Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Depends where you preordered, Was it an import site? If so then yeah we're getting it in June (luckily)

Those that have bought from BBTS, Amazon etc. will get theirs in late September
I preordered mine from EKnight Media. They had the cheapest deal, also seem very reliable.
That's interesting, since EKnight is based in Cali that would mean you'd get it in early September instead of late since the release date is Aug 31st.
But it's definitely a great deal, I paid $140 for an import but I'm sure the shipping will be close to $30. Only difference is I'll receive mine in June.
I'll take early instead of late September. Seems like you actually got a pretty good deal too.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: I preordered mine from EKnight Media. They had the cheapest deal, also seem very reliable.
That's interesting, since EKnight is based in Cali that would mean you'd get it in early September instead of late since the release date is Aug 31st.
But it's definitely a great deal, I paid $140 for an import but I'm sure the shipping will be close to $30. Only difference is I'll receive mine in June.
I'll take early instead of late September. Seems like you actually got a pretty good deal too.
Yeah early September is definitely better, and at least you should be able to find Rodan/G V2/Mothra/G in stores by then which'll complete the big 4 pretty quick. Which gives you time to save up for SHMA Rodan and Mothra :lol: :lol: , I may not even pick up SHMA Mothra unless they include something that really wows me. At least with the Rodans, they're completely different but great in different ways. Same with big G.

I was thinking, We may have maybe 5 G19s by the end of this year if both companies decide to release that variant, we're also possibly looking at 4 Mothra's... hopefully Rodan doesn't decide to go El Diablo on us because then that'll be a whole other repaint
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: That's interesting, since EKnight is based in Cali that would mean you'd get it in early September instead of late since the release date is Aug 31st.
Yeah early September is definitely better, and at least you should be able to find Rodan/G V2/Mothra/G in stores by then which'll complete the big 4 pretty quick. Which gives you time to save up for SHMA Rodan and Mothra :lol: :lol: , I may not even pick up SHMA Mothra unless they include something that really wows me. At least with the Rodans, they're completely different but great in different ways. Same with big G.

I was thinking, We may have maybe 5 G19s by the end of this year if both companies decide to release that variant, we're also possibly looking at 4 Mothra's... hopefully Rodan doesn't decide to go El Diablo on us because then that'll be a whole other repaint
Yeah, both Rodans seem worth getting since they are very different, but really cool in their owns rights. Right now I prefer the NECA Mothra more than the SHMA Mothra, since it seems more accurate and detailed compared to the SHMA one.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: I'll take early instead of late September. Seems like you actually got a pretty good deal too.

Yeah, both Rodans seem worth getting since they are very different, but really cool in their owns rights. Right now I prefer the NECA Mothra more than the SHMA Mothra, since it seems more accurate and detailed compared to the SHMA one.
Both Mothra's are lacking the orange and white fur with the black outlines around her eyes from the trailer, I wonder if either company will fix it before release?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Yeah early September is definitely better, and at least you should be able to find Rodan/G V2/Mothra/G in stores by then which'll complete the big 4 pretty quick. Which gives you time to save up for SHMA Rodan and Mothra :lol: :lol: , I may not even pick up SHMA Mothra unless they include something that really wows me. At least with the Rodans, they're completely different but great in different ways. Same with big G.

Both Mothra's are lacking the orange and white fur with the black outlines around her eyes from the trailer, I wonder if either company will fix it before release?
Yeah, definitely. Neither are perfect (maybe that's due to how the design is).
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: Yeah, both Rodans seem worth getting since they are very different, but really cool in their owns rights. Right now I prefer the NECA Mothra more than the SHMA Mothra, since it seems more accurate and detailed compared to the SHMA one.
Maybe they're sculpting off an early design? Bc it seems like she lacks fur entirely on the figures, Maybe that should be the question we all ask NECA, "Will Mothra have a more accurate orange/white paintjob before release?"

