Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by ROMG4 »

Those dinomation figures look awesome!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I try to stick to newer species, but sometimes I buy more than one of a given specie, if it's different enough. Like, I have the original EC Target-exclusive 'Rex( got it on sale for $16, BTW ), but I also have the Green T-Rex Pack( for $18.74, nice n minty )as it's paint scheme is far removed from the first one. The Sarcosuchus and Cryolophosaurus were no-brainers, IMO. The Tarbosaurus is quite nice, and it IS a new specie, so I will get it. Changed my mind about the C & C Carnotaurus, and returned it. I MAY get the new Albertosaurus, but haven't decided yet. Might get the upcoming Parasaurolophus, but I'm waiting to see what they did with it. Got the Sauropelta, and will get the Postosuchus, but no other Savage Strikes that have been shown. The Gasosaurus is the only BD that is currently on my hit list...

Added in 57 minutes 45 seconds:
For those interested, the Cryolophosaurus, Sarcosuchus, and Tarbosaurus, are ALL up at Amazon for SRP, right NOW!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

One of my Walmarts has outright stopped carrying JW figures, at least for now. There's no mod in place for them, and all I could find were a handful of Blues, Stiggys, and a lone Pachy, all on a clearance shelf for five bucks. Very clever, Walmart. Now Target and Amazon get the money I gladly would've given you...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:One of my Walmarts has outright stopped carrying JW figures, at least for now. There's no mod in place for them, and all I could find were a handful of Blues, Stiggys, and a lone Pachy, all on a clearance shelf for five bucks. Very clever, Walmart. Now Target and Amazon get the money I gladly would've given you...
That is strange. JW has always been a big seller since 2018. Maybe that particular store is waiting for the next re-set? :eh:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:One of my Walmarts has outright stopped carrying JW figures, at least for now. There's no mod in place for them, and all I could find were a handful of Blues, Stiggys, and a lone Pachy, all on a clearance shelf for five bucks. Very clever, Walmart. Now Target and Amazon get the money I gladly would've given you...
That is strange. JW has always been a big seller since 2018. Maybe that particular store is waiting for the next re-set? :eh:
Who knows? A lot of the repacks and repaints, and 2018 Roarivores have been slow movers for the last while (I wonder why) so it may appear that the line is unprofitable at the moment. But the same can be said of half the other stuff Walmart carries; they're always having to clearance off piles of unwanted Marvel Legends, for example. Probably it's just temporary, though, and things will gear back up as we get closer to JW3.

Also, since it's obvious at this point that the Amargasaurus and Plesiosaurus aren't coming to brick and mortar stores in the US (or at least in my area), I'll just get those from Amazon sometime soon. I generally prefer not to buy toys online when I have an alternative, so I can ensure what I'm getting is in good shape, but they've left me no choice with these ones.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

With no movie for the last 2 years and waiting another year for the next one, and no TV series (shouldn't there be an Owen and Blue animated series?), I could imagine there being a slowdown in sales for the toys during the lull...

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
One or our Wal-Mart's did the same thing and this is the new reset. They had diagrams hanging up and no JW stuff. I even asked a worker in the department and they said it may change months from now.

Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
ApexOversteer wrote:With no movie for the last 2 years and waiting another year for the next one, and no TV series (shouldn't there be an Owen and Blue animated series?), I could imagine there being a slowdown in sales for the toys during the lull...
The new JW camp cretacious TV show is coming to Netflix soon.
PHIL 4:13

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Maybe that show should have been airing a year ago. To keep toy sales going, you have to keep the buyers/audience engaged in the franchise. Star Wars learned this. When half the fandom revolted, the toy sales took a dive... Mando is a huge success, all of a sudden they're scambling to bring out Mando toys... albeit too late, but here they come...

