The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13768
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:42 pm

G1985 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Search mandarake, seen them pop up quite a few times there


How is Mandarake for used books? There are some old Godzilla books that I've been looking for forever.


Shipping is expensive, but that's about all I can tell you. I've never ordered a book from them.
Image

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5787
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Godzillian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:36 pm

G1985 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Search mandarake, seen them pop up quite a few times there


How is Mandarake for used books? There are some old Godzilla books that I've been looking for forever.

Pretty good, never had a problem with the books I've ordered from them
Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10717
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Daimajin Kanon by Bujinsama vinyl. How much do these usually go for?

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby canofhumdingers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:04 pm

After measuring my display space and realizing that I have no hope of fitting the X-plus 1964 Ghidorah in my cabinet, I’m contemplating switching gears a bit. Rather than do a display of the realistic X-plus GTTHM Monster cast, I’m thinking about going for a stylized lineup instead. I’m already halfway there anyway since I’ve had the Gigabrain ‘64 Godzilla and Ghidorah for several years. I’ll need a Mothra larva, but between Marmit and Marusan, those don’t seem too hard to find. But here comes the request.

There is only one Rodan figure out there that will satisfy me for this display, and it is the Pilot Ace Rodan (I think it’s technically the ‘65 version of him, but in stylized form it looks close enough to the ‘64 suit. Certainly more accurate than any other stylized figure in this scale).

I’m keeping tabs on eBay and Mandarake, but does anyone have any other suggestions for places/dealers to seek out? I’d like to get him in some shade of orange or red if at all possible. Thanks for the help!

User avatar
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:34 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:After measuring my display space and realizing that I have no hope of fitting the X-plus 1964 Ghidorah in my cabinet, I’m contemplating switching gears a bit. Rather than do a display of the realistic X-plus GTTHM Monster cast, I’m thinking about going for a stylized lineup instead. I’m already halfway there anyway since I’ve had the Gigabrain ‘64 Godzilla and Ghidorah for several years. I’ll need a Mothra larva, but between Marmit and Marusan, those don’t seem too hard to find. But here comes the request.

There is only one Rodan figure out there that will satisfy me for this display, and it is the Pilot Ace Rodan (I think it’s technically the ‘65 version of him, but in stylized form it looks close enough to the ‘64 suit. Certainly more accurate than any other stylized figure in this scale).

I’m keeping tabs on eBay and Mandarake, but does anyone have any other suggestions for places/dealers to seek out? I’d like to get him in some shade of orange or red if at all possible. Thanks for the help!

Are you trying to keep them all in scale? If not, the Bear Model yellow Rodan is nice and stylized. 5" high. Club Tokyo describes it as the original Rodan but I disagree. The face sculpt definitely has traits of the 60's version.
Resized Image

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:10 am

Yeah, the bear model does appear to be the 60’s version. But it’s too small and undetailed for what I want. The idea is to have them all in scale (or as close as possible) with each other and displayed together. The Pilot Ace Rodan is really the only figure I’ve seen that fits the bill (the Marmit and Marusan rodans out there just don’t work as a ‘64).

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Ben Shapiro » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:00 am

This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6040
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Maritonic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am

Ben Shapiro wrote:This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.


Not sure exactly what happened, but have you tried reaching out to NECA support to see if they'll send you a replacement? I don't know the circumstances, but just a thought.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Ben Shapiro » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:08 am

Maritonic wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:This is going to sound really odd, but I’m looking for a spare NECA Shin Gojira head, the reasons are a little heavy and heartbreaking so if anyone could help me, shoot me a PM and I’ll fill you in on the situation.


Not sure exactly what happened, but have you tried reaching out to NECA support to see if they'll send you a replacement? I don't know the circumstances, but just a thought.

That idea came to my mind but I don’t think my situation would fit their policy.
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
GoWhaleTours
Interpol Agent
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Does anyone have 2014 pack of destruction buildings?

Postby GoWhaleTours » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:31 am

Pretty much the title. Does anyone have some loose destructible buildings from the pack of destruction sets from 2014? eBay only has pricey Boxed ones.
anyway, yeah, macaroni.

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10717
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 pm

I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13768
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...


G14 didn't, why would this film have them?
Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10717
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:I'm looking for a Fast Food Tie-in Thread. Surely, G:KOTM is going to have kiddy meal toys at SOME US retailer...


G14 didn't, why would this film have them?

Well, thanks to Legendary, Goji has become a little more mainstream in the US...

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13768
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:49 pm

If they still can't manage to make a non-retailer exclusive kid's toyline, they're not making Happy Meal toys.
Image

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4923
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby 2004Zilla » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:41 pm

I'm a bit confused why you think Bandai America is positively, absolutely not making KOTM stuff but a happy meal's toyline is in the process of being made, Mandasaurus.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10717
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am

2004Zilla wrote:I'm a bit confused why you think Bandai America is positively, absolutely not making KOTM stuff but a happy meal's toyline is in the process of being made, Mandasaurus.

Okay. What, exactly, is Bandai America MAKING for the US market aside from re-issued BC vinyls and a few selected re-issued Bandai Japan items? AND I never said happy meal toys were being made! I said surely SOMEONE would be selling them - that's called "hope", not a certainty...

User avatar
DocFlesh
Young Farmer
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby DocFlesh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 pm

I've got a Trendmasters 1993 godzilla (missing the pieces), as well as an Imperial Godzilla 6 inch toy and an SH Monsterarts Godzilla. If anyone's interested hit me up.
Also, looking for a 2005 Rodan's left leg.

User avatar
canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

I’ve been putting feelers out a bit but I’m decided now to go all in. I’m am actively hunting for a Pilot Ace Rodan. I’m not set on a specific color scheme but I do want it to be in the red, orange, or brown family of colors. Basically I want something that at least hints at his real color without having to adhere to any specific color pallette.

If anyone has any ideas or contacts that might help me track one down your help is greatly appreciated!

Image

User avatar
MoK 13
Samurai
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Disney World

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby MoK 13 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello TK,
It has been quite a few yrs since I last posted, but I have not stopped collecting. Been very busy working two jobs until recently.
So I picked this up today for a steal.
ImageI am wanting to find a 30cm King Kong 62 (built and painted). If anyone has a line on one that won’t break the bank, I am all ears
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

Destroy All Monsters - We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

User avatar
Birdman
Kwaidan
Posts: 5937
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am
Location: guess

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Postby Birdman » Fri May 31, 2019 3:13 pm

Image

Can someone identify this Godzilla figure?
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"


https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Image


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests