Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by TokyoVigilante »

That's a pretty weak '62 Goji.

It's the most fantastically sculpted and detailed "generic dino headed" Godzilla I've seen, though.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

HONEY BONES

Some additional close up pictures of the FW Gigan head that Maeda-san has been working on.
That's an awesome Final Wars Gigan!

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

well the radar x somewhat remindes me of the xenomophs.

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

Kaiju no Mura wrote: Image
Though getting a little Dr. Who figure would be a hoot, Raymundo's KKE Kong was an easy pass for me even when it wasn't part of a nearly nonexistent release.

I'd like to have an authentic Kong '67, but Raymundo's sculptor used the same base sculpt as for K '62, pot belly and all. Kong '67 had broader shoulders and less of a gut.
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Ho. Lee. M***************t. I will be buying that. No waiting for the Ultra Act this time. I shall buy three. One to have, one to repaint, and one for a project I've been cooking up.... The absolute BEST thing? He'll be dirt cheap! If I'm reading that card correctly it says October...

This is good news for another reason too.... This means that new Ultraman Saga merch is still in the works. Ultra Act Hyper Zetton is still a distinct possibility.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

My life just regained new sense. After all the BANDAI god finally answered to my years of prayers! This one is going to be my personal figure of the year, I've waited so long for a 6" Earthtron! Yes!!! :huge:
Size DOES matter!

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Is it just me, or is the Hyper Zetton in the image missing his wings?
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

It's the wingless version.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

YAMOMARK

Yamobazooka. Blobpus exclusive. Painted by Kaji-san of Blobpus on GID vinyl. Pre-orders open until June 17. Price 10,500 yen + S&H. July 25, 2012 release.

=============================================================================================================================

ILU ILU

Meteor Seijin Pepy. Grumble Toy limited exclusive. Price $120 + S&H.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 050&type=3

OHMYGODNOWAITHISISREAL!!
i love how the one they use for the release show has the painted-chipped nails too, just goes to show : p
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

@ the Tempting Toys exclusive King Kong VS sets:

A release of only two sets of each of the 4 variants is as pointless as it can get. That can't even be called a limited release, it's pretty much just a one-of-a-kind (well... TWO-of-a-kind) customization initiated by an official dealer, but nothing else. Again: it's totally pointless, since nobody will ever be able to hunt these things down for his own collection, if not having been the super-lucky guy in the first place. I can see limited editions of 100 or maybe even only 50 pieces being hardcore collectors items, but everything under this magic line - especially 2 - is nothing but ridiculous b*shit ~

But... oh well... that just was the pissed-off Pete writing, since he's angry that he can never ever own these beautiful figures... :roll:
Size DOES matter!

Mecha-Streisand
Ronin

Post by Mecha-Streisand »

Legion1979 wrote:I think a lot of what Tempting Toys does (especially where Y-MSF/Raymundo is concerned) is ridiculous bullshit.
Absolutely. I especially love how Tony desperately tries to pawn bootleg Memorial box Godzillas as the real deal. Not to mention he overprices everything to all hell.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

2012 ULTRAMAN FESTIVAL limited exclusive BANDAI figures:

Ultra Hero Series SP Ultraman Zero (Strong Corona Zero) - Metallic Ver.
Ultra Hero Series SP Ultraman Zero (Miracle Luna Zero) - Metallic Ver.

I would scream "LAAAAAMEEEEE!!!" if BANDAI didn't came up with an Earthtron in advance.
Well, these are still lame, though... and sooo predictable! :roll:
Size DOES matter!

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

Tempting Toys is a total write-off for me at this point. We can talk "people can do what they want with their money..." all day long, but there's been time after time when I've seen the guy pricing figures a full 50% higher than other dealers with identical product. I'm not talking exclusive stuff, I'm talking moderately uncommon Bandais and the like.
Let him continue to do whatever he wants in regards to pricing. It makes guys like me who sell look better by comparison. And no one is forcing anyone to pay his prices.
I don't buy the Raymundo or YMSF stuff. I might if the product was cheaper.
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Mecha-Streisand wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:I think a lot of what Tempting Toys does (especially where Y-MSF/Raymundo is concerned) is ridiculous bullshit.
Absolutely. I especially love how Tony desperately tries to pawn bootleg Memorial box Godzillas as the real deal. Not to mention he overprices everything to all hell.
Wut. That's seriously fucking ridiculous.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Mecha-Streisand wrote: Absolutely. I especially love how Tony desperately tries to pawn bootleg Memorial box Godzillas as the real deal. Not to mention he overprices everything to all hell.

How in the what is this call the popo

Does he seriously? That is downright nasty. Any proof?

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^The 64 is the only MB figure I've ever known of to have a bootleg. Are you guys saying he's got bootlegs of all the MB Goji's? If so, how come I've never run across any of the others?
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

So...he's not entirely sleazy...?

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Perhaps he truly didn't know that the '64's were bootlegs. Especially if the rest of his inventory is legit, I can see how that could happen and why he'd get very adamant about defending his integrity to a bunch of "internet people".

Human beings have failings, that doesn't mean they're demonic.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Eh. Semantics. Would "demonizing" be more apt?

Staff Accountability

Know The Score