Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by SpaceG92 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:01 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 pm Wasn't that Behemoth a convincing bullshit?
Wut? What are you trying to say...?
Saying that nothing else from that small line came to be (as of now) and that it was a convincing fake.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:01 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 pm Wasn't that Behemoth a convincing bullshit?
Wut? What are you trying to say...?
Saying that nothing else from that small line came to be (as of now) and that it was a convincing fake.
I don't think it was a fake lol the line just isn't out properly yet

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:48 pm I don't think it was a fake lol the line just isn't out properly yet
The line is out - all the ones solicited last year are out or have been out. These small scale figures came out of the blue and could be out for a later release - but what was the image source for this anyway? Not hard to slap together a fake blister pack.

I'm not too hyped for a fucking behemoth figure, literately on bottom of the list for me but we'll see if it turns out to actually be something or not.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

SpaceG92 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:28 pm
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:48 pm I don't think it was a fake lol the line just isn't out properly yet
The line is out - all the ones solicited last year are out or have been out. These small scale figures came out of the blue and could be out for a later release - but what was the image source for this anyway? Not hard to slap together a fake blister pack.

I'm not too hyped for a skreeonking behemoth figure, literately on bottom of the list for me but we'll see if it turns out to actually be something or not.
Hmm, that's odd, but I can pretty much assure you it's no fake. The first we even saw of these figures was someone selling the whole line on Ebay, and they had got them from a factory apparently- and it included Behemoth.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:26 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:59 pm 1 of my 6 area stores finally got them in.. and they said.. 1 person came in and bought the whole display. Smh. Ugh.
What? No skreeonking way?

An entire display bought by one man? That's freaking nuts.
Yep.. the Walmart employee said he came in with 3 carts, loaded up everything and left for the check out. I was there 1 hours later. Thats how close I was but the rest of my stores haven't even got the display up. 😕

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Scalping practices should be not allowed in stores. Seriously. I know muh capitalism - and "better sell stock then have it warm up", I get it, I work retail I know how it works. Guarantee Profit > Seriously though, fuck of with that shit.

oh, yeah about that! So while I was looking around the display for whatever was left. My zoning instincts kicked in and I decided to actually face the entire display. I was mostly pissed everything was "strategically hidden behind dividers". Ended up moving everything up to the top and I got asked if I worked here. "Nah, m8, just some anxiety kicking in from seeing a messy Godzilla display." They asked if I found a MG. Showed him the MG row and told him to cherry pick the best one there. Did my good deed for the day I guess.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

You guys think we are getting a mega mecha g at some point or what?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The 2" mini figures are indeed real, and it appears that they are being sold in Asian countries right now. I heard somebody say they were not being released in the US, but then somebody here a few pages back said they are, so I don't know what the deal is. But they are 100% official, and I'm hoping to hear more soon.

the-killer-wc wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:56 pm You guys think we are getting a mega mecha g at some point or what?
The original leaks had two giant Mechagodzillas on display. I assume one was the Mega, as it would be pretty dumb not to release an electronic Mechagodzilla. The Mega figures look phenomenal as well, so I'm eagerly anticipating MG's reveal!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:37 pm The 2" mini figures are indeed real, and it appears that they are being sold in Asian countries right now. I heard somebody say they were not being released in the US, but then somebody here a few pages back said they are, so I don't know what the deal is. But they are 100% official, and I'm hoping to hear more soon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew96f4HXMAYQYr6.jpg
God that's stupid if they were foreign territories only. I get it, China bankrolling Legendary now, but don't start this crap lol.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Idk about you guys but I'd love a standard sized Hellhawk figure even if it wouldn't be to scale. Even if it was, like, two half-sized ones in a pack.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:37 pm
the-killer-wc wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:56 pm You guys think we are getting a mega mecha g at some point or what?
The original leaks had two giant Mechagodzillas on display. I assume one was the Mega, as it would be pretty dumb not to release an electronic Mechagodzilla. The Mega figures look phenomenal as well, so I'm eagerly anticipating MG's reveal!

Oh true, looking at it the upper figures look like the giant 11 inch line. And the lower one is the mega 13 inch line. They might be waiting to middle of the month for the reveal. I'm definitely getting the mega mecha godzilla when it releases.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Do we have a Walmart SKU for Battle Roar Godzilla yet?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

So uhm, I guess Jet Jaguar didn't come out at the "end of February" like we were told?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Behemoth might have been a Titan in the original opening and he got cut with the reshoots.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:45 am Seeing as how the movie is now released, I wonder when Playmates are going to reveal the rest of the GVK toyline. If memory serves me well, then the rest consist of:

Mega Mechagodzilla
Godzilla X-Treme with Fighter Jet
Arctic Kong (?)
Battle Roar Mechagodzilla (?)
Mechagodzilla with Proton Scream
That Godzilla with the yellow "flames" (unless cancelled)

And I believe that Mega Armoured Godzilla was probably cancelled, which means that others may have been cancelled at some point too?
Good list. There was also an "Alt Skullcrawler" at some point as well, but that could've been nothing; there were a few fake listings. And there's of course the minis, though those are technically out in some places. Never heard of the Battle Roar MG, but I don't doubt its a possibility.

I saw the Godzilla with yellow you mentioned and I think I know what it is - the yellow is a sticker. In the same pics, the Mega Godzilla has a big yellow "try me" arrow sticker. The final "Battle Roar" figures have red stickers, and I can't tell if Godzilla's head is sticking up or not in the leaks, but these were prototypes on display, so naturally the final products may vary. But I'm fairly positive that was a Battle Roar Godzilla prototype, or some sort of Godzilla with a "try me" sticker.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Yeah as I said before, the photo is quite low in quality and may lead to some misinterpretations. The alt. Skullcrawler speculation may have been a result of the leaked prototypes, seeing as how the Skullcrawler prototype leaked a red colouration. I wouldn't mind that variation though.

As for the "Battle Roar Mechagodzilla, I merely assumed because each of the "big three" of the movie (Godzilla, Kong, and Mechagodzilla) all have figures in each assortment except for the mini figures of course.

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Moth wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 pm So uhm, I guess Jet Jaguar didn't come out at the "end of February" like we were told?
Yeah no news on him for awhile now :(

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

It would certainly be nice if Playmates was more communicative in some way. We never seem to know what's going on until things are already on shelves. ;)
WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am Yeah as I said before, the photo is quite low in quality and may lead to some misinterpretations. The alt. Skullcrawler speculation may have been a result of the leaked prototypes, seeing as how the Skullcrawler prototype leaked a red colouration. I wouldn't mind that variation though.

As for the "Battle Roar Mechagodzilla, I merely assumed because each of the "big three" of the movie (Godzilla, Kong, and Mechagodzilla) all have figures in each assortment except for the mini figures of course.
The Skullcrawler variant came from a UPC, actually. Then again, there was also a "GVK Ghidorah" and "GVK Rodan" listed, I think, and those ended up being nothing. I have no idea how those UPC things work.

I like to think that, if the mini figures do get a wider release, they might add some more to the line later on. It's certainly strange that Mechagodzilla isn't in that line.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Ya know... After seeing the film. The standard sullcrawler seems to actually be in scale with the big figures. Also, apparently all the toys in my area are completely gone. Went to get my nephew a Kong, and it's empty.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

My Walmart still has a ton of these.... well not a ton but since my theater opened up and screened the movie I have seen alot of these figures. The skull crawler, MG, HK goji and kong, and warbat.

I should buy them and scalp them I mean at least I'll get something out of it.