The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by kaijukurt »

Is it possible that Jakks has the license to make 6" Rodan/Ghidorah figures while BC has the license for the 6" Godzilla/Mothra?

Like some kind of agreement between the 2 U.S. companies making figures directed towards the younger market?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

kaijukurt wrote:Is it possible that Jakks has the license to make 6" Rodan/Ghidorah figures while BC has the license for the 6" Godzilla/Mothra?

Like some kind of agreement between the 2 U.S. companies making figures directed towards the younger market?

Not that I'm aware. Got an interview with them coming up though. I'll see what's up.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Chris55 wrote: Not that I'm aware. Got an interview with them coming up though. I'll see what's up.
Great to hear, thanks!!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Good news: looks like the 12" Godzilla's awful face paint was a stock photo error:

Here's the rest of Jakks' display at ToyFair:
https://twitter.com/collectjurassic/sta ... 6934635520
https://twitter.com/collectjurassic/sta ... 0908119040
https://twitter.com/collectjurassic/sta ... 0079320065

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^SPOILER ALERT on those photos - a certain figure is being shown up front there...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kinda' glad the big figure is a legit reissue of the 2014 figure. REALLY didn't want to have to make room for another one of those things. The 20" figure though... yeah. That's gonna' be a shelf hog.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

For anyone in the UK or Europe the new Godzilla toys are up for preorder on Smyths Toys...

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/sea ... t=Godzilla+

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232464 ... 976324015/

From the looks of this Facebook post, theyre not just up for preorder, theyre already in stores!!!

(At least the giant & 20" Godzillas, and the 6" Rodan & Ghidorah)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

kaijukurt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232464 ... 976324015/

From the looks of this Facebook post, theyre not just up for preorder, theyre already in stores!!!

In the US or UK?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Maritonic wrote:
kaijukurt wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232464 ... 976324015/

In the US or UK?
At a Smyths Toys location in the UK, shouldve specified.
Last edited by kaijukurt on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Looks like almost all of them are in-store in the UK. Sad day, I need that 30cm one like yesterday.

*waits patiently for outrageous eBay prices like when the original 2014 gigantic came out*
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

See in detail the Godzilla 2019 Toys by Jakks Pacific! We interview Jakks Pacific at Toy Fair to learn all about them.

(Note that I do participate in the Toho Kingdom forums. I have not said much this week because I'm editing my Toy Fair videos. It's a great time to be a Godzilla fan!)

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I still feel like Jakks blew it here by not making a 6 inch scale Godzilla and Mothra. Is Monsterarts the only line that is making all 4 key monsters in the correct scale with each other? Apart from them, it looks like the Battle Packs are the only way to get all 4 included in the same scale. I don't like collecting things that may never be completed...
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:I still feel like Jakks blew it here by not making a 6 inch scale Godzilla and Mothra. Is Monsterarts the only line that is making all 4 key monsters in the correct scale with each other? Apart from them, it looks like the Battle Packs are the only way to get all 4 included in the same scale. I don't like collecting things that may never be completed...
SHMA coming in like a hero for the first time in years :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:I still feel like Jakks blew it here by not making a 6 inch scale Godzilla and Mothra. Is Monsterarts the only line that is making all 4 key monsters in the correct scale with each other? Apart from them, it looks like the Battle Packs are the only way to get all 4 included in the same scale. I don't like collecting things that may never be completed...
So much truth in these words. I feel the same way. If known right from the start that a full set of all 4 (6" scale) figures will probably never exist, then why should one even bother to get any figure? I can only guess uneducatedly that it's due to weird licensing issues, but this puts an arrow to their knee here, much like with NECA. Well at least SHMA & MMS are releasing a complete roster, so I'll be happy with just them.
Last edited by Petezilla on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Petezilla wrote:
So much truth in these words. I feel the same way. If known right from the start that a full set of all 4 (6" scale) figures will probably never exist, then why should one even bother to get any figure? I can only guess uneducatedly that it's due to weird licensing issues, but this puts an arrow to their knee here, much like with NECA. Well at least SHMA & MMS are releasing a complete roster, so I'll be happy with just them.
Agreed really disappointed with these decisions by both companies. That being said I'll definitely be getting the Jakks two packs.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but if the Battlepack figures are about 3.5 inches then won’t they be in scale with the Pack of Destruction and Destruction City toys from the 2014 movie? Especially since the guy who was in charge of them at Bandai is now the one at Jakks doing the toys?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but if the Battlepack figures are about 3.5 inches then won’t they be in scale with the Pack of Destruction and Destruction City toys from the 2014 movie? Especially since the guy who was in charge of them at Bandai is now the one at Jakks doing the toys?
I am almost certain that the Godzillas are remolds of the Bandai figures. I have no idea how they did it, but just by looking at the figures I think they're pretty much the same just with new details from the new design.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but if the Battlepack figures are about 3.5 inches then won’t they be in scale with the Pack of Destruction and Destruction City toys from the 2014 movie? Especially since the guy who was in charge of them at Bandai is now the one at Jakks doing the toys?
I am almost certain that the Godzillas are remolds of the Bandai figures. I have no idea how they did it, but just by looking at the figures I think they're pretty much the same just with new details from the new design.
No offense, but they're not even remotely the same as the Bandai figures. Observe:

Bandai 2014...

Jakks Pacific 2019.

There are a few minor similarities, but the differences are so clear that if it's a retool then they went to just as much trouble as a new sculpt would have been.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »