzilla were copied from Bandai toys.
Really, which ones?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The Trendmasters line began in 1994, a year after Super Godzilla came out in 1993.

Gamera figures were planned for a 1999 release, as were the Godzilla: The Series figures. I'm guessing the Gamera figures were scrapped for the same basic reasoning - that Godzilla 98 failed.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Gamera figures were only planned? :? I have six Trendmasters Gamera figures that I ordered from some online store when they were released (or at least I thought they were). I have Gamera, Jiger, Viras, Zigra, Gyaos and Guillon. Although at the time, I didn't consider their collective value so I removed them from their packaging after I received them. :oops:
Jack
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ I'll admit my specs on the Gamera figures aren't super accurate since I'm not too big on Gamera. According to Club Tokyo, they were planned/released in 1999.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Who could blame them? Godzilla's a household name and nobody bought their Godzilla toys - why would they buy toys based on the lesser known Gamera?

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I thought the normal Godzilla figures sold fairly well? I was under the impression that only the 98 GINO figures failed?
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ The figures must've sold shitty. Why else would the third wave be cut? Hell, Godzilla Wars arguably was cut earlier - Baragon, Megalon and Varan barely cut retailers.

Good riddance, I suppose.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I don't remember where I read it, but I do recall reading an article to where Trendmasters (in so many words) said they wanted to solely concentrate on the Godzilla portrayed in the '98 film because they figured it would be too confusing to consumers to be selling two different versions of Godzilla that were so drastically different at the same time. And so they figured that the '98 version would have a far better chance of selling more since it was supposed to be a mega-blockbuster. But that gamble did not pan out.
Jack
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Well, we don't know technically. I always assumed they did since Doom Island was canceled so abruptly, but FlawedCoil may have proven me wrong.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Much as I love Trendmasters, it's best they died when they did. The fandom as a whole hates the line for the most part, and I doubt Doom Island would have sold well.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/17-Godzilla-Figures ... 0030417735

there you go TM fans, I dont trust ebay... so i wont be bidding... but here ya go
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

zilla103192 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/17-Godzilla-Figures ... 0030417735

there you go TM fans, I dont trust ebay... so i wont be bidding... but here ya go
I have every one of them except Battra I'm still keeping a sharp eye out for Battra :)

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I would buy those but I don't like Ebay. What's the best place to find Trendmasters toys since I feel like collecting them again?
I used Ebay to get several of my Trendmasters toys that I was missing. They were all in decent shape.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Trendmasters Playset Help

Post by godzilla898 »

I recently bought a Trendmasters Godzilla vs King Ghidorah Micro Playset on eBay. It is fine, but when I opened it up and started playing with it, the SF half in the top of his head fell out! And I tried to put it back in, but the piece is slightly warped and it won't fit. Help?
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Tim85 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I would buy those but I don't like Ebay. What's the best place to find Trendmasters toys since I feel like collecting them again?
I used Ebay to get several of my Trendmasters toys that I was missing. They were all in decent shape.
Same here plus it's the only place you'll get Trendmaster figures on ebay since they're hard to find now these days.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Trendmasters Playset Help

Post by Zilla103192 »

godzilla898 wrote:I recently bought a Trendmasters Godzilla vs King Ghidorah Micro Playset on eBay. It is fine, but when I opened it up and started playing with it, the SF half in the top of his head fell out! And I tried to put it back in, but the piece is slightly warped and it won't fit. Help?
1... What?

and 2... This shouldve just gone in the official Trendmasters Thread... but im not admin or a mod, so... :g2k:
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

I'll try again. I've got a Trendmasters Godzilla vs King Ghidorah Micro Playset. But the piece of the city in the top of the head fell out, and now it won't fit back in. So if someone can help, then post.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

JVM wrote:http://clubtokyo.org/listings/itemListi ... tentID=903

This set?

Which building is it?
That set.
It's not a building, it's the entire ground of the city in the top part of the head.