The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Official Looking for this Thread

Post by GhidoGoji »

Anywhere I can get SH MonsterArts Mothra Imago for a decent price? Either color version is fine, and I'd like to get the Larva as well but I'm fine with the adult alone. I'd prefer if it had the original box but don't care if it's been opened/used (As long as there's no significant damage) but I'm willing to forget about the box if the pricing is good. Thanks!
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

SilentTiki
Ronin

Post by SilentTiki »

This will be a random post, but if anyone has an extra tail from an X-Plus 1989 30cm Godzilla, then I would be interested in purchasing it from you.

I recently sold my 30cm 1989, and now the buyer is claiming that I sent him the wrong tail. I believe I'm being scammed, as I double checked the figure before I shipped it to him, but there's not much I can do from a sellers standpoint. I believe he probably broke his personal 1989's tail, bought my complete figure, and now wants to send the un-needed parts back to me for a refund. So I'll be out of my sale, and won't have a Godzilla to sell through eBay unless I can get a hold of another tail. If anyone has one to sell to me then I would appreciate it.
Last edited by SilentTiki on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I might be selling mine. It's new in box. Roar works too!

SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

I'm interested in getting the Bandai 2002 GMK King Ghidorah, but haven't had much luck searching. They all seem to be upwards of $100 which is way too much for me. This figure is my holy grail, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it. Anyone know where to find one?

Here's a picture to avoid any confusion
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GhidoGoji wrote:I'm interested in getting the Bandai 2002 GMK King Ghidorah, but haven't had much luck searching. They all seem to be upwards of $100 which is way too much for me. This figure is my holy grail, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it. Anyone know where to find one?

Hmmm it’s weird when the theater exclusive is cheaper than the mass release https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2716357932

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

godzilla1541 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:I'm interested in getting the Bandai 2002 GMK King Ghidorah, but haven't had much luck searching. They all seem to be upwards of $100 which is way too much for me. This figure is my holy grail, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it. Anyone know where to find one?

Hmmm it’s weird when the theater exclusive is cheaper than the mass release https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2716357932
I thought the same thing. I was able to find plenty of the theater exclusives for much less than the regular version, but I'm not interested in the single color scheme. I guess they must've made a lot for the theater release.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I've been putting off getting this guy for years now, but of course the moment I have some money to burn I can't find him anywhere. :lol: I've searched the far corners of the internet looking for him. eBay is turning up nothing worthwhile (either tagless or extremely expensive). Can anyone help me find him for a relatively good price? I'd prefer not to spend anything over $30-$45. I'd be willing to go a little bit over, though. Can anyone help me find one? Thanks in advance, fellas.

Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Grunkle Sans wrote:I've been putting off getting this guy for years now, but of course the moment I have some money to burn I can't find him anywhere. :lol: I've searched the far corners of the internet looking for him. eBay is turning up nothing worthwhile (either tagless or extremely expensive). Can anyone help me find him for a relatively good price? I'd prefer not to spend anything over $30-$45. I'd be willing to go a little bit over, though. Can anyone help me find one? Thanks in advance, fellas.

Closest I could find for now. I think it's the 8 inch scale version though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-JUNIO ... :rk:5:pf:0
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I've been putting off getting this guy for years now, but of course the moment I have some money to burn I can't find him anywhere. :lol: I've searched the far corners of the internet looking for him. eBay is turning up nothing worthwhile (either tagless or extremely expensive). Can anyone help me find him for a relatively good price? I'd prefer not to spend anything over $30-$45. I'd be willing to go a little bit over, though. Can anyone help me find one? Thanks in advance, fellas.

Closest I could find for now. I think it's the 8 inch scale version though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-JUNIO ... :rk:5:pf:0
Yeah unfortunately that isn't the one I am looking for, thank you for looking though!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Grunkle Sans wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:

Yeah unfortunately that isn't the one I am looking for, thank you for looking though!
I figured since you posted a picture of the reissue. One question though which has been bugging me for a while: Is that version and the reissue the same size? I know it's a different paint scheme, but I was never able to tell if they actually scaled down the reissue. The original does look considerably smaller than a standard 8 inch figure (looks 6 inches), but I've never been sure since I've never seen the reissue next to a 6 inch figure.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: Closest I could find for now. I think it's the 8 inch scale version though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-JUNIO ... :rk:5:pf:0
I figured since you posted a picture of the reissue. One question though which has been bugging me for a while: Is that version and the reissue the same size? I know it's a different paint scheme, but I was never able to tell if they actually scaled down the reissue. The original does look considerably smaller than a standard 8 inch figure (looks 6 inches), but I've never been sure since I've never seen the reissue next to a 6 inch figure.
The version I am looking for is smaller I believe, it's part of the Movie Monster Series. I don't know what the 8 inch version is from but there's definitely a difference. I think the sculpt is the same but scaled down on the MMS version, and with different paint apps.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Grunkle Sans wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:
The version I am looking for is smaller I believe, it's part of the Movie Monster Series. I don't know what the 8 inch version is from but there's definitely a difference. I think the sculpt is the same but scaled down on the MMS version, and with different paint apps.
I think I found it https://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-JR-NE ... rk:22:pf:0

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: I figured since you posted a picture of the reissue. One question though which has been bugging me for a while: Is that version and the reissue the same size? I know it's a different paint scheme, but I was never able to tell if they actually scaled down the reissue. The original does look considerably smaller than a standard 8 inch figure (looks 6 inches), but I've never been sure since I've never seen the reissue next to a 6 inch figure.
Thank you so much again, but I think it's the wrong one as well.
The description basically says they have the wrong image.

"Note: Photo is of a 2002 Godzilla Jr with white toes.
My Godzilla Jr does not have white toes and is 1995.
Last one left, there will be no more."

I'm pretty sure it's still the 8 inch version. Sorry again, but thank you so much for helping.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: I figured since you posted a picture of the reissue. One question though which has been bugging me for a while: Is that version and the reissue the same size? I know it's a different paint scheme, but I was never able to tell if they actually scaled down the reissue. The original does look considerably smaller than a standard 8 inch figure (looks 6 inches), but I've never been sure since I've never seen the reissue next to a 6 inch figure.
Thank you so much again, but I think it's the wrong one as well.
The description basically says they have the wrong image.

"Note: Photo is of a 2002 Godzilla Jr with white toes.
My Godzilla Jr does not have white toes and is 1995.
Last one left, there will be no more."

I'm pretty sure it's still the 8 inch version. Sorry again, but thank you so much for helping.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I'm not giving up on you. I'm finding that figure.

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
Cheapest one I could find on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Mubimon ... Swlxxbsxch

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
It says 2002 and is the right paint scheme. $57 and free shipping. Kinda steep but I'll keep looking on other sites for a cheaper price.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not giving up on you. I'm finding that figure.

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
Cheapest one I could find on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Mubimon ... Swlxxbsxch

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
It says 2002 and is the right paint scheme. $57 and free shipping. Kinda steep but I'll keep looking on other sites for a cheaper price.
Thank you! I'll definitely try to get that one, but if we find a cheaper one then hey that's great!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I didn't even know this thread existed before Grunkle Sans posted, but here I go

I've been after this bad boy for like 4 years now. I don't care if he has the tag or not, but I specifically want the 1984 version (Golden paint with fully colored mouth, rather than the 1988 orange/yellow paint and semi colored mouth). I also want him for a reasonable price.

Ebay isn't really doing wonders for me, neither is Mandarake, Tempting Toys, or Clawmark Toys. Anyone have any ideas?

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I didn't even know this thread existed before Grunkle Sans posted, but here I go

I've been after this bad boy for like 4 years now. I don't care if he has the tag or not, but I specifically want the 1984 version (Golden paint with fully colored mouth, rather than the 1988 orange/yellow paint and semi colored mouth). I also want him for a reasonable price.

Ebay isn't really doing wonders for me, neither is Mandarake, Tempting Toys, or Clawmark Toys. Anyone have any ideas?
My best solution is to go to eBay and really knock your search down to basic levels. Try just searching "King Ghidorah figure" or "King Ghidorah toy" then making sure that the category dropdown box is on all categories, this can give you a lot more results than you'd imagine. Sometimes I just search "Godzilla toy lot" to try and find people who don't know what they're selling. You would be surprised what you can find, although it can take some time to search through everything.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

I'm looking for an SH MonsterArts Destoroyah Special Color Version for $75-$125. Everything included.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:I'm looking for an SH MonsterArts Destoroyah Special Color Version for $75-$125. Everything included.
Good luck with that. That's below MSRP.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... A2&lang=en

Here's a used one for like 115 b/4 ship. That's about as good as you can get.