Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Releases

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Captain Aktion wrote:^I didn't know Marmit were still releasing Parababy figures...
Marmit no longer calls the series "para baby." The series is called "baby monster heaven."

=================================================================================================================================

Some additional pictures of the Marmit Trigorath.

SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Jomei, look back earlier in this thread. KNM pointed the way to some different options for obtaining these figs.

"Baby Monster Heaven"? Eh, I think Parababy was better, but oh well.

So, I know Clubtokyo hasn't been updated this year, so are there many PB releases that aren't up on their site? I mean, new sculpts, not new paint variants, as obviously they are releasing those.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Oh, I love those Marmits. Make Mine Marmit!
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Captain Aktion wrote:^Jomei, look back earlier in this thread. KNM pointed the way to some different options for obtaining these figs.

"Baby Monster Heaven"? Eh, I think Parababy was better, but oh well.

So, I know Clubtokyo hasn't been updated this year, so are there many PB releases that aren't up on their site? I mean, new sculpts, not new paint variants, as obviously they are releasing those.
I think it's been longer than a year. Obviously BC isn't their first priority, but the MG74 and new G54 are 2-3 years old now and still haven't been added.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

JVM wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:So, I know Clubtokyo hasn't been updated this year
I think it's been longer than a year. Obviously BC isn't their first priority, but the MG74 and new G54 are 2-3 years old now and still haven't been added.
The last time Club Tokyo updated was on December 22, 2010. Club Tokyo just updated with a bunch of stuff today. List of figures they added:

http://www.clubtokyo.org/results/newAdditions.php

=============================================================================================================================

TOY KARMA 3 GALLERY SHOW EVENT

Toy Karma 3 gallery show event sponsored by Mark Nagata of Max Toy Company will be held at the Rotofugi Gallery in Chicago, IL from September 10 to October 2, 2011. Various Japanese and USA artist and makers will be participating with 1 of a kind painted custom kaiju toys and artwork. Their works will be made availabe for sale thru Rotofugi. The event will also have some very limited edition exclusives available for sale will supplies last. These are some of the exclusives offer:

Max Toy Company x Konatsu "Kaiju Negora." Cost $50. Height 9.5 cm.

Zollmen "Badzilla." Cost $175. Height 25.4 cm.

Zollmen "Bobongo." Cost $165. Height 23.5 cm.

Some of Mark Nagata 1-off customs that will be displayed at the show and made available for sale:

Some other 1-off customs by various other artist for the show:

Artist: Paul Kaiju

Artist: Splurrt

=================================================================================================================================

X-PLUS/RIC

Re-issue of the 1989 Godzilla. This is a DeAgostini Shop Limited Edition Exclusive. This version is not to be confused with the limited Rick Boy edition that was released with an extra accessory. The DeAgostini version is a paint variant that boost is more realistic in color accuracy to the movie. Cost 10500 yen (Approx $131). Height 25 cm. November 2011 release date in conjunction with the Biollante.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

BANDAI just announced to new 6" vinyl figures to be released in November. Both hail from the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray Special "Ultraman Zero: Beat Killer Star" (or whatever the japanese title translates to):

Ultra Monster Series EX Jean Killer
Ultra Hero Series EX Jean Nine

Sorry, no pics as of yet.
Size DOES matter!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Kaiser Belial polystatue. M78 store exclusive. Limited edition of 78 and individually number with certificate. Eyes and chest light up. Height 50 cm. Cost 18,900 yen (approx $236). Late November release.

===============================================================================================================================

I posted a few pages back on the release of this 2-Head Bemon vinyl toy from Japan. After market sales from a official YJA from Bemon makers. Auction ended on September 6, 2011 for 99,500 yen ($1,243). :huge:
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Jomei wrote:Hot damn.

So what are the chances of Bandai producing more non-Ultra kaiju in the near future? I love seeing the new Marmits and such, but it would be cool if something I could afford to buy without guilt would come out, too. xD
I think it's possible.

The fact they're still doing 6" Ultraman vinyl figures while there's the Ultra-Acts line seems to imply, I think, the MonsterActs won't kill the 6" or 8" Bandai Godzilla lines.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:
JVM wrote:
The fact they're still doing 6" Ultraman vinyl figures while there's the Ultra-Acts line seems to imply, I think, the MonsterActs won't kill the 6" or 8" Bandai Godzilla lines.
Except that Ultraman is far more popular than Godzilla and Bandai hasn't done a standard retail Godzilla vinyl figure since 2007.
Not what I meant, Legion. I'm not saying Bandai'll make new Godzilla stuff, just that it seems to imply if there's ever anything new in the series Bandai may make vinyl figures as well as the Monsteracts toys, rather than just the latter.

