The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Stock photos are leaks. Updated my post to reflect this. Suggest the rest of you do the same.

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status ... 98336?s=09

I heard from Jakks. Fine to be posted. Going to do an update with additional info.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Not Jakks, but I saw reissues of the Bandai Creation Ghidorah (2001) and King Caesar (1974) figures at my local Walmart a couple days ago here in Ohio. They said 2018 on the back of the boxes so I guess that means Bandai hasn't stopped producing these figures.
Yay Ohio! We are awesome like that!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:Not Jakks, but I saw reissues of the Bandai Creation Ghidorah (2001) and King Caesar (1974) figures at my local Walmart a couple days ago here in Ohio. They said 2018 on the back of the boxes so I guess that means Bandai hasn't stopped producing these figures.
Dayton, Ohio to be exact.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
I too live in Dayton! Which store did you find them? I normally go to Sugarcreek, Dayton Mall, or Fairfield Commons location.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Wow. Really diggin' everything I'm seeing. Thinkin' about getting one of those HUGE Gojis this time around - my main issue with Jakks' big G2014 was the toning down of the spines. As that's NOT the case this time around...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hope the G19 retool isn't the only 20 inch figure we're getting. I wouldn't be surprised exactly either.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
I too live in Dayton! Which store did you find them? I normally go to Sugarcreek, Dayton Mall, or Fairfield Commons location.
I'm not in Dayton but I am pretty close! I didn't know there were other Godzilla fans around here. I have never met another one in person before.

As for these figures, they look awesome! It's amazing how much better he looks just with the vastly improved spines! If Bandai Creation throws their hat into the ring, I just hope that they don't save the good vinyls for after the movie has been out and the hype had already died down (like they foolishly did for the 2014 film).
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. Really diggin' everything I'm seeing. Thinkin' about getting one of those HUGE Gojis this time around - my main issue with Jakks' big G2014 was the toning down of the spines. As that's NOT the case this time around...
Even with those spines, I can't recommend the giant one enough. It's so damn cool to have in hand.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Maritonic wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. Really diggin' everything I'm seeing. Thinkin' about getting one of those HUGE Gojis this time around - my main issue with Jakks' big G2014 was the toning down of the spines. As that's NOT the case this time around...
Even with those spines, I can't recommend the giant one enough. It's so damn cool to have in hand.
I second that! But consider keeping it in the box if you get one. With the tail attached, it's almost four FEET in length. Kinda hard to display.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Definitely interested in the giant one when (if?) it becomes available.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Have you guys seen this? Does it counts as a spoiler?

Dont get in if you dont want spoiler eh!
Wasnt expecting that when I got in toyark to see the figures.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

the-killer-wc wrote:Have you guys seen this? Does it counts as a spoiler?
Yes.

We've gone over this dozens of times already. It's a spoiler. Please don't discuss it outside of spoiler threads and be considerate to those who don't want to know.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Sorry on it, welp at least I put the warning. Should I remove it? i mean the comment.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

the-killer-wc wrote:Sorry on it, welp at least I put the warning. Should I remove it? i mean the comment.
I would at least put the link in a spoiler tag so people don't accidentally click on it.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

UltramanGoji wrote:
the-killer-wc wrote:Sorry on it, welp at least I put the warning. Should I remove it? i mean the comment.
I would at least put the link in a spoiler tag so people don't accidentally click on it.
Got it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Much obliged. :)

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote: Dayton, Ohio to be exact.
I'm not in Dayton but I am pretty close! I didn't know there were other Godzilla fans around here. I have never met another one in person before.

As for these figures, they look awesome! It's amazing how much better he looks just with the vastly improved spines! If Bandai Creation throws their hat into the ring, I just hope that they don't save the good vinyls for after the movie has been out and the hype had already died down (like they foolishly did for the 2014 film).
My best friend Is one, we met in elementary and our love for Godzilla is why we became friends. We both live in Dayton and have for years. he lurks around here too. I have met a handful of others at GFest over the years. Lol. We DO exist bro.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

They look like harmless Kids toys which is fine. Def getting the mask and the 30CM Godzilla. Wonder what other goodies they have in store for us

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I went to Toyark to see if anything knew for Godzilla in general was coming out (I did this knowing about the Jakks figures, but not knowing about THAT one particular Jakks figure that seems to be a tad bit spoilery) and I'm very saddened that my poor little spoilerless eyes had to see it. Goddammit Jakks.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I went to Toyark to see if anything knew for Godzilla in general was coming out (I did this knowing about the Jakks figures, but not knowing about THAT one particular Jakks figure that seems to be a tad bit spoilery) and I'm very saddened that my poor little spoilerless eyes had to see it. Goddammit Jakks.
That figure wasn’t even supposed to be shown. It was leaked by someone at Jakks. But alas. It’s spread like Wild Fire. Kinda bummed I saw it too