Revoltech

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
borodan
Yojimbo

Revoltech

Post by borodan »

In addition to Baragon, Mogera, Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus, (not to mention Gamera, Gyaos, Daimajin, Giant Robo, GR2, and Booska) it looks like Revoltech has a maser tank toy coming out from their sci-fi line.
They're really pushing tokusatsu stuff as of late, and but their selection is so eclectic that it's hard to guess what'll be next (no Godzilla yet, for example). I like that they're doing a lot of robot and mecha characters; the joints looks sort of weird on the "living" ones.

Drunken Kong
Monsterland Worker

Re: Revoltech

Post by Drunken Kong »

I'm definitely getting that Mazer Tank when it comes out.

I want to get Baragon sometime soon too. Anyone have a preferred site to order from that offers these at a good price?

Gamera and Gyaos look cool but kinda weird because of the articulation. Gamera has more human-like arms. So I'm undecided on if I'll get those and Daimajin or not.
XBL: TripMasterMunky

borodan
Yojimbo

Post by borodan »

Hobby Link Japan has good deals if you're patient, i.e. willing to wait for a sale or free shipping special.
I've had a lot of good luck with ebay, also.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

Fairy Mothra, I love my Revoltech Baragon. The joints really aren't noticeable when he's posed on his hands and "knees" like in the movie.

I ordered mine from Clawmark and was quite happy with the service, for those wondering.
SAVE_US.GDZ

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

how do gyaos' wings work? are the skin parts made of a fabric? or are thery seperate parts?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Yuurei
Young Farmer

Post by Yuurei »

So far I have the Baragon and Giant Robo Revoltech figures. My fav is Giant Robo...I can't wait to get Mogera, Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus and the Mazer Tank!

EleKaiju
GPN Volunteer

Post by EleKaiju »

I want to get Anguirus and Alien really bad, but I'm saving up for Bandai's Ultra-Act figures, which are essentially the same but all from Ultraman.
"rofl rofl not to diss but that is varans cousin, totally looks like varan with some diffs but that is varans cousin. dang."

derp

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

I got my Baragon revoltech from here: http://www.angolz.com/store/

The joints are somewhat weird, but the sculpt and paint job are rather superb. The only nitpick I have is that I wish it was somewhat larger. Other than that, I'd say it's worth any kaiju fan's money.

Also on the subject of robots, revoltech is pretty stellar when it comes to making mechas and such in their Yamaguchi line. With the exception of there Evangelion toys. If you plan on purchasing a reaaalllly good evangelion figure, check Robot Damashii. Their a little bit more pricey, but worth it!
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

Mulder
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mulder »

Fairy Mothra wrote:I got my Baragon yesterday. one of his wrist joints is messed up though. like the part that lets the hand go backward and forward doesn't turn with the wrist. has anyone else had this problem? just a minor gripe, but still.

otherwise I think he's great. the size actually works for these figures, I think. I love the fact that he's pocket-sized and adorable but still highly detailed. and his accessories kick ass.
Hey fairy mothra does he go well with your other figures?

Mulder
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mulder »

Fairy Mothra wrote:
Mike55 v2 wrote:
Fairy Mothra wrote:I got my Baragon yesterday. one of his wrist joints is messed up though. like the part that lets the hand go backward and forward doesn't turn with the wrist. has anyone else had this problem? just a minor gripe, but still.

otherwise I think he's great. the size actually works for these figures, I think. I love the fact that he's pocket-sized and adorable but still highly detailed. and his accessories kick ass.
Hey fairy mothra does he go well with your other figures?
if you're talking about scale wise, not really. he's about 3/4 the size of a Bandai 6" figure. although I don't really know how big Baragon's supposed to be in relation to other kaiju.
OH GOD A SIZE ACURATTE BARAGON! *Dies but comes back to life* That is how tall baragon should be. :D

G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

Post by G1 Startruck Jonez »

I need a Mazer Tank in my life. Really, I do. That thing looks nutz!
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

Yes, I had that problem as well. You either have mess around with the wrist joint or just take it out of the arm entirely and position it as you desire. Revoltechs sometimes have that problem, or the opposite problem where the joints are too lose. But that can be solved with some glue.

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

Drunken Kong wrote:I'm definitely getting that Mazer Tank when it comes out.

I want to get Baragon sometime soon too. Anyone have a preferred site to order from that offers these at a good price?

Gamera and Gyaos look cool but kinda weird because of the articulation. Gamera has more human-like arms. So I'm undecided on if I'll get those and Daimajin or not.
You can purchase these Revoltech toys at Hobby Search Japan. Their cheapier than Hobby Link Japan. Shipping also. That's where I get all my Godzilla collectibles.

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

Legion1979 wrote:I've heard that (for some odd licensing reason maybe) there aren't going to be Revoltech figures of Godzilla, Mechagodzilla or King Ghidora. Not sure if that's true or not, or how valid the source is, but that's just what I've heard.
Thats too bad. Any chance that they will do a Gabara or Varan? As for the Rodan & Aguirus, any release dates yet?

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

I can't decide between the Gamera, Gyoas, and Baragon. Which one's the best?
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

jozillaguy
Ronin

Post by jozillaguy »

By far the Baragon one is best. Then the Gamera.

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Revoltech makes awesome Evangelion figures. I can't wait buy these soon.
Do as you like, but I'd recommend going with Robot Damashii.
Watch this, it's a review of the Revoltech Eva 01 from the Rebuild movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuQ-K60pt4

Now here's a review of the Robot Damashii version of Eva 01: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRI5Y4A7QpA

Again, do as you please, but I'd recommend going for the latter.

Drunken Kong
Monsterland Worker

Post by Drunken Kong »

Alright I just ordered the Baragon, Gamera & Gyaos figures.

I'll probably place an order soon too for Daimajin & a 1/350 scale Gotengo model while I'm at it.

My money stash is gonna be hurting for a bit.
XBL: TripMasterMunky

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Anyone mind doing me a favor sometime and getting a Revoltech figure with a comparison to a Bandai/Bandai USA 6" figure? Want to know their exact sizes so I don't repeat my Trendmasters mistake.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mulder
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mulder »

JVM wrote:Anyone mind doing me a favor sometime and getting a Revoltech figure with a comparison to a Bandai/Bandai USA 6" figure? Want to know their exact sizes so I don't repeat my Trendmasters mistake.
I've seen reviews of baragon and he is half the size of a 6 incher. ;) Here is the review there is some cursing in it though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Goji73#p/u/50/1DW6DsiHUsw