Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gigan72
Keizer

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by gigan72 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I found a mini Trandmasters Godzilla figure laying in someone's yard, apperently is was being used as a dog toy, picked that sucker up, stuck em in my pocket :lol:
Ha ha nice. I'd love to see pictures.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's sad all this flack this company gets. When these toys first came out it was the greatest thing in the world to me. Never before had an American company attempted an as all encompassing Godzilla themed line as them. After years of nothing but my Imperials it was a dream come true to finally have figures of Godzilla's friends and enemies to play with. Many of the people who hate the line seem to be older fans or those too young to remember the days before the internet where Godzilla things were almost impossible to find or get a hold of. Fans today seem to have no idea how good they have it that new figures and merchandise are literally a click away. Readily available Godzilla toys in that day and age were a dream come true for a fan like me. Finding my first Ghidorah bendy at Walmart was the greatest day of my life at that point.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

gigan72 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:I found a mini Trandmasters Godzilla figure laying in someone's yard, apperently is was being used as a dog toy, picked that sucker up, stuck em in my pocket :lol:
Ha ha nice. I'd love to see pictures.
I'm sorry, I must've overlooked this post, here yah go :)
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It's sad all this flack this company gets. When these toys first came out it was the greatest thing in the world to me. Never before had an American company attempted an as all encompassing Godzilla themed line as them. After years of nothing but my Imperials it was a dream come true to finally have figures of Godzilla's friends and enemies to play with. Many of the people who hate the line seem to be older fans or those too young to remember the days before the internet where Godzilla things were almost impossible to find or get a hold of. Fans today seem to have no idea how good they have it that new figures and merchandise are literally a click away. Readily available Godzilla toys in that day and age were a dream come true for a fan like me. Finding my first Ghidorah bendy at Walmart was the greatest day of my life at that point.
I feel you; I grew up with the Trendmasters figures as well and could care less about inaccuracy (I thought they looked quite cool). As a kid I just figured Godzilla toys were already readily available but when they disappeared from stores after the 1998 film I learned that wasn't the case and regretted not getting certain characters when I could (the hunt for a Mecha King Ghidorah and Gigan was intense, but I never did find them again). There was a gap of having nothing for a few years until my dad began using the internet to get me Bandai figures.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'm sorry, I must've overlooked this post, here yah go :)
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/3702/gTS4SK.jpg
Nice. I own two of those from different tag sales.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

All you hardcore fans of Trendmasters really need to join the amazing Facebook Group Page called: "TRENDMASTERS Prototype Toys".

I guarantee you will ALL be surprised at a bunch of Godzilla toys you never saw.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

trendmasters wrote:All you hardcore fans of Trendmasters really need to join the amazing Facebook Group Page called: "TRENDMASTERS Prototype Toys".

I guarantee you will ALL be surprised at a bunch of Godzilla toys you never saw.
Post em here, they've probably all been seen, like the Destroyah and Kamacuras
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong with that assumption Lain Wired. But hey, I made the suggestion, you certainly do not need to follow suit.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Up load them pleeeease. I beg you.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

trendmasters wrote:
Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong with that assumption Lain Wired. But hey, I made the suggestion, you certainly do not need to follow suit.
Damn you Facebook! I'll still never join you!
Godzilla

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

There is literally hundreds of photos on the Facebook page now. Far too much work to start converting them all to links to post here, sorry. I don't have the time for that.
I'm surprised there is still people that don't have a FB account?? Sure, it has it's bad, like everything, but there is some good to it too. I consider the TM Proto Page to be one of them. Not just Godzilla and Zilla protos, but prototypes from EACH toy line pretty much. Lots on the Unproduced Godzilla Plush line from 1995, Godzilla Wars, KoTM, Doom Island, the Animated Godzilla the Series, Gumby, Battlefield Earth, Dexter's Lab, War Planets / Shadow Raiders, Tarzan, Osmosis Jones, Casper, ID4 Independence Day, Cartoon Network: Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, PowerPuff Girls, Mars Attacks, Battlestar Galactica, The Iron Giant, WCW Wrestling and more...

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

trendmasters wrote:There is literally hundreds of photos on the Facebook page now. Far too much work to start converting them all to links to post here, sorry. I don't have the time for that.
I'm surprised there is still people that don't have a FB account?? Sure, it has it's bad, like everything, but there is some good to it too. I consider the TM Proto Page to be one of them. Not just Godzilla and Zilla protos, but prototypes from EACH toy line pretty much. Lots on the Unproduced Godzilla Plush line from 1995, Godzilla Wars, KoTM, Doom Island, the Animated Godzilla the Series, Gumby, Battlefield Earth, Dexter's Lab, War Planets / Shadow Raiders, Tarzan, Osmosis Jones, Casper, ID4 Independence Day, Cartoon Network: Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, PowerPuff Girls, Mars Attacks, Battlestar Galactica, The Iron Giant, WCW Wrestling and more...
I don't want you to have to post the pictures I mean I agree that would be a lot of work I just...PLEASE I BEG OF YOU JUST TELL US THE NAMES OF THE UNSEEN KAIJU PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Godzilla

