Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Naruto65
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Naruto65 »

Ironcarnage101 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 am Honestly I don't understand why they don't do more re-releases in general, it gives everyone a chance to order their personal favorites and is more money for Tamashii.
Because 85% of the line is made up of Web Exclusives.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

So I preordered G89 at awesome collector. I got an email confirmation from that payment website regarding the preorder “payment plan” but I don’t see any actual order confirmation email from awesome collector. Is that typical?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Box art photos of GvK G have popped up: https://www.facebook.com/SHMAfanTH/post ... tn__=-UK-R
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I like how it specifically says "Godzilla From Godzilla vs Kong"

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Reminds me of the event exclusive box, but it's strange seeing anything other than "(monster)(year)". How did these images come up a month before the Japan release?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 am I like how it specifically says "Godzilla From Godzilla vs Kong"
Just in case people thought it was Godzilla from Godzilla: King Of The Monsters

But seriously...i’m starting to warm up to this figure. I might actually just get this and forego the 2019 Goji. I’ll have no problem if there wasn’t a “normal” repaint of this

Added in 5 minutes 52 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Naruto65 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:08 pm You all know that I can't answer those questions. I'm just going to respond to these questions with a :Baragon: emoji.
Wait...you have insider info?

IS FINAL WARS GOJI COMING!?!?
He's not an insider.

He works with them.

Hell, he is Tamashii
NARUTO56 PUH-LEASE MAKE A FINAL WARS GOJI AND GMK BARAGON, MOTHRA, AND GHIDORAH SHMA’S, I’M BEGGIN’ YA HERE :cry:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:34 am So I preordered G89 at awesome collector. I got an email confirmation from that payment website regarding the preorder “payment plan” but I don’t see any actual order confirmation email from awesome collector. Is that typical?
Well this is cool. I was trying (and failing) to find contact info on the AC site so I clicked on create an account and went through the process. Once I was all signed in it showed me not just my current order for G’89 but also my previous orders from years past. I guess it’s because I use the same email addy, but I never created an account on his site before today (even though I thought that’s what was happening when I signed up for the “payment plan” when preordering the other day).

Anyway, cool to see confirmation of my preorder plus my old order history.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

That Facebook page linked above has some neat stuff on it, like this positively kickass custom Biollante Rose by HDS Studios -

https://www.facebook.com/SHMAfanTH/post ... ?__tn__=-R

Little too big, but damn if it doesn't look beautiful! The closest we'll ever get to a real one, regrettably.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:35 pm That Facebook page linked above has some neat stuff on it, like this positively kickass custom Biollante Rose by HDS Studios -

https://www.facebook.com/SHMAfanTH/post ... ?__tn__=-R

Little too big, but damn if it doesn't look beautiful! The closest we'll ever get to a real one, regrettably.
Duuuude, why did you play with my fragile lil emotional biollante loving heart like that. I came in here saw that and fucking nearly cried because I thought it was real.
:cry:

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Are there any sort of rules regarding buying/selling on these threads? AFAIK there aren't, but I just wanted to be sure before asking around about purchasing from other users. Has safe trading/selling happened much on TK before?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Andagi1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 am Are there any sort of rules regarding buying/selling on these threads? AFAIK there aren't, but I just wanted to be sure before asking around about purchasing from other users. Has safe trading/selling happened much on TK before?
Buying and selling publicly on the forums are prohibited for a variety of reasons. However, the site is still good for networking should people be doing that elsewhere privately. Don't solicit publicly on the forums though.

Also, that Rose Biollante is cool. I realized that Rose Biollante recently has gotten a lot of push. It used to only be the Beast form.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

*Holy Grail singing intensifies*

It's crazy how this figure is still one of the best in the line.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am It's crazy how this figure is still one of the best in the line.

I'm not even a fan of the suit, but I have to agree. This (and the rebirth version) was the single best, most-error-free SHMA to ever come out IMO.
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Has anyone had problems with their Mothra wings? I noticed that one of the joints was cracked while posing it today, specifically looking like the sculpt of the wing and body rubbed together and pulled the wing joint apart. Would post pictures if I had the ability.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:57 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:34 am So I preordered G89 at awesome collector. I got an email confirmation from that payment website regarding the preorder “payment plan” but I don’t see any actual order confirmation email from awesome collector. Is that typical?
Well this is cool. I was trying (and failing) to find contact info on the AC site so I clicked on create an account and went through the process. Once I was all signed in it showed me not just my current order for G’89 but also my previous orders from years past. I guess it’s because I use the same email addy, but I never created an account on his site before today (even though I thought that’s what was happening when I signed up for the “payment plan” when preordering the other day).

Anyway, cool to see confirmation of my preorder plus my old order history.
The owner Jason is very active on Facebook and on the AC Facebook page. Shoot him a message if you have an issue in the future
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

G1985 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:12 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am It's crazy how this figure is still one of the best in the line.

I'm not even a fan of the suit, but I have to agree. This (and the rebirth version) was the single best, most-error-free SHMA to ever come out IMO.
Biollante, Moguera, Dirty Godzilla and others as well, never heard a complaint of paint nor of breakage.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am *Holy Grail singing intensifies*

It's crazy how this figure is still one of the best in the line.
100% agree. And I'm totally not biased because this was my first SHMA either.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

It's one of the best Godzilla 1995 figures overall, too. The burning patches were done very well.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:20 pm It's one of the best Godzilla 1995 figures overall, too. The burning patches were done very well.
I've yet to see a head sculpt that rivals it tbh, maybe X-Plus.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:20 pm It's one of the best Godzilla 1995 figures overall, too. The burning patches were done very well.
I've yet to see a head sculpt that rivals it tbh, maybe X-Plus.
Some X-Plus don't capture the suits face that well or proportions.