Granted, there's not much they can do when these movies take 2, 3, 4 years to develop and make, and animated shows have similar lead times, but that's the nature of the beast. No number of repaints or life-support releases are going to keep sales at peak levels, when there just isn't any new source material bringing new buyers to the toys, and keeping people interested, when there are any number of competing franchises for the toy dollar.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I was surprised to see the Amargasaurus AT ALL at my Wal-Mart. Saw it twice. The second time, it rang up at $11.00, and I bought it. The Plesiosaurus' "last hurrah" at US Wal-Mart, was on-line, for $6.96 - I snagged it then, and it was available for a couple weeks. The whole Dino Rivals line was rather strange in it's distribution patterns...

Added in 8 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds:
It seems that the JW Mosasaurus has popped up in Target in Primal Attack packaging, acc. to Twitter. Ringing up at the clearance price of the 2018 Mose, probably in error. Dunno why Mattel didn't at least re-paint it... :eh:

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

I talked with another employee at a another Walmart, in the toy section last night that had no JW toys in it, and he told me a lot of smaller Walmart's are going to stop carrying them altogether because of no new movie coming out soon and lack of sales. So far it seems true, two smaller Walmart's that I go to pulled them entirely and will not be stocking them for the foreseeable future for the same reasons.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Hmm, interesting. Perhaps Primal Attack will be a golden goose in disguise. With Wal-Mart ordering less, other retailers may follow, and Primal Attacks will be good investments down the road? Stranger things have happened...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I honestly want to start a Mattel jurassic collection very badly but don't have enough room because of my mecha & kaiju collection (and my completionist nature refuses to sell my figures and kits)
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

My local Target has three of the Brachiosaurus sitting on the shelf... surprised the heck out of me to see them...

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

ApexOversteer wrote:My local Target has three of the Brachiosaurus sitting on the shelf... surprised the heck out of me to see them...
Last I saw, mine still had two.

Reminds me of the "doom and gloomers" who said we wouldn't see them past Christmas.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

I have seen at least two on the shelf at out Target since they came out, even through the whole holiday season. There may have been a couple times they didn't have one, but they had plenty to go around for the time being.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I think the whole "Spinogate" thing had some of us worried. We didn't think that with the Brachiosaurus we'd get the exact opposite - PLENTY to go around, which seems to be the case. When it eventually does disappear, the prices may skyrocket...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

There are plenty of Brachis in my area, too. Caution was definitely the smart play, though, given Spinogate and the generally awful distribution this line has had lately. I only ever saw a single Ceolurus, no Plesiosaurs, Amargasaurs, or Quetzalcoatlus, and only one or two Mononykus. There was no way to know the Brachiosaur wasn't going to go the same way, especially being an exclusive.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:There are plenty of Brachis in my area, too. Caution was definitely the smart play, though, given Spinogate and the generally awful distribution this line has had lately. I only ever saw a single Ceolurus, no Plesiosaurs, Amargasaurs, or Quetzalcoatlus, and only one or two Mononykus. There was no way to know the Brachiosaur wasn't going to go the same way, especially being an exclusive.
Indeed. Never saw a Plesiosaurus( either one )on shelf, had to order on-line. Amargasaurus/Quetzalcoatlus only a few times, Mononykus only at Walgreens( of all places! ). Distribution has been rather bizarre for this line. BD Proceratosaurus, Herrerasaurus( 2d ), Monolophosaurus never came closer to the US than Canada! Savage Strike Sauropelta has not hit any US B&M that I'm aware of, had to order mine off Amazon - and WAIT for a chance to get it at SRP. If Sauropelta is not re-packed into the Postosuchus wave, a LOT of US fans will do without...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I have yet to see any Sauropeltas or Postosuchus, which had better change soon. I definitely want both of those. Now, one factor that should be taken into account is scalpers. There's at least one toy scalping group active in my area, but I don't know if they target JW figures at all. I know they clean out rare Hotwheels cars, so it's possible they keep sought-after dinosaurs off the shelves around here, too.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Finally got my Rebor Stegosaurus.
Got the Woodland one because it matches Melon.

The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147