Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Right, but that's the point. That's why people have the whole mentality of some repaints vs. all repaints. If they were to re-release a figure that can sell for $1,000 (!!!) so it's easier for new collectors, awesome. But re-painting Shin for the 6th time is kind of bullshit. Hence the frustration.
How the fuck have we had 7 Monsterarts threads and no one's explained this?
Other people, and myself, have explained it before. I don't want to never see another Biollante released because I'm sure as shit not shelling out the outlandish prices for her. There's a very easy counterbalance between re-releasing old figures, and milking new molds to death ala Shin. Some disagree/don't care, and that's fine.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

:mrgreen: That's just part of collecting ... when Biollante came out it was a little over $200. When you get into collecting later well hey shit happens if you want it you gotta pay... that's part of the fun and challenge of collecting. :mrgreen:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillavsGamera wrote::mrgreen: That's just part of collecting ... when Biollante came out it was a little over $200. When you get into collecting later well hey shit happens if you want it you gotta pay... that's part of the fun and challenge of collecting. :mrgreen:
Right, but if they're going to re-release old figures anyway, they might as well do it on older figures so people get another swing at it. It's why it's smart for them to "repaint" them, as opposed to just straight re-releasing; the original collectors HAVE that first release, while all I'll have is the new repaint.

I missed out on original Burning and Destroyah, but I was able to get the repaints. I could hunt down the old ones, but I'm content with what I have. But, the people who have the originals still have those original releases.

It's different than Shin, Awakening Shin, Marquette Shin, Frozen Shin, Shin 2.0, whatever future bullshit Shin they release, where they continue to milk the mold. Granted, they're different versions but still.

Biollante and Fire Rodan and kaiju that haven't seen other forms/repaints and a brown Rodan would be eaten ALIVE if it were released.

Added in 38 seconds:
*Rubs temples* Why...why am I on this thread again? Haven't I learned?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

:mrgreen: so would a new Titanosaurus or Skull Island Kong :mrgreen:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote::mrgreen: so would a new Titanosaurus or Skull Island Kong :mrgreen:
You think we'll actually get figures wanted by the fans that are interesting new ideas?
Oh, you poor sweet child.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
GodzillavsGamera wrote::mrgreen: so would a new Titanosaurus or Skull Island Kong :mrgreen:
You think we'll actually get figures wanted by the fans that are interesting new ideas?
Oh, you poor sweet child.
:mrgreen: we actually did for awhile....I still remember when KG and Biollante were first revealed .... (that was hype) :mrgreen:
http://kaijuplanet.blogspot.com/2013/01 ... hlist.html
Last edited by GodzillavsGamera on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:I've seriously been thinking of selling my SHMA Biollante now that I've got the MMS (signed by Megumi Odaka nonetheless!), you guys think I'd be able to get $450-$500 for it? Is that a good price nowadays?
It's been selling between $400-$800 lately. Can't believe people are paying those prices. I sold mine for $340 about 6 months ago.
Someone at G-Fest earlier this year spent $1000 on her I believe. Some people are crazy
I sold mine and got the X Plus. It was only like $30 more and far superior.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Might as well give my 2 cents on Biollante. I could understand rereleasing a popular figure as some people where "late" to the party or they maybe improved articulation/paint but didn't this take months perhaps even years for her to officially sell out so what makes you think she would do so much better now? I also don't believe that they have the rapid fan base as they used to have so it would probably wouldn't be in there best interest to rerelease her but I know they will. I just feel like some deserve rereleases/repaints while others don't (looking at you Shin).

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

DoubleDam21 wrote:Might as well give my 2 cents on Biollante. I could understand rereleasing a popular figure as some people where "late" to the party or they maybe improved articulation/paint but didn't this take months perhaps even years for her to officially sell out so what makes you think she would do so much better now? I also don't believe that they have the rapid fan base as they used to have so it would probably wouldn't be in there best interest to rerelease her but I know they will. I just feel like some deserve rereleases/repaints while others don't (looking at you Shin).
This.

This.

THIS was my point. This is all I was saying. I was using Biollante as an example. But THIS is what I was saying.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Seems a bit of our discussion has been removed so I will leave it be... Who's ready for Gamera next month?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:Seems a bit of our discussion has been removed so I will leave it be... Who's ready for Gamera next month?
Just you and Tamashii.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:Seems a bit of our discussion has been removed so I will leave it be... Who's ready for Gamera next month?
Some of our discussion was removed due to the outage and the backup they had only being taken 14 hours before it. So some of our posts where basically reversed. Also I’m not excited for gamera. Making my own. Already have the Bandai coming in on Thursday and iris comes in at the same time or a little after. Like I’ve said before I hate the face on the SHMA. And I’m not sure I’ll ever buy a SH again due to me basically being able to custom any figures they put out. Already did fire Rodan so that’s a potential $120 saved.
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I for one am pretty excited to see Gamera. I know it's not accurate to the actual suit but hey anything beats a shin repaint or a 95 repaint.

Yes even a Bagan.

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
I wonder if there's a limit to how many emoticons one can use? Specifically the green one.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GojiDude95 wrote:.

I wonder if there's a limit to how many emoticons one can use? Specifically the green one.
One is one too many bruh.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Bagan. The only thing that could save this line
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The only things I'd care about in this line would be Showa figures under $70 which definitely isn't going to happen.

I'd maybe go all-in on a 1965 if NECA wasn't making one. But yeah, it's back to vinyls and NECAs for me.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:The only things I'd care about in this line would be Showa figures under $70 which definitely isn't going to happen.

I'd maybe go all-in on a 1965 if NECA wasn't making one. But yeah, it's back to vinyls and NECAs for me.
I'm guessing you meant 1962, but I'd totally eat up a NECA 1965
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:The only things I'd care about in this line would be Showa figures under $70 which definitely isn't going to happen.

No, I meant I'd be all in on a SHMA 1965 figure if there was no NECA alternative.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:

No, I meant I'd be all in on a SHMA 1965 figure if there was no NECA alternative.
Would you care for a SHMA for MegaroGoji?

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

goji89 wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:.

One is one too many bruh.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I agree 100% :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: bruh.
I wonder when we will get the next reveal (after G62) seems like it should be something to go along with the new movie.