The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by cmdmstudios »

My Walmart didn't have them out yet, but then again, they're all focused on the annual inventory inspection. They'll probably show up once everything passes later this week.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

I went to two different Walmarts yesterday to try and find these. I had almost given up hope in the second (although I had found the Bandai Rainbow Mothra finally) when I saw the display, which was on a rear endcap in the bicycle section. So you really would have known to look for it to even accidentally stumble upon it.

I got a fair amount of strange looks, understandably, since I did not grab a cart or basket lest I jinx myself and was thus forced to do some very goofy juggling to get all the items I wanted to the registers.

I opened all but the 6-inch Rodan and King Ghidorah, since I am trying to put those aside for my son's birthday. I agree with everyone else, though, Jakks did an amazing job and I love them all. I even love the battlepack Mothra.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

RandomDeinonychus wrote: I got a fair amount of strange looks, understandably, since I did not grab a cart or basket lest I jinx myself and was thus forced to do some very goofy juggling to get all the items I wanted to the registers.
I did absolutely the same thing, right down to the weird looks! lol! It was my final stop on my trip as well on Saturday. Every Walmart is treating these differently, and it all comes down to each individual manager's adherence and care of Street Dates. Some do, many don't.

My final review of these is the 12" Godzilla, a nice piece overall:

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Wow, that 12 inch Godzilla is pretty big. Maybe I should grab one for myself.

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

Nice reivew dude. The Jakk's toys look good fun for kids, might get my cousins kids one for there birthday.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've been a naysayer of Jakks Pacific for the longest since it seemed mostly aimed for kids, (which it is and I completely get the appeal). But walking into Walmart and seeing all these Godzilla figures warmed me up inside since it reminded me of how as a kid I would've went crazy seeing stuff like this in a Walmart. So of course I splurged and bought most of them. Though I couldn't find the spoiler set...
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

xolta wrote:Nice reivew dude. The Jakk's toys look good fun for kids, might get my cousins kids one for there birthday.
Thanks! Yeah, my kid loves them! For me personally, I think the big Rodan is collector quality. Nice details and apps. Also, tying it together seeing that display made me feel like a kid. So awesome.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Can someone post a pic of the mini figure Mother, Goji, and Rodan with the big Ghidorah?
GO GO GOJI KUN

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nobody wants to see pics of your mother!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GoWhaleTours wrote:Can someone post a pic of the mini figure Mother, Goji, and Rodan with the big Ghidorah?

I don't have the Mothra set yet but I do have 3 outta 4 of the ones you mentioned, the scale is great imo.

Although I tried to do the glue trick to the wings since they were extremely loose, needless to say the ball joints glued into the sockets, so the whole left wing is now stuck in place...
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:Can someone post a pic of the mini figure Mother, Goji, and Rodan with the big Ghidorah?

I don't have the Mothra set yet but I do have 3 outta 4 of the ones you mentioned, the scale is great imo.

Although I tried to do the glue trick to the wings since they were extremely loose, needless to say the ball joints glued into the sockets, so the whole left wing is now stuck in place...
Thank you! Great scale. I'll skip the Ghidorah battle pack then.
GO GO GOJI KUN

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Thank you! Great scale. I'll skip the Ghidorah battle pack then.
No problem! And the best part is, the 6 inch Rodan both scales with and is detailed enough to hang with the big dogs (NECA/SHMA). At least temporarily.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well got almost all of the Jakks stuff except for the big Godzilla. Didn't think there was much point since I got the massive one from years ago.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Got my 6” Rodan and the mothra battle pack a few days ago . Rodan scales well with the Neca Godzilla’s and the sculpt is great and surprisingly mothra is in scale with the Neca Figures sans the wings being smaller. My god is she tiny in kotm, so if any of you are looking for a stand in till Necas or SHMAs come out This is your best bet Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

WOO-HOO!

I nabbed the big ghidorah and the 12 inch godzilla. Could have gotten rodan, but I'll probably just get the neca version. Same for mothra.

The 12 inch goji is legit awesome. Biggest Godzilla in my collection now, and an instant favorite.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I’m in the second of three Walmart’s in my area. STILL NO GODZILLA. ugh. Are they hidden or in some weird section? Doesn’t help that Walmart doesn’t have location tracking on these like they do for every other product.

I fucking hate store exclusives
Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

:arrow:

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I’m in the second of three Walmart’s in my area. STILL NO GODZILLA. ugh. Are they hidden or in some weird section? Doesn’t help that Walmart doesn’t have location tracking on these like they do for every other product.

I fucking hate store exclusives
https://brickseek.com/p/godzilla-king-o ... 12/7473553

Try this out. Just enter your zipcode and it'll check the inventory of all the walmarts in your area. Keep in mind that while they may say in stock, they may not be out. I've heard of stores being lazy and not bothering to put them out and you'll have to ask a manager. Also, really inspect the toy aisles and all endcaps in the area; I barely found mine, they were hidden on the side of the little girl's aisle. You wouldn't notice them if you weren't looking for them. Some displays are obvious, some are sneaky, you just gotta take a moment and look.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Nobody wants to see pics of your mother!
Mother...
Tell the bad men not to take my egg ...
Tell the children not take my twins,
To a show,
In a cage...

Mother...

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I’m in the second of three Walmart’s in my area. STILL NO GODZILLA. ugh. Are they hidden or in some weird section? Doesn’t help that Walmart doesn’t have location tracking on these like they do for every other product.

I skreeonking hate store exclusives
When I checked two stores earlier in the week, I found it totally by chance at the second store because the display was on a rear endcap by the bicycles. Meaning it was facing the back wall of that section rather than the main "path" through the aisles and it was in a section that is barely connected to the toys. I would make sure you are looking in weird areas like that, since you never know when they'll turn up there.

Of course, I intentionally looked in that area in the first store and still found zilch.