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Both Mothra's are lacking the orange and white fur with the black outlines around her eyes from the trailer, I wonder if either company will fix it before release?
Maybe they're sculpting off an early design? Bc it seems like she lacks fur entirely on the figures, Maybe that should be the question we all ask NECA, "Will Mothra have a more accurate orange/white paintjob before release?"
I am assuming that it the version we saw at Toy Fair is the final version. They said on Twitter that the Rodan they showed off was the final version, so I would assume that Mothra would be the same.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: Yeah, definitely. Neither are perfect (maybe that's due to how the design is).
I am assuming that it the version we saw at Toy Fair is the final version. They said on Twitter that the Rodan they showed off was the final version, so I would assume that Mothra would be the same.
That's true, then I guess the best chance we got at finding out, would just be to ask them if there's any reason why their mold doesn't match the films?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The models may be based off earlier concept designs.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Birdman wrote:The models may be based off earlier concept designs.
That's what I was thinking. But I'd think they'd be more than capable of giving a repaint before release. I'm fine with it either way
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GhidoGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Not a big Caesar fan? I think a well deserved kaiju would be Monster X. Idk how well liked he is in the fandom but I always thought he was a cool final boss
Just not on my priorities. He doesn't need a super articulated figure to me because he's not a very "articulate" character. Monster X would be much more interesting to see.
Strong disagree on Caesar. Have you seen Final Wars? He's among the most athletic/mobile Kaiju in the series in that movie
I said for me, personally. Of course I've seen Final Wars, I'm saying for ME I don't need an articulated Cesar on the shelf because that's just not how I see him.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea if they did one.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Silver Saucer
Samurai

Post by Silver Saucer »

After what was shown this weekend I'm leaning towards Neca's Mothra, I agree both seem to be lacking but I dig the idea of "partially translucent wings".
In regards to Rodan I might actually get both cause I'm digging those Neca stands, but I'm confident SHMA will pack in something tasty. Even if it's just another set of wings, the options on that sculpt will make it a must own IMO.
I'm kind of equal parts surprised and pleased that it's ended up as a situation where I will probably find a reason to support both lines.
Still not sure if I even need a G2019 tho... Neca will probably win that if they can come through with the paint.
Last edited by Silver Saucer on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

How is the size of ‘19 Mothra compared to ‘92 Mothra? Also, ‘19 Rodan to ‘93 Rodan?

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

When are we getting official rodan pics? Thats the real question.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Anguirus wrote:How is the size of ‘19 Mothra compared to ‘92 Mothra? Also, ‘19 Rodan to ‘93 Rodan?
Going off of their official, on-screen/in-universe sizes, Mothra 2019 should have the much larger wingspan, but the smaller overall body mass. We're comparing 244.75 m to 175 m for wingspan. Legendary has the second largest Mothra wingspan to date.

Both Rodan iterations should be wildly different based on their official size stats. One is 46.9 m tall, while the other is 70 m tall. One has a wingspan of 265.48 m, while the other has a wingspan of 150 m.

But, I don't suspect that the figures will be sized with thsee things in mind. No, that wouldn't be right. If you ask me, Legendary gave them weird proportions.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Petezilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Doesn't seem too sturdy from the photos, but I assume it's pretty solid? Like Ghidorah won't fall forward? lol
Check out the "Tamashii Stage ACT Trident". Maybe suits this situation better since it is taller and has three supportive arms in one. I have this stand and it can hold even the heavy perfect form Destroyer in a flying pose if the screws in the joints are a bit more fastened.
That looks really really good! Definitely seems stable enough to hold up Ghidorah, Could you maybe show a pic of how it fits Destroyah?
I would, But... I'd have to remove Destroyah from my display AND before I'd to go go diggin' through piles of boxes in the attic to find the tridend stage... So sorry bro, not atm... :angel:
You besically just have to align the arms in a way to grab the most stable areas of the body.
Size DOES matter!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Petezilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Petezilla wrote: Check out the "Tamashii Stage ACT Trident". Maybe suits this situation better since it is taller and has three supportive arms in one. I have this stand and it can hold even the heavy perfect form Destroyer in a flying pose if the screws in the joints are a bit more fastened.
That looks really really good! Definitely seems stable enough to hold up Ghidorah, Could you maybe show a pic of how it fits Destroyah?
I would, But... I'd have to remove Destroyah from my display AND before I'd to go go diggin' through piles of boxes in the attic to find the tridend stage... So sorry bro, not atm... :angel:
You besically just have to align the arms in a way to grab the most stable areas of the body.
All good! I'll definitely look into it

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Ooh wee! I just pre-ordered KG, easily the most I've spent for one figure in my life, and yet NECA believes it wouldn't sell.

Come forth, Ghidorah!
Deliver us a beautiful demise!
Feast upon us, bring us divine victory!
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Destorogoji wrote:Ooh wee! I just pre-ordered KG, easily the most I've spent for one figure in my life, and yet NECA believes it wouldn't sell.

Come forth, Ghidorah!
WELCOME FELLOW GHIDORIAN!

BIDIBIDIBIDIBIDIBIDIBIDIBIDI
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Destorogoji wrote:Ooh wee! I just pre-ordered KG, easily the most I've spent for one figure in my life, and yet NECA believes it wouldn't sell.

Come forth, Ghidorah!
Welcome! All hail the golden demise!
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn