NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:So, evidently NECA has lost the licence to Friday the 13th? They'll release the figures already announced/in production, but this means no Pt. 7 or any of the others untouched so far. Extremely disappointed.
Seriously??? Oh no, I was waiting and waiting since they announced the ultimate line way back, hoping they'd release the zombie Jasons since the other ones I felt little nostalgia for.

I guess at least we still got Remake Jason and FvJ Jason? Still like you said, extremely disappointing and disheartening.
Yeah, as far as I can tell we're still getting Roy (Pt. 5 Jason), and Freddy vs. Jason. Remake was already released, so he's good. I'm curious about the Pamela Voorhees from Pt. 3, but I'd assume since she's in production she counts too?

But this means no Pt 8, 7, Hell, X, Uber, or any variants that could go with that.

Added in 32 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:So, evidently NECA has lost the licence to Friday the 13th? They'll release the figures already announced/in production, but this means no Pt. 7 or any of the others untouched so far. Extremely disappointed.
Ah, christ. I was holding out hope for a Pt. 7 Jason. This sucks.
Yeah I've been waiting for a Pt. 7 Jason with the weed-wacker since the Ultimate Jason figures started dropping. Extremely disappointed.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Do you have a source by any chance?
Last edited by Noble Saber on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm wondering who the hell could've grabbed the license instead? McFarlane?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'm wondering who the hell could've grabbed the license instead? McFarlane?
I don't think anyone. From what I read, it's because of the never ending lawsuit with Cunningham and Miller.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3569 ... st-victim/
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Oh, what the fuck. I guess we should also pounce on any Blu-Rays or DVDs that are out there as well because they're likely going to be swallowed up in this rights war as well.

What a joke.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:Oh, what the fuck. I guess we should also pounce on any Blu-Rays or DVDs that are out there as well because they're likely going to be swallowed up in this rights war as well.

What a joke.
Yeah, I would think any merchandise Friday the 13th related should be picked up at this point. Originally they claimed the lawsuit wouldn't be changing NECA's plans, but, here we are. And I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. I believe the blu ray set for the original 8 is still relatively cheap, could be mistaken.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maaaan, I'm not even much of a Friday fan when it comes to the films themselves but I guess now I'm gonna have to pick up that BR set. This sucks.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Ah, that sucks. I got the F13( 2009 )Jason already, and Roy Burns & FvJ Jason are pre-ordered. But that really stinks that there will be no more movies or merch until this courtroom baloney gets settled. And we've all just discovered what CAN stop Jason Voorhees - legal red tape... -_-
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Maritonic wrote: Yeah, I would think any merchandise Friday the 13th related should be picked up at this point. Originally they claimed the lawsuit wouldn't be changing NECA's plans, but, here we are. And I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. I believe the blu ray set for the original 8 is still relatively cheap, could be mistaken.
If you have an FYE close to you they still have the blu ray set and the exclusive DVD lunchbox. I picked it up about three months ago, but is still see it in the stores.

Also if you didn’t know Kotobukiya did an awesome pt.3 Jason. I picked it up back at Christmas.

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Voorh ... jas&sr=8-4
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Randy has announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 figures for 2020! This makes me so happy! Fingers crossed for Tokka, Razar, and Super Shredder!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

2003 Shredder when NECA?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

The license to Friday the 13th and NOES wasn’t lost, it’s on hold until the legal crap blows over. Still sucks but if they don’t decide to let go of the licenses if it takes too long, then once it’s over they should be good to go.
:terrestris:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NOES is on hold too? I thought it was just F13.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Havoks wrote:The license to Friday the 13th and NOES wasn’t lost, it’s on hold until the legal crap blows over. Still sucks but if they don’t decide to let go of the licenses if it takes too long, then once it’s over they should be good to go.
Yeah, but the problem with that is, who knows how much longer this will be going on and what the outcome of the legal crap will be in regards to merchandise? Also, I haven't heard anything about Nightmare being altered.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

UltramanGoji wrote:NOES is on hold too? I thought it was just F13.
Yeah it is both, unfortunately :(
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Fermix wrote:
Source for this? Not disputing, merely curious. I haven't read anything about this.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
Fermix wrote:
Source for this? Not disputing, merely curious. I haven't read anything about this.
A day or 2 ago, Randy tweeted out "No new NOES or F13 due to licensing issues"
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Fermix wrote:
Thanks, I hate it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Thanks, I hate it.
Yeah, it's definitely a terrible situation.

They may replace those 2 with Hellraiser and Halloween, since they've regained those 2 licenses as of recent.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983