The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by Chris55 »

Hey guys, I've been hearing that there are different versions of the sets out there (single pack KG figures etc) that are different than what I reviewed. If you could, post the different versions of the line in this thread so I can check them out? I was going to turn in my interview questions today but after hearing about this, I hope to get some answers.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Chris55 wrote:Hey guys, I've been hearing that there are different versions of the sets out there (single pack KG figures etc) that are different than what I reviewed. If you could, post the different versions of the line in this thread so I can check them out? I was going to turn in my interview questions today but after hearing about this, I hope to get some answers.
In your questions, did you happen to ask why there are no 12 inch versions of the other monsters?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Hey guys, I've been hearing that there are different versions of the sets out there (single pack KG figures etc) that are different than what I reviewed. If you could, post the different versions of the line in this thread so I can check them out? I was going to turn in my interview questions today but after hearing about this, I hope to get some answers.
In your questions, did you happen to ask why there are no 12 inch versions of the other monsters?
Yeah for sure. I don't know if you saw that live stream I did with O'Shea Jackson Jr. back in Feb but we brought it up. I like this line, it just needs more you know?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

UltramanGoji wrote:Those are not from Walmart. They're from 3rd party sellers and also grossly overpriced.
Oh that explains the price.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Does anyone have both the 12" tall / 20" long Jakks Pacific Godzilla 2019 and the big Bandai Creations Kiryu figure? How do they scale against each other?

I have the Jakks already and thought it might be nice to get Kiryu if I can find it for cheap enough, but didn't know if they would size up well enough. I mean, my son is the one who would be getting the most out of having Kiryu, too, and he probably wouldn't care, but still.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

It's weird how only certain Walmart are carrying the movie Godzilla figures. The two nearest stores don't have any. But the store by my dad's house, as well as the 3rd closest store to me have been well stocked for a few weeks.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Might want to keep checking those Walmarts that did not get the Jakks KOTM stuff on 4/1. My nearest one did not get the initial stock, but today I noticed they have now received the 6" Rodan and King Ghidorah figures.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Supposedly Walmarts around the U.S. restocked on King of the Monsters figures on the 20th. I checked yesterday and sure enough there was a display with plenty of all of them, and I picked up everything except the 20 inch Godzilla.
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Yesterday, whilst at my Walmart, saw a guy with his kid and they had the 20 inch Godzilla in the kart. Made me feel proud to see the start of a new generation.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

plot twist, that Godzilla was for Dad and not the Kid.

lol

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

My kids are 3 and 5 and they have a number of Godzilla figures (including some of the new Jakks stuff). They love setting up massive battles with all their little green army men and tanks and jets and stuff in the playroom. They were having a battle this morning before breakfast in fact. The new Jakks 12 inch Godzilla and 6 inch Ghidorah were the Star players, supported by my old 14" Imperial Godzilla, Bandai Creations 12" Kiryu, and the giant Lennard Kong.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

So my Wal-Mart has the Godzilla figures listed in stock and even shows the location that they are supposed to be, but the figures are not there.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

ゴジマン wrote:So my Wal-Mart has the Godzilla figures listed in stock and even shows the location that they are supposed to be, but the figures are not there.
Probably some lazy employee hasn’t put them out.
GO GO GOJI KUN

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

3 Weeks ago i got the Godzilla vs Rodan Kings Collide Set. I love it, I especially love the glowing eyes Godzilla.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Smyths in the UK now has the two packs (godzilla and a rival). I picked up Ghidorah and the Godzilla/Mothra set, and, like a pure genius, took part of Mothra's wing deco off with scissors while trying to cut the plastic tie things off.

Ghidorah's tails.....I'm sure they're in the right way. The slot hole things are specific sized to match the pegs on the tails.
One is too big for the other hole, so there's only one way you can plug them in.
But is it just me, or do the tails, specifically the spiked parts, look as if they're sculpted weirdly? The inner side has the better, more prominent side. Wouldn't it be better if the nastier-looking spikes were facing outwards?
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Finally got the 12" Godzilla today. A very nice figure for the price. My GF picked the nicest one out of 3 she said. One with missing paint on the front teeth, the other with paint missing on the dorsals and mine with no flaws besides a box crease. That and the 6" Rodan which I got a couple of weeks ago were the only 2 from Jakks I was really looking for.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Most girlfriends would just randomly grab one. She's a keeper.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:the other with paint missing on the dorsals
I might just be blind but I thought they were solid grey?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:the other with paint missing on the dorsals
I might just be blind but I thought they were solid grey?
Might be just painted solid with possibly a paint rub or even factory drip she saw.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

You know, looking at other pictures of the certain spoileriffic Godzilla figure that comes with Mothra, the paint on mine's spines are wayy less bright and a lot darker (less painted areas and thinner paint) than one's i've seen online.
I can't take a photo right now but maybe it's just a bad one. Either way, I think it looks better with less bright paint lol.