Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Someone with nothing but good experiences, but is called a shill because of said experience.
Do you also think minimalizing obvious flaws with a figure is also a component of "shilling"?
When the figure you own happens to lack the flaw that others are up in arms about, I think it's a fair counter argument to say "Well mine doesn't have that flaw, therefore it's a good figure"
Some perspective here, though. Friend of mine got a "good" NECA Atomic Shin. I got one that was absolutely horrific in the QC department. Indefensible. So to me, it was a poor release.

The SHMA Gamera 99 teeth paint issue was widespread. It was a "luck of the draw" if you got one with messed up teeth. That to me is a pretty sketchy release, as I can't guarantee my purchase is going to be solid.

KOTM Ghidorah seems pretty much QC free from what we can tell, same with G19. But Gamera, was not. That's what 21 is talking about. Not every single release is flawless in terms of blanket QC. Sure, every now and then something will slip though, but those teeth were a very common complaint. Buying one was a risk.

Objectively denying that compared to "I don't care if my figure has it, I will still like it" are two different things.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SO after being gone for a week, i'm back. From what I can gather, US retailers for King Ghiddy such as BBTS and Eknightmedia do not have him ready to ship and thus he will be delayed. Is that right?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Do you also think minimalizing obvious flaws with a figure is also a component of "shilling"?
When the figure you own happens to lack the flaw that others are up in arms about, I think it's a fair counter argument to say "Well mine doesn't have that flaw, therefore it's a good figure"
Some perspective here, though. Friend of mine got a "good" NECA Atomic Shin. I got one that was absolutely horrific in the QC department. Indefensible. So to me, it was a poor release.

The SHMA Gamera 99 teeth paint issue was widespread. It was a "luck of the draw" if you got one with messed up teeth. That to me is a pretty sketchy release, as I can't guarantee my purchase is going to be solid.

KOTM Ghidorah seems pretty much QC free from what we can tell, same with G19. But Gamera, was not. That's what 21 is talking about. Not every single release is flawless in terms of blanket QC. Sure, every now and then something will slip though, but those teeth were a very common complaint. Buying one was a risk.

Objectively denying that compared to "I don't care if my figure has it, I will still like it" are two different things.
Summed it up perfectly.

Also jnavs I must honestly say your situation is quite rare. Ive been in this thread for 6 years and I haven't heard of anyone having a positive experience with every one of their figures. And you also have a large collection too so just by pure law of averages you should at least have one or two duds. Has anyone else here had all perfect figures?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

I gotcha, yeah generally speaking there may be a known QC issue, such as G99s teeth and NECAs Atomic Shin, and yes some people (myself included) may get the diamond in the haystack, but that doesn't detract from the items general release potentially being botched.

However, say you are that person who just gets home-runs with every release, I think it'd be okay to defend the line since you haven't personally seen or encountered said issues.

But I get ya, generally speaking blanketed QC issues can't be defended.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

@gawdziller It's not delayed per se. Bluefin has its shipment in so it should be going out to retailers this coming week. However Bluefin is also in Comic-con chaos mode right now. Just a prediction, Ghidorah will start shipping after Comic-con. We did confirm that Bluefin will have Ghidorah available for purchase at SDCC.

@g21 I have every release thus far and I'd say 95% are amazing with no actual QC issues. Paint issues, probably 85%.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Are you allowed to give us any kind of snippet as to what the next announcement will be?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Someone with nothing but good experiences, but is called a shill because of said experience.
Hm. As someone who's been fairly lucky in the past myself (I got a FANTASTIC GMK and G54, both of which were heavily criticized for varying reasons at the time of their release), I don't really think that's entirely fair. Some SH releases, ever since the line started with G94's derp eyes, are almost gambles on whether or not you'll get a good one.

I almost exclusively buy Monsterarts and Revlotech, so I can't speak from personal experience regarding a lot of other brands, but quality control is an understandable issue at times.
Last edited by Spuro on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I know this isn't SHMA related, but I just feel like you guys should be aware of a super articulated SHMA-esque Kong figure being produced by 9Modelism, I won't flood this thread with em, since the King Kong toy thread is discussing this, but I just figured you guys would get a kick outta it. I'd love to see this guy continue making figures, he's got plenty of figures in the works. (Behemoth, Zilla, etc)

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

_JNavs_ wrote: However, say you are that person who just gets home-runs with every release, I think it'd be okay to defend the line since you haven't personally seen or encountered said issues.

