NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
xolta
GPN Volunteer

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by xolta »

Poe Ghostal wrote:I had the Kenner Scorpion and Gorilla Aliens as a kid. I can't wait for the NECA Scorpion. That said, their Gorilla Alien was a bit of a disappointment - he really needed shorter legs.

I scored a Leo/Shredder set from Target yesterday. Probably the only one I'll get from the cartoon line (unless they do a cartoon Slash).

How are the Leo and Shredder toys? Also wasn't aware of them begging out yet, guess that means next time i'm at target will have to look for them.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Ultimate 2009 Re-Boot Jason Voorhees shipping now. Mine is on it's way from BBTS...

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Ultimate 2009 Re-Boot Jason Voorhees shipping now. Mine is on it's way from BBTS...
I'm not even a big fan of F13 but their Jason figures are so awesome. I've got 3 and dream 5 but I'd love to get the reboot Jason as well. I REALLY want to get the AVP Arcade Lin and Dutch 2 pack but any spare money I have is probably gonna go towards Godzilla stuff.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Speaking of AVP, y'all seen that Armored Assassin Predator from "The Predator" movie? I'm not a big collector of Predator stuff, but that big boi is so badazz, that I had to pre-order one...

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Speaking of AVP, y'all seen that Armored Assassin Predator from "The Predator" movie? I'm not a big collector of Predator stuff, but that big boi is so badazz, that I had to pre-order one...
It's an awesome toy but I HATE that movie so much. I wouldn't mind getting it but its at the bottom of recent figures I'd like to get.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I just picked up/love the new NECA 2009 Jason. The horror figures are clearly NECAs cup of tea.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Awesome pics. Ol' Hockeymask looks just as creepy in broad daylight as in the dark...

Speaking of slashers, we're finally getting the impostor Jason from F13 Part V, Roy Burns, with his blue-highlighted hockey mask. There was a "dream sequence" Jason released by NECA, from the movie, but I passed on it, as it was just a dream image, and not the actual dude doing the killing in thefifth installment. Granted, it wasn't actually Jason, but Roy did a pretty good job of offing people. Good enough that he deserves his own figure in this line.
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue May 28, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Awesome pics. Ol' Hockeymask looks just as creepy in broad daylight as in the dark...

Speaking of slashers, we're finally getting the impostor Jason from F13 Part V, Roy Burns, with his blue-highlighted hockey mask. There was a "dream sequence" Jason released by NECA, from the movie, but I passed on it, as it was just a dream image, and not the actual dude doing the killing in thefifth installment. Granted, it wasn't actually Jason, but Roy did a pretty good job of offing people. Good enough that he deserves his own figure in this line.
The dream Jason is a pretty cool figure. I wanted to have a nice generic or vanilla zombie Jason and he fits that bill perfectly he even has a head that looks non zombified. I also like that I don't have to worry about the mask straps breaking as the masks are molded to the heads. I also love the concept art or poster mask. It feels like redesign of Jason in the manner of New Nightmare Freddy.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Got a ton of new NECA stuff I'm ready to unpack! Here's a pic I took of one of my new favorite figures from them...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I just picked up a holy grail of minea few days ago. The Neca street scene dio. I highly reccomend this beaut. At $104 bucks at Entertainment Earth you can't beat it. This thing is huge but the display ability for figures is great. Downside is that its huge and space for any collector is premium. Luckily I had the room for it. Guy's its a cool piece that makes figures pop. Wish I could buy one more to make a city scene.

5 stars!!!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NECA showed off a 7" scale Movie Shredder at an event today, I have a mighty need, especially if it comes with the cape. I cancelled my pre-order on Raphael when they hit Gamestop (which I'm kind of regretting now) but this one is definitely being bought for the villain shelf.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/11 ... 3444118528

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It’s been known about for a while. He’s part of a SDCC exclusive four pack this year. Right now it’s the only way to get him but, if it’s like the turtles, the figures will likely be available individually later on.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/05/23/tmnt ... eca-346427

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ah, I didn't know it was already revealed. I don't follow NECA news much, this just happened to pop up on my Twitter feed.

Hope they get individual releases! I'd like to pick up Shredder and a Foot Soldier too.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Hopefully they get released individually. Im torn on whether they should release it in Gamestop or Target. If it is GS I can get it locly if its Target Ill have to drive an hour all the way there.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Picked up the Friday the 13th Accessory set. Would be awesome except one of the hooks to hold the sign is a different kind of plastic than the *other* hook, and is one molded piece instead of forming a hooked shape. Meaning the metal chainlink can't hook on. Hopefully BBTS will help with an exchange. NECA's really been wearing me out with their QC lately.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I hope they get around to Tokka, Razar, and Super Shredder some day. I'd buy the hell out of that trio.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So, evidently NECA has lost the licence to Friday the 13th? They'll release the figures already announced/in production, but this means no Pt. 7 or any of the others untouched so far. Extremely disappointed.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:So, evidently NECA has lost the licence to Friday the 13th? They'll release the figures already announced/in production, but this means no Pt. 7 or any of the others untouched so far. Extremely disappointed.
Seriously??? Oh no, I was waiting and waiting since they announced the ultimate line way back, hoping they'd release the zombie Jasons since the other ones I felt little nostalgia for.

I guess at least we still got Remake Jason and FvJ Jason? Still like you said, extremely disappointing and disheartening.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:So, evidently NECA has lost the licence to Friday the 13th? They'll release the figures already announced/in production, but this means no Pt. 7 or any of the others untouched so far. Extremely disappointed.
Ah, christ. I was holding out hope for a Pt. 7 Jason. This sucks.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »