Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by Rody »

LOL, what on earth???? :lol:

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:It's supposed to go with the flying Hedorah, which has two "arms" to hold Goji like he's carrying him.
I don't recall Y-MSF doing a flying Hedorah...
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

godzilla898 wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:It's supposed to go with the flying Hedorah, which has two "arms" to hold Goji like he's carrying him.
I don't recall Y-MSF doing a flying Hedorah...

A few pages back. It should be out this summer.

EDIT: On page 14.

Shōbijin
GPN Volunteer

Post by Shōbijin »

Not to forget Sanda and Gaira.

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

And Zone Fighter and King Caesar they showed a while ago...

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Dude! They're making more rocks?? Is that confirmed??

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

godzilla898 wrote:And Zone Fighter and King Caesar they showed a while ago...
Zone fighter they showed about the same time as that Hedorah, if I remember correctly.

I need an affordable flying Hedorah... Well, don't NEED, but it would make my life easier.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

From what Kawakami-san has stated. The toys he produces under his company Y-MSF is simply a hobby and not his full time job. He stated he only introduces maybe about 2 new figures a year. This year it will be the flying Hedorah holding the Goji. And Rodan at the end of the year.

========================================================================================================================================

CAST

1968 Godzilla. Cost 4200 yen. Late April.

==============================================================================================================================

MAX TOY COMPANY

Kaiju Negora. Free giveaway to attendees of the KonatsuNagata artshow held in Japan from March 30-April 1.

Micro Galaxy Eyezon. 1-off painted by Mark Nagata. Cost $150. Sold directly from MTC online on April 21 (Sold Out).

Fullsize Galaxy Eyezon. 1-off painted by Mark Nagata. Cost $300. Sold directly from MTC online on April 21 (Sold Out).

Eyezon. 1-off painted by Mark Nagata for One-Up Japan.

================================================================================================================================

BULLMARK

Kanegon Blu Ray CG color version. 6300 yen. June 2012 release.

Sadora. Colorway was originally released for the Jan 2012 Super Fest. Being reoffer as standard mail way directly from Bullmark. 6300 yen. June 2012 release.

===============================================================================================================================

SECRET BASE

Devilman (dog face mask). Cost 3150 yen (sold out). Direct sales from Secret Base. April release.

================================================================================================================================

ELEGAB

Oil Shock Type A. Lottery sales. Cost 8800 yen + S&H. Submissions from April 19-22. May 10 release.

Oil Shock Type B. Lottery sales. Cost 8800 yen + S&H. Submissions from April 19-22. May 10 release.

=================================================================================================================================

SKINNER x LULUBELL x Shikaruna Kobo

Ultras Bog Blue Velvet Star Crusher. Cost $85 + S&H. Limited exclusive from Lulubell. April 19 pre-order (sold out). May/June release.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:From what Kawakami-san has stated. The toys he produces under his company Y-MSF is simply a hobby and not his full time job. He stated he only introduces maybe about 2 new figures a year. This year it will be the flying Hedorah holding the Goji. And Rodan at the end of the year.
By introduce, do you mean show sculpts of or produce?

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

godzilla898 wrote:
Kaiju no Mura wrote:From what Kawakami-san has stated. The toys he produces under his company Y-MSF is simply a hobby and not his full time job. He stated he only introduces maybe about 2 new figures a year. This year it will be the flying Hedorah holding the Goji. And Rodan at the end of the year.
By introduce, do you mean show sculpts of or produce?
I meant actual production.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

holy crap that sandora is awsome

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

RedZillaKing wrote:Dude! They're making more rocks?? Is that confirmed??
Damn! Y-MSF is really turning up the heat!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Jomei wrote:New Hazawa Gumi Showa Ghidorah color variant?