But I get ya, generally speaking blanketed QC issues can't be defended.
But see again with G99 as an example, it was an obvious widespread issue, so you can't really defend the release without acknowledging that, even if you happened to get a good one. Its like putting your head in the sand. And people here (not sure if it was you) were definitely trying to act like the G99 teeth was isolated when I posted mine.

Anyway, with my releases I hate to say but I've gotten about 50-50 in terms of good and bad. My first G94 had those derp eyes, my KG's (OG release) had a terrible gap in the tail and the droopy wing. My fire Rodan tail would not stay on. My Shin's jaw would not stay on. We know about my G99. My SCV G2K's neck started drooping within a few months. I've had good luck with their mechs and my BG and G54 are flawless. In fact those are the only two Godzilla figures I have left from the line

Added in 23 seconds:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Hm. As someone who's been fairly lucky in the past myself (I got a FANTASTIC GMK and G54, both of which were heavily criticized for varying reasons at the time of their release), I don't really think that's entirely fair. Some SH releases, ever since the line started with G94's derp eyes, are almost gambles on whether or not you'll get a good one.

I almost exclusively buy Monsterarts and Revlotech, so I can't speak from personal experience regarding a lot of other brands, but quality control is an understandable issue at times.
Exactly.
SpaceG92 wrote:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

The point I bolded is the main idea, we've all gotta understand it's an understandable issue and you're completely right, some SH releases are derpy, however I don't really think it's unfair to say "I've got a good release of a questionable figure, therefore it's a good figure to me"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzilla21 wrote:I've had good luck with their mechs...
That reminds me, these big QC issues really don't seem to show up as much with them, huh?

Least not from what I can remember.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I've had good luck with their mechs...
That reminds me, these big QC issues really don't seem to show up as much with them, huh?

Least not from what I can remember.
No. I've always said this but SHMA does mechs well
SpaceG92 wrote:

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Sad day my homies. I had a winning bid of 82 dollars on the g14 spitfire in a ebay auction. 2 seconds left and some jerk bids in at the last micro second. Seller showed a picture of the left eye that looked straight.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

GojiDude95 wrote:Sad day my homies. I had a winning bid of 82 dollars on the g14 spitfire in a ebay auction. 2 seconds left and some jerk bids in at the last micro second. Seller showed a picture of the left eye that looked straight.
Wasn't me
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Don’t know if anyone else had this problem by my Emergence Goji’s dirt paint began rubbing off over the years, anyone else have the same trouble with there’s?
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Stump Feet wrote:Don’t know if anyone else had this problem by my Emergence Goji’s dirt paint began rubbing off over the years, anyone else have the same trouble with there’s?
Throw it in muddy water and let it dry off? Seriously though, I haven't noticed it, but il be the first to admit my eyes aren't perfect ant more. Mine mostly get shelved and maybe posed again once a year. Wouldn't be surprised that what would amount to a wash would get worn off if frequently handled. May be worth putting a matte clear on it.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I am still waiting on a 68 Zilla, one day hopefully.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:Sad day my homies. I had a winning bid of 82 dollars on the g14 spitfire in a ebay auction. 2 seconds left and some jerk bids in at the last micro second. Seller showed a picture of the left eye that looked straight.
Wasn't me
I believe you.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
I find it crazy that we still don't have an anguirus from this line. Being in the big four(five?), you'd think he would've been guaranteed.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I fucking love Anguirus but he is not top 5.

Top 5 is and always has been Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla.

He's a very good monster but he is B Tier in monster popularity not an S Tier

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I skreeonking love Anguirus but he is not top 5.

Top 5 is and always has been Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla.

He's a very good monster but he is B Tier in monster popularity not an S Tier
which is kinda funny because he's the first opposing monster in a godzilla movie
your source of self destruction