Recently acquired a huge Godzilla collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
EPToho
Young Farmer

Recently acquired a huge Godzilla collection

Post by EPToho »

I was wondering what the best way to sell Godzilla figures. Most have tags, all of them in great condition.
Bandai predominant

I also have posters for sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Recently acquired a huge Godzilla collection

Post by Maritonic »

EPToho wrote:I was wondering what the best way to sell Godzilla figures. Most have tags, all of them in great condition.
Bandai predominant

I would say Godzilla Collector's groups on Facebook or straight up eBay. I don't think we have a "Selling" thread (Personally, I always felt we should honestly, and never understood why we don't).
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:
EPToho wrote:I was wondering what the best way to sell Godzilla figures. Most have tags, all of them in great condition.
Bandai predominant

I would say Godzilla Collector's groups on Facebook or straight up eBay. I don't think we have a "Selling" thread (Personally, I always felt we should honestly, and never understood why we don't).
Arbok (site owner) says that he doesn't want to deal with all the messiness of a B/S/T forum which, personally, I don't understand. Almost every other fansite I've been a part of has had a "For Sale" section and it works out just fine.

Not to mention, it would probably help the greater Godzilla collecting community massively. There's not many places out there specifically for selling Godzilla stuff, especially if you want to avoid the ripoff eBay taxes.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Yeah man, I could use the Spitfire G14 breath or the Godzilla Junior SCV's beam effect. I just don't wanna pay $200+ for two figures.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

We might not have a selling thread, but if you could post some pictures of some of what you have we could still probably work a few sales out with others on the forum.

Otherwise, go to ebay and look up a figure you want to sell. Then, apply the filter "sold" and sort by "time: ended recently." This will allow you to see how much each figure is currently selling for. The key thing to remember is that there's a difference between how much the figures are actually selling for Vs how much people are trying to sell them for. By looking at sold items you can see what prices people are actually paying so you can get an idea on how much you should price them for so that people will actually be willing to buy them.

One last thing, keep demand in mind. Right now people are pretty hyped over the KotM trailer so it's not a bad time to try selling some Godzilla figures, but next year after the movie releases there will be even more demand which will lead to an increase in value, so if you aren't in a rush to sell them it might not be a bad plan to hold onto them for another year.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The facebook collectors are your best bet man, you can get the costs of what you have so you don't get ripped off and it is super easy to deal with. It would be the best way to do it man. This will also be a major help
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2010 ... et-report/
Last edited by Godzillian on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:The facebook collectors are your best bet man, you can get the costs of what you have so you don't get ripped off and it is super easy to deal with. It would be the best way to do it man. This will also be a major help
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2010 ... et-report/
A reminder that the article linked here is almost ten years old and some things might have changed since then. Still, a good source to use for a general idea of worth.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'll second the vote for the Facebook groups (like Godzilla Collectors and Club Tokyo). You could also try checking out Skreeonk!.com and submit for the Kaiju Fan Marketplace.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rody wrote:You could also try checking out Skreeonk!.com and submit for the Kaiju Fan Marketplace.
That place is basically dead.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Is it now? I admit I haven't checked in a while (been trying to cut down on spending generally). Some pretty great used to show up there.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rody wrote:Is it now? I admit I haven't checked in a while (been trying to cut down on spending generally). Some pretty great used to show up there.
Yep, most of the actual fan stuff is over two years old and anything new has been shilling for Entertainment Earth. Pretty depressing, honestly.