Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by JAGzilla »

Got the Brachi unboxed earlier. God, that thing is massive. I was expecting big, of course, but wow. If it wasn't for the ability to lower the neck, it wouldn't even come close to fitting on top of my shelves. As it is, though, it should fit pretty comfortably once I get around to clearing space and putting it up there.

Most of those new CollectA figures haven't impressed me much, but the Lisowicia looks great. I'll very likely be picking one of those up.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'm looking forward to REBOR's GrabNGo T-Rex and Spinosaurus. I'll be getting the "skeletal" paint aps Rex - definitely not the norm, but I dig it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I really like how solid Rebor's pieces are. The Killer Queen is pretty awesome. Can't wait for my Vanilla Ice Rex to arrive tomorrow.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Anyone know of any good dinosaur model kits?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:Anyone know of any good dinosaur model kits?
Check with Andy's Dinosaur Review on YT. He mentions some kits there. I believe Kaiyodo has a T-Rex kit coming out soon...

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:Anyone know of any good dinosaur model kits?
Check with Andy's Dinosaur Review on YT. He mentions some kits there. I believe Kaiyodo has a T-Rex kit coming out soon...
Will do. I also didn't know Kaiyodo made kits, I should check that out!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Just saw JW Primal Attack Callovosaurus and Ornitholestes in a 2-Pack bundle over at Amazon for $80. I can't stop laughing... :lol

EDIT: Anyone looking for the newest Attack Pack wave might want to check their local Walgreens. I found the green Dracorex and re-pack Herrerasaurus at mine. $8.99 is a bit more than Wal-Mart and Target, but it could save some of you a lot of time and fuel...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Completed the skull swap and repaint on my Edu-Toys T. rex skeleton, and I think the result is pretty good.

After some color tests, I repainted it in Krylon Gloss Leather Brown, gave it a matte top coat, and then I rubbed it liberally with Tamiya Weathering Masters pastels, using Rust Orange, before a final matte topcoat to seal the pastels down. I can't really get my camera to accurately portray the way the detail now "pops" in person. These are the best photos I could get.

I was trying to get a color somewhere between 5027 in New York, and the Chicago Field Museum's Sue. I think I got there.

Here are a couple Before & Afters...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ApexOversteer wrote:Completed the skull swap and repaint on my Edu-Toys T. rex skeleton, and I think the result is pretty good.

After some color tests, I repainted it in Krylon Gloss Leather Brown, gave it a matte top coat, and then I rubbed it liberally with Tamiya Weathering Masters pastels, using Rust Orange, before a final matte topcoat to seal the pastels down. I can't really get my camera to accurately portray the way the detail now "pops" in person. These are the best photos I could get.

I was trying to get a color somewhere between 5027 in New York, and the Chicago Field Museum's Sue. I think I got there.

Here are a couple Before & Afters...

Nice job on that!!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

One Pleistocene animal I'd like to see in toy form would be the longhorn or giant bison. I know it isn't as exotic as its better-known neighbors, but an oversized bison with long horns is still pretty cool. Bison were a major presence in Pleistocene steppes and forests, anyway, so they really deserve some recognition.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

So the Pentaceratops has been unlocked! That just leaves Triceratops and Torosaurus.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

All y'all talking about movie monsters when the true people are trying to get their adult Triceratops funded, smh

/s
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

my favorite ceratopsian has been unlocked!
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Y'all know how people in the US are bummed cuz they can't find JW Snap Squad in B&M stores? Well, I DID. A mall Department Store called Palais Royale carries them. I found the Carnotaurus and Dilophosaurus at my local store. $4.50 apiece. Not bad. My wife loves them - she thinks they're so CUTE( her words, not mine ). Well, they ARE cute...

But if you have a Palais Royale nearby, better hurry. They're shutting down and Gordman's is taking their place. Dunno if Gordman's will still be carrying Snap Squad or not. That'd be nice...

I'm happy for now, having found the Carno and Dilopho, as they were my "Most Wanteds" of the Snap Squad. :D

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

found a couple of mutilated spinos at walmart and 2 brachis at target, was tempted at a second brachi but didn't have the cash
your source of self destruction

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Thanks to Mandasaurus's alert, I made sure to check a local Target while I was out today, and lo and behold, there it was!

I am a very happy camper now. :D I think I'll have to leave it in the box, though; I'll probably be moving soon, and if I put this thing together, it'll be even harder to pack!

It's good to see the BotM Ceratpsians are getting unlocked. David Silva released photos of the finished Torosaurus, and that beauty is positively vibrant:

Sadly I'm not in a position to support it right now. I wish I could.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Damn! Toywiz is selling the JW Savage Strike Dimetrodon for $100!!! :shock:

Well, to be fair, the last one they sold went for $80...

Maybe Mattel will re-paint the Dimetrodon in 2020? JP colors, perhaps? :D

AND the Savage Strike Styracosaurus is being sold for $70...

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

Good luck to all of you looking for the JW Target Brachiosaurus. Our target has had them in stock every time we have gone for over a month now, there were several on the self yesterday, so I hope your stores are keeping them stocked for you all.
PHIL 4:13

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

My new and beautiful acquisition!
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews takes us on a thorough examination of the Primal Attack Control n Conquer Carnotaurus. Andy was impressed, and so am I. It's available at Wal-Mart.com right now for $25. I'll be getting one, but not immediately. My cash flow has been disrupted, and it's just starting to get back on track. There are lots of Dino Rivals beasties that I still don't have, and they are of a higher priority than most of this Primal Attack stuff which is new, and will be available for a while yet.

Edel's T-Rexes look awesome, but their Kickstarter is starting off slow, and may not go the distance...