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

There is 3 different sized Destroyah figures from Doom Island. Two sizes of the MegaMutations in 5" and 11" size. Same for the MegaMutation Godzilla figures. There is also a 4" RESIN Destroyah Proto, that was to be part of another Dinosaur Box Set. There is also the Space G and another Destroyah, that have yet to be posted. There is all the other unproduced RESIN Dinosaurs, that were to be part of the other Dinosaur Box Sets as well. Only one of a kind of each of those, including some RESIN Triceratops and a Dimetrodon. There is also all the Doom island Art Packets, that were the original artwork used to make the entire line of Doom Island figures. Lots of protos on the KoTM line and Godzilla Wars line too. A wicked 4" Hand-Painted RESIN Rodan KoTM Proto, which is mind blowing!! There is also a look at the prototypes from ALL of the Micro Battle Playsets, unpainted test shots and RESINs, as well as the two Micro Battle Zilla Playsets as well. Neat stuff!!

There is also a relatively extensive look at the infamous 'Thick Neck Long Tailed' Unproduced 4.5" Godzilla Prototype, which in my opinion is my favorite figure TM of the classic Godzilla. There was the version made of Super Sculpty, which is a one-of-a-kind prototype, shown in the TM Dealer Catalog, as well as a variation of it, in plastic format, both unpainted and painted, because it was changed due to some complications from the Tampo Machines, causing damage, due to the fine detail of the skin and the tail etc. That figure is mind-blowing. There is even some photos of some wicked TM Toy Fair Godzilla Displays...

Lots on Kumonga, the protos and the boxed versions. Same as the unreleased 10" Godzilla & Biollante. There is the smaller boxed battle Armor Godzilla. There is the Unreleased Doom Island Anniversary 9-Pack. There is RESIN Paint Masters of the SpaceGodzilla, used in the TM Catalog. A clear MOGUERA Bendie, RESIN Growing G and Zilla protos. Hardcopies of the Windup G. An unreleased MechaG Hardcopy RESIN. Unproduced heads of Ghidorah and MechaG. Lots of different Zilla protos from the '98 line. RESINs, and one of a kinds. A look at the planned 2nd Series of Zilla toys from the '98 film, which were incredible. A look at the unreleased Lava Zilla's. Three different figures painted in reddish lava tones. A look at many different Baby Zilla's in different colors etc... Not to mention, lots on the Animated Godzilla line, RESINs, and Paint Masters. Catalog photos, PROMOs, Trade Ads etc...

That should give you an idea. But here is a look at one of them... the RESIN hand-Painted Rodan Proto. Beautiful:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/36185771@ ... ed-friend/

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Any prototypes exist of Manda? Was Hedorah ever considered for the series? Ebirah? Gabara? Were you guys going to make a Sanda/Gaira battle pack exclusive to Toys R Us?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

Any prototypes exist of Manda? Was Hedorah ever considered for the series? Ebirah? Gabara? Were you guys going to make a Sanda/Gaira battle pack exclusive to Toys R Us?
As far as I know that is a 'No', for each one of your questions. Manda was planned, but highly doubt any protos were made... I could be wrong, but I have yet to see any, still to this day.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

trendmasters wrote: That should give you an idea. But here is a look at one of them... the RESIN hand-Painted Rodan Proto. Beautiful:
Is... is that a Godzilla head on the body of Gumby on the left? If so, that's magnificent (I believe Trendmasters did some Gumby toys back then too, if I am correct?).

trendmasters
GPN Volunteer

Post by trendmasters »

Is... is that a Godzilla head on the body of Gumby on the left? If so, that's magnificent (I believe Trendmasters did some Gumby toys back then too, if I am correct?).
Yes... yes it IS a Gumby with Godzilla Head. A little in-house custom done @ TM and you are correct, he is magnificent!! We call him GumZirahhh!! I don't have a link for him to show, but he is on the TM Proto Page on FB. And yes, TM had the Gumby license and made some wonderful toys for that line as well.

I've got one more to show here and it is really something special... From the 1993-1995 Unproduced Godzilla KoTM Plush line, this particular Godzilla is the bigger and badder version of the apparent 12 G plushes made. This one just may be a one-of-a-kind, or one of only three made, not sure. Solid.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Holy crap is this thread dead? I couldn't find a more recent one, so if I skimmed it, my apologies. Anyway, as a rabid Trendmasters fan, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Finally, I'm able to. I'm currently working on an interview/gallery for the main site focusing on Trendmasters prototypes thanks to a certain individual. He knows his stuff and is giving us some great images that I, personally, have never seen. Maybe some you haven't either!

This is just a small preview.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Those Godzilla the Series figures are the biggest loss of all.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

I'm in physical pain, I want that Jr figure badly..