Revoltech

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Revoltech

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Okay, Winter WonderFest is going on, and we STILL have no pics of Kaiyodo's RevolTech G3??? :roll:

Added in 18 hours 40 minutes 8 seconds:
STILL no news on Revoltech's G3 Gamera??? WTF?
That sucks......How long has it been since the protptype?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

goji89 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Okay, Winter WonderFest is going on, and we STILL have no pics of Kaiyodo's RevolTech G3??? :roll:

I don't recall ever SEEING a prototype. Just Kaiyodo's announcement, many MONTHS ago... :roll:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
goji89 wrote:

I don't recall ever SEEING a prototype. Just Kaiyodo's announcement, many MONTHS ago... :roll:
Oh yeah.....I thought about that one unpainted one that wasn't a revoltech........roll your eyes at me again I double dare you.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I think he was rolling his eyes at kaiyodo and the lack of news...?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

canofhumdingers wrote:I think he was rolling his eyes at kaiyodo and the lack of news...?
He was obviously kidding...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I finally ordered the Legion figure!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Anguirus wrote:I finally ordered the Legion figure!
As someone who ordered the FIRST release, I'm a bit irked that they improved on the paint scheme for the re-release... :mad:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I received my Legion figure, and I love her! Sadly I have already lost one of the tiny Legions.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'm waiting to get wolverine and magneto and captain america.....ESPECIALLY that Magneto.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:
As someone who ordered the FIRST release, I'm a bit irked that they improved on the paint scheme for the re-release... :mad:
What do you expect? For it to be worse? What company does that sort of thing...?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

MM Raids Again wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
What do you expect? For it to be worse? What company does that sort of thing...?
Tamashii? :P.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Last post was mid-September. Now, it is approaching mid-October. STILL no news on the #!@*?%+! G3 Gamera... :mad:

This one's for YOU, Kaiyodo( imagine a really BIG middle finger )...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote: This one's for YOU, Kaiyodo( imagine a really BIG middle finger )...
Oh Myyy!!! :oops:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Last post was mid-September. Now, it is approaching mid-October. STILL no news on the #!@*?%+! G3 Gamera... :mad:

This one's for YOU, Kaiyodo( imagine a really BIG middle finger )...
Manda I just wouldn't count on little Gamera 3 Revoltechs at this point. I just consider it cancelled like the film.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I wish they would do more monster hunter creatures for the new game
your source of self destruction

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

I recently bought their '96 Gamera for $81 on Amazon. It's...quite smaller than I thought it would be. This is my first Revoltech, so I don't have much experience with the line. Are all of their kaiju figures this small or was Gamera made that way on purpose so it would scale well with their Legion? I bought this instead of the SHMA Gamera because I wanted my Gamera to be a bit smaller than my Godzillas (I got my wish, alright xD). Also, are you supposed to clip the joint balls? I looked on the bottom of the box and saw what looks like instructions involving them, but since I can't read Japanese I don't know what they're for. I haven't done anything to the figure out of fear of ruining it.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Grimlock#1 wrote:I recently bought their '96 Gamera for $81 on Amazon. It's...quite smaller than I thought it would be. This is my first Revoltech, so I don't have much experience with the line. Are all of their kaiju figures this small or was Gamera made that way on purpose so it would scale well with their Legion? I bought this instead of the SHMA Gamera because I wanted my Gamera to be a bit smaller than my Godzillas (I got my wish, alright xD). Also, are you supposed to clip the joint balls? I looked on the bottom of the box and saw what looks like instructions involving them, but since I can't read Japanese I don't know what they're for. I haven't done anything to the figure out of fear of ruining it.
All the kaiju Revoltechs are small, which means they scale great with the SHMA G64. And the SHMA Gamera actually scales decently with the SHMA Godzillas, so honestly you should have gotten that one. Even more so at the price you paid for the Revoltech. And I don't quite know what you mean by clip the joint balls, you mean cutting the pegs off? Cause, no don't do that.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Grimlock#1 wrote:I recently bought their '96 Gamera for $81 on Amazon. It's...quite smaller than I thought it would be. This is my first Revoltech, so I don't have much experience with the line. Are all of their kaiju figures this small or was Gamera made that way on purpose so it would scale well with their Legion?
I think most of the Revoltech kaiju are roughly in the 5" range, but Gamera 96 (and 95) is even smaller. I don't really know why, since he still isn't quite small enough to scale properly with Legion - unless you have the Bandai version.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

That's why Kaiyodo also made a smaller Gamera 96 statue alongside the regular figure, a statue that scales properly with Legion. It's a weird way to go about things, but understandable considering that a bigger Legion would have been too far above Revoltech's price-range.

I gotta say, I'm really disappointed in the direction super-articulated kaiju figures have taken over the last seven years...SHMA's unrelenting Heisei fetish and severe drop in quality control, Revoltech unable to make Toho kaiju at all because of Bandai's bullshit, NECA unable to produce different monsters and dropping the ball on its Godzillas half the time. It's all just a heap of untapped potential, unless you're a Heisei enthusiast, in which case good on you because you're fucking set...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Hey I am trying to make this stop motion project and the joint in my Revoltech Baragon’s neck is way too loose and it’s causing problems. Does anyone here know how I can fix loose Revoltech joints? Like the thing can’t even hold a pose anymore
Last edited by BARAGONZILLA on Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the beginning of the end.