Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Naruto65
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Naruto65 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:29 pm I can't imagine the data really changed between movies, so that probably explains the nigh-identical nature of the figures.
Exactly this. I think we'll be able to tell better once having it in hand. I'll take some macro photography and compare what's changed and what is similar.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:31 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:29 pm I can't imagine the data really changed between movies, so that probably explains the nigh-identical nature of the figures.
Exactly this. I think we'll be able to tell better once having it in hand. I'll take some macro photography and compare what's changed and what is similar.
I just can’t believe they bothered cutting new tools for a brand-new sculpt when they’re so similar.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

I don't understand why some people think Goji's spines get bigger in 21 frankly, they look identical
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Ironcarnage101 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm I don't understand why some people think Goji's spines get bigger in 21 frankly, they look identical
I think its because we expect a Godzilla design to change between movies and we also have WAY more day-time and even visibility in the night-time scenes in this movie so a lot of people have noticed just how big his spikes actually were
goji89 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 pm You'll get nothing sir, it's over you loose.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Do people really not see that there is no changes in the overall sculpt? There is no need for microscope for this.

Here I highlighted it for you. Small areas where you can see the scales keep the same easy to identify pattern from one figure to another. This is NOT a brand new sculpt, nor are the scales bigger. Only way they could be is if the mold was upscaled some how which I heavily doubt. The only thing that "appears" to be different is the head, though it has the same one spike on top of it in both heads so it might be the neck piece position behind the head that is given it a different look to that area and it might be just the same head, I dont know, but the next neck piece is the same as before.

Not saying this is bad, I love the sculpt on this figure and I will get it, but is a bit frustrating seeing everyone argue if its a new mold.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

If it is a new sculpt, why is their first instinct is to make some atomic breath variant first? Can't we get a normal one?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Nathus214 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:18 am If it is a new sculpt, why is their first instinct is to make some atomic breath variant first? Can't we get a normal one?
It's not a new sculpt. Hands are the only difference.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 am
Nathus214 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:18 am If it is a new sculpt, why is their first instinct is to make some atomic breath variant first? Can't we get a normal one?
It's not a new sculpt. Hands are the only difference.
I know it's not, but if we go by what Naruto said it is by technicality?
idk, we should all gawk over the Kong more
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Because despite the new sculpt, it's still a lot like 2019 and they wanted to differentiate?

That or they just wanted everyone to copy the poster

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

At least that blue looks a bit more attractive than the strange sloppy paint atomic breath variant from KOTM
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Glowing parts always look better when they're made of clear material to me.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Saying it once again, I had it confirmed from the horses mouth that they did use the 3D CGI data from this movie to make this Godzilla 2021 figure.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

So Godzilla didn't change that much from the previous film but it's a "new" sculpt.... got ya lol

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

So is the same 3d cgi data from the previous movie? because it has the same exact scales in the same exact areas as the previous model. Or if it changed did they used the model to make just the hands?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

They did not specify key differences, just that they used the data from the new movie.

When I look at the photos I see different tooling in the head and neck, possibly more details in the dorsals. I think the legs are slightly wider as well, maybe a angle trick though.

I don't know why this is a big head scratcher for some of you. Tamashii does what it wants whether it makes sense or not.

Edit: while I can't share a screen of emails, Bluefin recently did a talk about for the new figures and also confirmed this.

Fast forward to 16:30

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cuR9ejFwempNWk9kS ... 9HxtP?s=09
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

So same design, all-new mold and so technically, a new sculpt, even if said sculpt is almost identical to the previous sculpt.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Neca said the same thing about 2019. Yes it’s technically an new sculpt, but the differences are so minor that it basically it’s just a retool. Hell from the jump from the SH 2014 and 2019 at least the articulation cuts where slightly different. Comparing 2019 and 2021 they look identical.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:16 pm So same design, all-new mold and so technically, a new sculpt, even if said sculpt is almost identical to the previous sculpt.
Yes! Haha. This is what I've been saying since I said it was confirmed.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 pm
Poe Ghostal wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:16 pm So same design, all-new mold and so technically, a new sculpt, even if said sculpt is almost identical to the previous sculpt.
Yes! Haha. This is what I've been saying since I said it was confirmed.
Uh I said it first. Give props to where it originated from instead of glossing over my posts. It made me feel sad and honestly you hurt my fragile feelings.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Any news on the stateside release of Biollante? Getting kinda impatient (and nervous) as January has come and gone with no updates on the order I placed
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!