Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by JVM »

I've almost collected the entire first 6" series - although I planned to avoid Trendmasters figures aside t hose I have, I see them going for better prices then the Bandais I'm after, so I'll probably hook into those. I'm only really worried now about the Rare Three and Anguirus, since as I've heard Anguirus doesn't come in the 6" series...
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by Zilla103192 »

i adore the trendmasters figures. i would KILL to get mine back.

If i only knew what they would be worth back then... :| :eh: :( -_- :cry: :dizzy: X_X
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

I remember I had terrible luck with the Rodans from Trendmasters :lol: first I got the Motion sensor Rodan that lit up and what not for my birthday and 2 days later I wake up and one of it's wings fell off and there wasn't a way to get it back on. Then there was a smaller Rodan who had no special features that ended up getting thrown out by accident. Then baby Rodan just completly dissapeared (I bet it got vacummed up) However I did have a bendable Rodan that I still have and 2 years ago at G-fest I bought the motion sensor Rodan and I still have him too ;) .

Now that I'm done going down memory lane in all honesty I owe a lot of my love for Godzilla to the trendmasters figures I loved them all still do (which is odd because when it comes to bandais acuaracey means everything to me including the paint jobs I only have 1 theater exclussive) yet I love trendmasters in spite of that. I just wish they still were around . :|
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Eh, I think if Trendmasters had continued, the re-designs would have stopped. The new Godzilla Wars figures seemed pretty faithful when it came to the Heisei monsters, and the prototype Doom Island Destoroyah seemed pretty good as well. And the G98 line was amazing, the only issue was overproduction to the high expectations for G98.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ I didn't even knowm images of Kamacuras were available and Kumonga I've only seen the single image of the packaged figure. And although the Baragon re-design was lame, I'd say Varan came out good, and while Godzilla Wars Anguirus was pretty different, the Doom Island one looked a lot more accurate in comparison, even if still wasn't accurate.

My point is though, if Trendmasters continued producing toys until now, I'm all but positive their newer offerings would be more accurate and higher quality.

People love 'em now because they're something different. Behind Marmit and Bandai and M1, you've got PLENTY of companies doing totally movie-accurate figures aside some usually minor errors. Trendmasters put creativity into their figures and pulled a lot of unique ideas out, not to mention they hold tremendous nostalgia.

I'm not saying Trendmasters is better than Bandai - oh no, if there was no Bandai, I'd probably hate Trendmasters. But it's not as if Bandai is the only company to make accurate figures and there's a severe shortage of them.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Love the Trendmasters line! :D Part of my childhood life when Dark Horse comics came out too I still have them! :D On this thread here! :D http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... f=11&t=156

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

Anyone out there looking to sell a Trendmasters 10" Gray Supercharged Godzilla? I'm looking for one. With or without box. It must still roar and eyes/mouth flash.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ I don't think I've ever seen a Supercharged Godzilla for sale.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ No, I will not allow you to see prototype Destoroyah images.

Just kidding. Click here.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i really dont like the destroroyah figure... its not original enough..

i mean its an amazing destroyah figure, but not a good trendmasters one...

they didnt really change him enough... the only thing i see is that they actually took away the weird chest crater...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:i really dont like the destroroyah figure... its not original enough..

they didnt really change him enough... the only thing i see is that they actually took away the weird chest crater...
Trendmasters didn't make it a mission to re-design everything, dude. Looking over their toys for Godzilla Wars and Doom Island, it looks to me that if they'd still been working on toys today, they'd be in leagues with Bandai when it came to accuracy. They were improving pretty fast.

Destoroyah looks pretty awesome and faithful, but still has some creative playability ideas going for him. Would've made a great toy for kids.

I'm just shocked they never released an individual Godzilla with a spring-loaded beam like the one they put in the NYC playset.

Does anyone know why the Doom Island line never made it out?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Doom Island was supposed to come out in 1996, however.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I always thought it was due to GODZILLA fiasco and everything relating to Godzilla got the axe. I didn't know it was suppose to come out in 1996. Didn't the first wave come in 1995?

Anyways, I have an entire shelf devoted to the Trendmasters toys. The only monster I'm missing is Gigan, but I have the BC version so I'm happy. The weird thing is a little over a year ago, we had a tornado go by the house. When mom was doing some clean-up she found a Trendmasters Mechagodzilla figure. It's missing its back spines, tail, and left leg. I kept it because it was just too freaky.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

JVM wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:i really dont like the destroroyah figure... its not original enough..

Trendmasters didn't make it a mission to re-design everything, dude. Looking over their toys for Godzilla Wars and Doom Island, it looks to me that if they'd still been working on toys today, they'd be in leagues with Bandai when it came to accuracy. They were improving pretty fast.

Destoroyah looks pretty awesome and faithful, but still has some creative playability ideas going for him. Would've made a great toy for kids.

I'm just shocked they never released an individual Godzilla with a spring-loaded beam like the one they put in the NYC playset.

Does anyone know why the Doom Island line never made it out?
I know that they didnt go for re designs really, but thats what i liked about the figures... and i also said that it IS an amazing destroroyah figure... but its not something i would be able to tell was made by trendmasters unless i saw it in the box.

and i heard that Doom Island was quietly released in China or some other eastern country for a small while...

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Doom Island has been found in Hong Kong and China, but I think it has more to due with them being produced there than any actual release, and all I know of that's shown up is some reissues in Doom Island packaging and the power-up Kumonga and Anguirus.

King of Monsters figures came out in 1994, Godzilla Wars in 1995, and then Doom Island was set for 1996.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

JVM wrote:Doom Island has been found in Hong Kong and China, but I think it has more to due with them being produced there than any actual release, and all I know of that's shown up is some reissues in Doom Island packaging and the power-up Kumonga and Anguirus.

King of Monsters figures came out in 1994, Godzilla Wars in 1995, and then Doom Island was set for 1996.
If Doom Island was still made in 96 and Trendmasters didn't go out of business, I would so buy Destroyah and other figures from them. :shock:

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I had tried to order the Trendmasters Varan, Baragon and Megalon off their website when they had them available. I sent them a money order and waited weeks and nothing happened. Then one day the site said all the figures were sold out and I was like "WTF?!". A month later, someone from Trendmasters called my house and told me that they had just received my money order more than a MONTH after it was sent (damn USPS) and that the figures were no longer available. They asked if I wanted them to send it back or get some other figures I already had, but I just told them to send it back. :evil:
Jack
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ That's really lame.

Although all three figures are against my budget, Varan is one of my highest priorities for figures, Trendmasters or otherwise.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

^your clubtokyo links are forbidden

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

yep i saw them before... i just thought id let you know...