I mean, what does Bandai have to gain by making new Ultraman vinyl figures in lieu of Ultra-Act figures for the promotion?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

@JVM: Vinyl figures have several attribute superior to real action figures: they are cheaper in production, have less of a time consumption in production and have way more selling potential due to the price tag. So basially Legion1979 is right. Action figures are not completely but in wider range focused on the adult collector while Sofubi are originally meant to play with for kids.
Size DOES matter!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Petezilla wrote:@JVM: Vinyl figures have several attribute superior to real action figures: they are cheaper in production, have less of a time consumption in production and have way more selling potential due to the price tag. So basially Legion1979 is right. Action figures are not completely but in wider range focused on the adult collector while Sofubi are originally meant to play with for kids.
Thanks for the clarification both of you. I've been wondering about this since the Monster-Acts were announced.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Great stuff, Kaiju No Mura! I'm still posting these updates at Skreeonk.com, and they look fantastic!

I'm afraid to get into the Vinyl Artist's figures... I'm afraid I'll never stop! What an expensive hobby we have, indeed.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Jomei wrote:I wonder what else is going to be available at that show.

Also flickr user sbbenhcs was nice enough to post pictures from the show.
ImageImage

Also someone was nice enough to post this video on youtube of the Toy Karma 3 show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nU6tPg4 ... r_embedded
UnCanny Studios wrote:Great stuff, Kaiju No Mura! I'm still posting these updates at Skreeonk.com, and they look fantastic!

I'm afraid to get into the Vinyl Artist's figures... I'm afraid I'll never stop! What an expensive hobby we have, indeed.
Thanks. Collecting the vinyl artists figures is very expensive. Not only is it more expensive than godzilla figures, it's hard to get the ones you want since the production runs are insanely small. But it sure is fun to collect them.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Figured everyone would want to see this:

http://skreeonk.com/2011/09/12/septembe ... rs-update/

I know I'll be picking up at least ONE of these Y-MSFs! Awesome stuff.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Jomei wrote:I think I might be man enough to get one of these pink Zillers. Or hint to my girlfriend that I want one. :oops:
Hah! Its not the color, mate. Its how you display it!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Tyler wrote:I love the mace-wielding monkey-general.
It's by the new company Ilu Ilu and the toys name is Neo-Gorilla.

Ilu Ilu made it's debut at the January 2011 Super Festival in Tokyo. These were the first two releases:

Better picture of the Neo-Gorilla's for Toy Karma 3 gallery event.

==============================================================================================================================

MEDICOM PROJECT 1/6 EXCLUSIVES
All made available for sale on September 10.

Mutant Vinyl Hardcore "Ollie" version 1. Cost 13,800 yen (approx $172).

Mutant Vinyl Hardcore "Ollie" version 2 on glow in the dark vinyl. Cost 13,800 yen (approx $172).

Jetturre "Horumon Kaiju Horumora." Cost 6,300 yen (approx $78).

Jetturre "Guddo Robo." Cost 6,800 yen (approx $85).
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

MechaGamera
Monsterland Worker

Post by MechaGamera »

So does Neo Gorilla come from a cartoon or film?

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MechaGamera wrote:So does Neo Gorilla come from a cartoon or film?
It is just a made up character by Ilu Ilu.

==============================================================================================================================

TOY NEWS FROM GO HERO

ImageImage

GO HERO LLC has acquired MARUSAN USA to exclusively distribute MARUSAN TOYS Inc. in the US and to develop new and classic Japanese character toys for collectors around the world.

We are proud to announce a new endeavor between Marusan Toys Inc. and Go Hero LLC. This opportunity will facilitate the distribution of Marusan products in the US as well as open up licensing possibilities in both the US, Japan and elsewhere. Both companies share affections for classic toys, kaiju (monster), robots and hero characters. This will open up possibilities in vinyl, tin and more. Look for new versions of Marusan classic, new Marusan exclusives, new Go Hero/Marusan collaborations, and new Marusan designs of your favorite characters such as TOHO’s GODZILLA, TSUBURAYA’s ULTRAMAN, TOEI’s KIKAIDA and many more.

“As a collector of Marusan products, I am honored to have this opportunity to collaborate with Marusan. The possibilities of taking some of my American licenses and interpreting them through the lens Marusan is thrilling.” – Steve Forde, owner Go Hero

“Both Steve Forde and Eiji Kaminaga have made amazing toys in their respective companies, I am looking forward to what they create together.” – William Gallagher, previous owner of Marusan USA

“I am excited to combine our talent and skills to create new projects and reach new collectors.” – Eiji Kaminaga, owner of Marusan Toys Inc.

Go Hero Toys has already done a few exclusive from Marusan in January 2011. Both Anguirus and Gamera are a limited edition of 10 and are hand painted by Matt Walker aka Dead Presidents using his brand of toy vinyl paints Monster Kolors. They are still availabe for sale at the Go Hero Online Shop: http://www.goheroshop.com/home.php

SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Reldn
Yojimbo

Post by Reldn »

Hmm...I'm highly tempted to get that Godzilla 1962 and maybe 1964, even if they are pink. *laughs*

Never ordered from Toyfreakz before though, seems like they have pretty decent prices. Has anyone ordered from them before, and if so how are they?

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

Gabara looks like a gummy worm.