Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by Poe Ghostal »

The interesting thing is based on the film, I can't even think of a context for that red armor.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Perhaps in the original movie Godzilla got hurt so bad he started dying after powering up Kong's axe and then kong did a cast or something with mecha godzilla's body to heal up Godzilla to full recovery?

Can I just say again how much I appreciate the playmates? As in just got the MEGA toys because they looked awesome, and man they are very cool toys. Im thinking of doing a custom on the mega godzilla with a broken neca tail, maybe i can widen the hole and fit it in to make it have an articulated longer tail. But yeah for the price these are awesome.

Edit:

I did it xD

And im thinking of actually doing it, is not solid inside of it. I took the tail of my broken neca godzilla (it was just sitting in the closet while the good one is up and front), cut a good bit of it to make it similar to the tail joint on the playmate and tada. I know i know, g21 has round tip at the tail, but that is easy to customize, I'll add some flex glue to keep it truly in place, then re paint the whole tail to match.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

I did it! I finally scored closed-mouth Kong, Hong Kong-Godzilla & Kong and MechaGodzilla! I’m not exactly sure how long the end cap display was there but it couldn’t have been more than a day or two — it was almost completely wiped and the 6” MG figure I swooped on was literally thee last one there.

No ‘mega’ figures to be found.

Now I’m looking at all these figures and thinking they could use a custom paint...

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

the-killer-wc wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:58 am -snippety snap snop-
That tail actually looks pretty decent on the figure. The tail on that Mega Godzilla looked pretty short and odd, so nice work putting a longer one on. :D

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 pm
That tail actually looks pretty decent on the figure. The tail on that Mega Godzilla looked pretty short and odd, so nice work putting a longer one on. :D
Thanks, I removed the last segment and put some green stuff in the tip, also sculpted the inside of the hole a hole bit wider sanded the sculpt a bit more so that it was rounder and sat better in the tail joint, though I'll definitelly will need to glue it for it to stay on. But with this tail it really feels like a more complete figure you know?

I think I will get a wide brush and practice for a while some dry brushing before going at it, had some experience before so I might do an ok job. Thinking of painting around the dorsal plates with a matching blue and a bit of white to add glow to his back, maybe around the eyes too a tat bit. I don't want to go crazy on it, just trying to make the blue in the plates fit better.

Edit: after some more cutting and a hair drier i actually manage to get it to hold tight onto the tail, might not need that glue after all.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 pm Why does Godzilla get armor but not Kong :(
He should get like blue armor or something. Or a big shield and helmet!
The only sensible option -

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Last picture, promise. So as I said I manage to make the hole in a way that holds to the peg like it regularly would. Then I painted the spines solid and then over with a wide brush doing some dry brushing, I think I did good, woke up this morning and for moment it looked like a giant neca to me xD

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Ooh, it looks really nice like that! Great work on all of it. ^-^b

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 pm
Bibidi babidi boop
The way you snipped that post is too cute
I think I'm gonna puke

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

the-killer-wc wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:22 am Last picture, promise. So as I said I manage to make the hole in a way that holds to the peg like it regularly would. Then I painted the spines solid and then over with a wide brush doing some dry brushing, I think I did good, woke up this morning and for moment it looked like a giant neca to me xD
As a proud owner of the awesome 24" HTT NECA, it hurts just reading about one having a severed tail. But you did a nice job marrying it to that Playmates figure!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:04 pm I think I'm gonna puke
Do it on my NECA Godzillas so I can get the rare Goji89 Bile Variants

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

G1985 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:16 pm
the-killer-wc wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:22 am Last picture, promise. So as I said I manage to make the hole in a way that holds to the peg like it regularly would. Then I painted the spines solid and then over with a wide brush doing some dry brushing, I think I did good, woke up this morning and for moment it looked like a giant neca to me xD
As a proud owner of the awesome 24" HTT NECA, it hurts just reading about one having a severed tail. But you did a nice job marrying it to that Playmates figure!
Oh it actually broke in the joint, took a dive of a tall shelf by accident and that tail peg snapped. So at the time I got another one since the roar box wasn't working either, and this guy sitting on the closet forever thinking if to customize it with the spines of the new one, fuse the tail with glue maybe? But hey now I gave it an use and I still got the one that actually makes sound. So now i got two godzillas on similar size with sound effects.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:17 pm
:shock:

Oh that's kinky.
The things I'll do for you guy's, alright let'sdo this.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Oh that's kinky.
Open wide :JetJaguar:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Oh that's kinky.
Open wide :JetJaguar:
I'm trying man, I'm trying.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:09 pm I'm trying man, I'm trying.
Maybe this will help.
Spoiler:

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Maybe this will help.
Spoiler:
I dont know how, but is like every time I look at it, that figure gets uglier than the last time. Is magical.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

My 24” NECA G’s sound gave out just this year. Really bummed me out. I even tried to fix it but just made it worse really.

That said, the figure of course is still awesome.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:14 pm
Maybe this will help.
Spoiler:
Holy shiiit :lol: :lol:

That was good, I spit up my cheerios.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 pm My 24” NECA G’s sound gave out just this year. Really bummed me out. I even tried to fix it but just made it worse really.

That said, the figure of course is still awesome.
Did you try to install a new sound box? Is one of the plans I had for the broken neca goji. Like I disarmed the thing and everything, looked up the parts I would need, was about 50-60 bucks so I passed on it at the time. Plan was to add the movie roar, long roar, the godzilla theme song, maybe the hanna barbera intro...