This KG color version is not a new release.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Hey Kaiju no Mura:

I've checked Marmit's website and they still haven't updated it for May (they usually update their page one 1st of each new month, so this is rather strange). Do you know if there will be any interesting Godzilla-related releases from Marmit for May?
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Hey Kaiju no Mura:

I've checked Marmit's website and they still haven't updated it for May (they usually update their page one 1st of each new month, so this is rather strange). Do you know if there will be any interesting Godzilla-related releases from Marmit for May?
Marmit updates are random at times. Normally yes on the 1st. But sometimes they do it a few days before the 1st or no later than the 5th of the new month. I image they have been busy because of the upcoming Super Fest and Dept H events and for the Design Fest show coming up. Normally they like to show a display of the future releases at the show. This time they didn't show what the pre-orders were.

*ADDED: Just remember May 3-5 or national holidays in Japan. So Marmit may not update until after the holidays.

No problem Jomei. Items that they haven't sold before from past shows or direct sales normally is brought back show after show from Hazawa Gumi.

====================================================================================================================================

MAX TOY COMPANY

King Negora. Design Festa 35 exclusives. Cost 9000 yen each. May 12 & 13, 2012 release.

Kaiju Negora. Hyper Hobby exclusives. June release.

Kaiju Negora. Design Festa 35 exclusive. May 12 & 13release. Max Toy Company will also receive some for sale. MTC members get first shot for $40 + S&H. Any left over will be online to general public on May 11, 2012.

==============================================================================================================================

BUTA NO HANA

"Ultra Q" Janken Battle Set. Super Festival 59 exclusive. Cost 3000 yen. April 30, 2012 release.

=================================================================================================================================

M1GO

Hipporito. Super Festival 59 exclusive. Cost 5000 yen. April 30, 2012 release.

=============================================================================================================================

BULLMARK

Garamon Grab Bag Set. Comes with 1 Garamon and 2-3 additional random Bullmark figures. Super Festival 59 exclusive. Cost 15,000 yen. April 30, 2012 release.

============================================================================================================================

SKULL HEAD BUTT

Space Mutant Alien Species Series. Super Festival 59 exclusives. Cost 8000 yen each. April 30, 2012 release.

Kong species Series. Super Festival 59 exclusives. Cost 10,000 yen each. April 30, 2012 release.

Kong Species Series. Design Festa 35 exclusives. Cost 10,000 yen each. May 12 & 13 release.

Space Mutant Alien Series. Design Festa 35 exclusives. Cost 8000 yen each. May 12 & 13 release.

===============================================================================================================================

CAST

1991 Godzilla + Musashi 2 Submarine Set. Limited edition of 20. Cost 6300 yen. May release.

==================================================================================================================================

MUTANT VINYL HARDCORE

DX Sludge Demon Dokurogon. May 20 sales.

SHIKARUNA KOBO

Kappa-sama. Treasure Festa in Ariake 7 show exclusive held May 5, 2012.

PAUL KAIJU

Mock Bat. Design Festa 35 exclusive. Show held from May 12 & 13, 2012.

Paul Kaiju & Uamou exhibition held at Studio Uamou May 18 & 19, 2012.

==================================================================================================================================

ELEGAB

Spacegon. Preview of upcoming sales.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Eh, doesn't suit her like the other colors have.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

http://www.marmit.co.jp/tuhan2/kt-182c.html

Instead of giving us something new like their amazing MH Orga figure back in January, Marmit seems content these days with just churning out variant after variant, and this is in particular is a rather ugly one at that.

Why do I have the feeling that the late January MH Orga release will be the only new sculpt from Marmit this year? It's a real shame what this line has become over the last few years...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Wish they'd just rerelease Titanosaurus. I don't care if he's purple...

BTW Jomei, I think I know the action you're talking about. I was trying to win that guy's Anguirus but I sure as help wasn't willing to pay over 150 bucks for it.

MAX
Ronin

Post by MAX »

It's interesting that Marmit has been fielding classic non-Japanese horror movie figures as of late. Last month a Triffid, this month the creature from Curse of the Demon.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I actually like the red variant. It's appropriate, too, since she's part rose and all.

@MAX- Yeah I guess it's cool and all, but I wish they'd get some more Toho kaiju in there. That terrible Godzilla 91 was their last release IIRC.