Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

goji89 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:It’s all stuck in the pipes until next year when the figures come out and we see who makes the cut and who doesn’t :P

Believe and you shall receive !
But I dont want to believe nor recieve them now that they've been in the pipes for a year.....gross.
Fine. Have fun paying $80 smackaroos for your SHMA
Spoiler:
Wooly Mammoth
:evil:

Hope the trunk snaps off during shipping!
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
Cosbydaf wrote:If NECA ever get the approval to make different monsters, I might give them a shot.
They did, they'll be making figures for all the monsters showing up in GKOTM. We should be seeing results sometime next year.
Now now, I don’t think that was ever confirmed. As far as I know, just the main four are getting figures. I didn’t see anything mention NECA doing the ENTIRE Titan cast, that’d be 10+ figures. :lol:
Randy did a tweet that said everything in the film is getting a figure but I assume he means the big 4 when he said everything.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I hope he was being literal, all those titans would be THE SHIT.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Now now, I don’t think that was ever confirmed. As far as I know, just the main four are getting figures. I didn’t see anything mention NECA doing the ENTIRE Titan cast, that’d be 10+ figures. :lol:
To quote from the interview with Chris, "for the new movie, we're starting with everything that appears in the film for next May. [...] we're doing all the monsters." Plus the additional confirmation on Facebook ("Every monster"). Haven't been keeping up with movie rumors/spoilers, but always found that specific wording... interesting. I always took it literally, though. Now I kind of wonder if Tamashii will go the same route or not.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

I hope that added pressure from Neca lights a fire under their asses ..to not be outdone.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:I hope that added pressure from Neca lights a fire under their asses ..to not be outdone.
Nah tamashii can keep the same poor Quality and high price and people would still buy. You wouldn’t believe how many People defend the poor Quality control or completely disregard the issues because “I don’t have a Figure of him yet” and this always happens to be within the younger crowd.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:I hope that added pressure from Neca lights a fire under their asses ..to not be outdone.
Tamashii has stated multiple times they really only care about the Japanese market, any money they make from the western fans is just an added bonus

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Nah tamashii can keep the same poor Quality and high price and people would still buy. You wouldn’t believe how many People defend the poor Quality control or completely disregard the issues because “I don’t have a Figure of him yet” and this always happens to be within the younger crowd.
I don't think I qualify as the 'younger crowd'... :lol:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
You're in your 60s right
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote: Nah tamashii can keep the same poor Quality and high price and people would still buy. You wouldn’t believe how many People defend the poor Quality control or completely disregard the issues because “I don’t have a Figure of him yet” and this always happens to be within the younger crowd.
You're in your 60s right
:shock: ..........damn.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

godzilla1541 wrote:
seen somewhat similar regards to the vinyl PR kaiju. sends a facepalm through the back of my skull
your source of self destruction

Silver Saucer
Samurai

Post by Silver Saucer »

I wish they'd do another Mothra... Even just a reissue. She's about the only SHMA I'm still hunting.
I am suddenly really excited for Godzilla Earth, I passed on it the first time but the anime has really grown on me. I'm thinking the spit fire 2014 breath effect will look good with him ^^

So with showa Goji confirmed when do you think we'll see Gigan? Considering the movie right around the corner Im really wondering what to expect out of the release schedule. We have pre orders to the end of the year and the movie releases in Summer, does Tamashii chase those movie designs or sit back and release some kaiju from the fan poll?
Last edited by Silver Saucer on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote: I don't think I qualify as the 'younger crowd'... :lol:
You're in your 60s right
:shock: ..........damn.
He really is in his 60s I believe. Nothing wrong with that. Actually admire someone being that age and still having a passion for this stuff.

And Silver Saucer they already did a Mothea reissue. You want a second reissue? Only other Mothra I would consider would be Mothra Leo. And not SHMA. My original Mothra took 3 dozen dives off the shelf. Way too delicate.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Silver Saucer
Samurai

Post by Silver Saucer »

Yeah I'd be happy with Leo too, I mean a reissue of the original not that special color version.
It's a shame I loved the eyes on that SCV Mothra, but not the half done painting on the thorax and antennas...
Last edited by Silver Saucer on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Since there seems to be some confusion about this... :lol:
I will be 52 by year's end. I am NOT in my 60s - yet. And yes, I still get a great deal of satisfaction from this hobby. Godzilla & Co. were my first 'true love', media-wise, even before Star Wars. I grew up on the Showa movies, and every time SHMA does something Showa, there's a little kid inside me that giggles with delight...

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

No scans yall? New figuarts scans are out for infinity war

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Gahdzilluh wrote:No scans yall? New figuarts scans are out for infinity war
What?
SpaceG92 wrote:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I think with 1962 confirmed to come out in December, Tamashi has revealed all their releases for this year. Maybe some 2019 figure reveals, if we're lucky?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:
What?
Figure Oh King magazine came out today/yesterday and it revealed a lot of new SHF figures, he's asking if there's any SHMA ones.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

HLJ is having a FiguArts sale...

Figure...

Arts...

#ThinkingEmoji

FiguArts......

========

Joking aside, KiryuGoji 12% off w/Free Tamashii effect it seems. If you're waiting, it's a decent grab for the effect piece.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.