Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Newest Kaiju Negora made available at 1 pm est on Jan 31st. Mark Nagata had double the production orders on this newest release. Even with that increase club members bought the majority. Only 6 were made available for sale to the public. Sold out in 1 minute. :(
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:I put one in my cart as soon as it appeared, checked out with my credit card, and then my order confirmation email listed me as ordering "0" items at $40.

I hope that was a mistake, and they didn't let someone else literally pluck the damn thing out of my shopping cart. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
I can tell you right now your order was placed after it was sold out. Mark site crashed since many people were trying to get it. The store allowed orders to go thru even when stock sold out. Anyone stating order number as 0 will not get one and will not be charged. Mark will email everyone that placed an order to let them know if theirs went thru or not.

Also correction less than 6 were made available to public. Mark received a few more orders last night.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

What a bust! We were so close...
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

SUPER7

Pumpkin Boy. Black vinyl mixed with GID vinyl. Cost $50.

==============================================================================================================================

T-Facto

1954 Godzilla Resin Kit. Price 19000 yen. Discount for pre-orders before Feb 12 for 16,000 yen. Released date late March 2012.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

no mura can you explain the difference between yamanaya/marmit or even the connections if any

they both are super similar

and another company i see is kaijudyo or something like that where yamanaya figures are often said to be
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Orgasmatron wrote:no mura can you explain the difference between yamanaya/marmit or even the connections if any

they both are super similar

and another company i see is kaijudyo or something like that where yamanaya figures are often said to be
There is no connection between Yamanaya and Marmit. Tsuburaya Communications was the company name before it changed to Yamanaya in 2003. Kaijukyo is a series name started under when it was Tsuburaya Communications.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

alright that makes sense

i get confused sometimes seeing all the names being thrown around
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MARUSAN

Large Size Garamon. Cost 9,975 yen each. Event exclusive to Yuji Kaida Ultra World Paintings Exhibition of Ultra Q & Ultraman" held at the Logos Gallery in Shibuya from Jan 27, 2012 to Feb 8, 2012.
ImageImage

Dodongo 450 Gold. Cost 21,000 yen. Event exclusive to Yuji Kaida Ultra World Paintings Exhibition of Ultra Q & Ultraman" held at the Logos Gallery in Shibuya from Jan 27, 2012 to Feb 8, 2012.

Godzilla and Tokyo Tower "Always" Set. Wonder Festival exclusive on Feb 12, 2012. Cost 10,500 yen.

Zetton. Wonder Festival exclusive on Feb 12, 2012. Cost 7350 yen each.

Godzilla Bronze Colored Family Set w/Marusan Company brass steel emblem. Cost 42,000 yen. March 2012 release.

================================================================================================================================

X-PLUS

73 Goji and Jet Jaguar Box Set. Limited edition set of 100. Cost 20,000 yen. 50 sets available at Wonder Festival on Feb 12, 2012. Another 50 sets available from Rick Boy web shop after WF.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

SHIKARUNA KOBO

Igaaru. Cost 4980 yen. Feb 12, 2012 online sales from Shikaruna Kobo
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Five. Hundred. Dollars.... FOR THOSE 3?! What in all that is right?!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

GreenAiden555 wrote:Five. Hundred. Dollars.... FOR THOSE 3?! What in all that is right?!
Unfortunately its a necessary evil. If all of these figures were at run'o'the'mill toystore prices, they'd be worthless to collectors - and in turn wouldn't be collector's items. They would be equivalent to the generic, packaged mediocrity that dons the shelves of every Wal-Mart. Marketplace value has to start somewhere, and there is a very steady market for these uppercrust figures in our fandom.

Its a surefire way to make money (if you have a unique/desirable item), and to make an impression. It separates the serious collectors from the casual.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

GreenAiden555 wrote:Five. Hundred. Dollars.... FOR THOSE 3?! What in all that is right?!
The price I provided is correct. The largest figure is 30 cm in that set. Also forgot to mention a special Marusan Company steel brass emblem patch comes with the set. This emblem use to be worn by Marusan employees only in the 60s. So they are reproducing it for this special set.

Picture of the patch
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Y-MSF

Gabara. Tomo Shop Exclusive. Only 12 available from Tomo. Cost 5250 yen.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Boy they sure are beating every penny they can out of that Gabara sculpt...

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

KONATSU & MARK NAGATA DESIGN FESTA GALLERY SHOW

Exhibition show held on March 31, 2012 and Apr 01, 2012.

==========================================================================================================================

Y-MSF

Preview working on a new sculpt.....
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

SHIKARUNA KOBO

Dororu. Cost 8000 yen. Released Feb 4, 2012.

Marine Kong. Preview of a new head sculpt open mouth version. Andy of Kaiju Korner made a visit to Shikaruna Kobo and gives us first hand look at the new head sculpt they will be releasing.

================================================================================================================================

MONSTER MAKER 28

GMK King Ghidora "Battle at Yokohama" version. Resin kit. Cost 32,000 yen. Release late Feb 2012.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

REALLY pricey, but I love that Ghidorah. Any indication a to how big?

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

GreenAiden555 wrote:REALLY pricey, but I love that Ghidorah. Any indication a to how big?
31 cm in height and wingspan of 62 cm.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Holeee shit that Ghidorah...

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

King Ceaser's head looks way too big to me.
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.