Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by KingKaiju »

Ah, the good ole NECA vs. Tamashii argument. Reminds me of Marvel and DC fanboys going at it on Facebook comments. A rising tide raises all ships, these aren’t competing sports teams. Both look great. I definitely think NECA’s looks more accurate. But we’re getting TWO figures of a design that is notorious for being expensive to purchase. Let’s celebrate!!! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Honestly, any differences between SHMA and NECA with Kinggoji seem trivial. Both look almost entirely accurate - any places where they don't match the suit really don't make a notable enough difference to matter. I'd say the only major difference is SHMA's pupils - if you wanna get as close to the suit as possible, NECA pulled that small detail off a touch better.

Still... Both are amazingly well sculpted figures, but one has more articulation, and one is a better deal.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Some are griping that Tamashii's G62 is only 5.7 inches tall. But look how BULKY it is! True to da suit, mon...

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Destoroyah95 wrote:Sh monsterarts at SDCC including 62 here's the link http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sdcc- ... rim-307832
Umm. It’s the paint chipped on that guy. Looks horrible with all those white marks

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Destoroyah95 wrote:Sh monsterarts at SDCC including 62 here's the link http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sdcc- ... rim-307832
Umm. It’s the paint chipped on that guy. Looks horrible with all those white marks
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed those paint chips. I was genuinely surprised with that and wonder what happened; their display figures usually look great.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

MandaSaurus wrote:Some are griping that Tamashii's G62 is only 5.7 inches tall. But look how BULKY it is! True to da suit, mon...
How pricey is the shipping to Jamaica?
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Maritonic wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed those paint chips. I was genuinely surprised with that and wonder what happened; their display figures usually look great.
iT's BaTtLe DaMaGe!1!1 >:O
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I just noticed. The hands are on backwards in the promotion photos. Compare those to this SDCC figure

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

godzilla1541 wrote:I just noticed. The hands are on backwards in the promotion photos. Compare those to this SDCC figure
Truly a quality figure.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:I just noticed. The hands are on backwards in the promotion photos. Compare those to this SDCC figure
Truly a quality figure.
You know *someone* tried to play this off like that promo shot photo thing was just the angle of the photo. But you're right; the SDCC figure doesn't seem to have that issue at all.

Added in 38 seconds:
Kiryu still looks amazing. They really couldn't have found a cooler pose for Gamera, though?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The fact that particular copy of SHMA ‘62 on display has a few chips on the paint is just rotten luck. Btw, I noticed another poll Tamashi Nations had for figures for them to make in the future had Titanosaurus high on the poll. What could that mean?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Image. Beautiful. Quality figure. I can already see it

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:The fact that particular copy of SHMA ‘62 on display has a few chips on the paint is just rotten luck. Btw, I noticed another poll Tamashi Nations had for figures for them to make in the future had Titanosaurus high on the poll. What could that mean?
Rotten luck? I mean. I don't know if I entirely agree with that. If you're announcing a brand new figure and this is your very first time displaying it to the public, I think you'd do quite a bit to ensure it's safety. None of the other figures look scuffed up. It's pretty surprising they allowed it to be displayed like that. Not the end of the world or oh my god what the fuuuuuuuck! or anything like that, I'm just a bit surprised from a business stand point.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Seriously though, Godzilla 1962's "little finger" or most ulnar finger is quite large compared to his thumb and is held away from his right hand awkwardly. The promotional images are consistent with the film. The SDCC display actually has it in reverse, godzilla1541. That shouldn't be surprising considering its paint quality. Rushed.

Even then, the hands could in theory be swapped regardless, as his hands look different from shot to shot.

I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:Seriously though, Godzilla 1962's "little finger" or most ulnar finger is quite large compared to his thumb and is held away from his right hand awkwardly. The promotional images are consistent with the film. The SDCC display actually has it in reverse, godzilla1541. That shouldn't be surprising considering its paint quality. Rushed.

Even then, the hands could in theory be swapped regardless, as his hands look different from shot to shot.

I guess. But the figure at SDCC does seem like that’s the way it’s intended to look. Who knows what happened

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yeah, that displayed KingGoji is truly bad. It's honestly surprising, as the rest of the lineup looks great. Looks like another case of see the reviews before you buy.

Off topic, but after watching Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle, I now would much rather get a figure of that
Spoiler:
burning Godzilla Earth
then the half-assed reissue we're getting now.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Yeah, that displayed KingGoji is truly bad. It's honestly surprising, as the rest of the lineup looks great. Looks like another case of see the reviews before you buy.

Off topic, but after watching Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle, I now would much rather get a figure of that
Spoiler:
burning Godzilla Earth
then the half-assed reissue we're getting now.
Don't worry. Give it time, that'll be released too.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know where I could find Burning Godzilla (Either version) for relatively cheap? Honestly I'm fine with it being used/loose as long as it's in good condition and isn't too expensive. Thanks!
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sdcc- ... rim-307832

Yeah... Smol alright :lol:.
Soo glad Tamashii scrapped that scaling.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

What are you talking about? He's got bulk, but he's obviously shorter.