Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by ApexOversteer »

Rody wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:Received my Eofauna figures today, and wowie, these are gorgeous!

Bravo to Eofauna on these, I'll be sure to keep my eye out for more from them!
They're amazing, aren't they?! I almost missed Eofauna entirely, but once I found out about the Steppe Mammoth, I ordered one and was hooked.
I totally agree about the Straight-tusked; besides the excellent sculpting and paint application, I think the posture and subtle details like the curled trunk really sell that sublime, lifelike quality. I actually reviewed the figure myself for the Dinosaur Toy Blog.
The Giga is an absolute favorite of mine. After the two "elephants", I was excited to see what they could do with dinosaurs, and boy did they deliver! Just beware: Giga MIGHT have stability issues down the line. Mine has had a couple of hot water treatments to refine its stance.
Honestly, I think it's impossible to photograph these figures badly:

My Giga is rock solid, it's my Straight Tusk that has the wobbles. I did a bit of hair dryer therapy and it's a bit better, but at the moment I'm using a super thin shard of shale as a shim under the front foot for that extra bit of safety.

I can't wait to set up some diorama shots!

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

20 bucks at Target baby!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Are Jurassic World Battle Damage Velociraptor and Pteranodon popping up at Wal-Marts all over the US now? They seem to be dropping off in value...

EDIT: The JW Indoraptors and SuperColossal T-Rexes are being clearanced at my nearest Wal-Mart. One of the toy section employees just informed me that they are getting ready to re-set the action figure aisle...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Safari Stego is best Stego.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Super-Collossal Battle Damaged T-Rex at my Walmart for $35...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

If you have Amazon Prime - or have a friend who does - you might want to sashay on over and order the JW Attack Pack Coelurus. It's currently available for $7.99, free shipping. :D

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Grabbed a Battle Damage Super Collossal T. rex at Walmart for $36... had been refusing to bite at the $60 SRP and the $50 sale prices, but $36 clearance was too good to pass up!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

MandaSaurus wrote:If you have Amazon Prime - or have a friend who does - you might want to sashay on over and order the JW Attack Pack Coelurus. It's currently available for $7.99, free shipping. :D
Aaaand, it's gone... :?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

While skimming through Andy's Dinosaur Reviews news videos just now, looking at the BOTM preview images, I totally unexpectedly ID'd the ancient, beat-up Triceratops that's one of the two non-Jurassic Park figures in my collection. The other is some kind of retrosaur Brontosaurus bank, incidentally. Anyway, he showed a picture of a Dino Riders Monoclonius, which was suspiciously similar to my Trike, prompting me to investigate and find this:

I got this thing for my third birthday, which is of course a really vague memory by now, so I'd never even known what line it was from, and long-since forgotten about all the equipment that came with it; I never played with any of that as a kid. I didn't have a JP Triceratops (aside from a tiny hatchling) back then, so I always used this one or a rubbery RC one (long gone now) as stand-ins. This one stuck around somehow while most of my non-JP (and a few JP) childhood dinosaurs disappeared or were banished to the horrifying netherworld that passes for our attic, and I started putting it on the first incarnation of my collection shelf when I was like ten, and the habit stuck when I started my current collection setup in '08-ish. It's damaged, junky to begin with, and doesn't aesthetically match the JP toys at all, but it's part of the herd, now, so it's not going anywhere. I never really cared what it was, but it's still pretty cool to suddenly find out after all these years.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Collectors heads up! Eufauna has a questionnaire up on their site, asking for input into their future figure offerings! Make your wishes known!

http://www.eofauna.com/figures/eofauna- ... stionnaire

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Collect Jurassic has discovered that a Battle Damage Spinosaurus is coming to Wal-Mart later this year. Good news for those who missed the Legacy Collection Spinosaurus from Target. Still good news for those who have the first one, as the packaging will certainly be different, and the Battle Damage feature will also be further differentiation. Thirdly, Mattel may change up the paint scheme, and IMO I don't see them doing the exact same paint aps again...

EDIT: The "source" at Mattel reports that Wal-Mart's Spinosaurus will, indeed, have a completely different paint job than Target's...

UPDATE: Collect Jurassic reports that JW Attack Pack Wave 3 has been sighted in California & Utah! Case breakdown: 3X Velociraptor Charlie, 1X Mussaurus, 1X Proceratosaurus( re-paint ), 1X Dracorex. Damn, Mattel sure is working that Dracorex mold to death, ain't they? BTW, Mussaurus is up on Amazon Prime for $7.99( I got mine ordered ), Charlie and Procerato may be too. Happy Hunting...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

JAGzilla wrote:--snip--
That's pretty cool. I have a couple of figures in my own collection which I never thought much of as a kid; but later on I discovered their significance and came to appreciated them more.
ApexOversteer wrote:Collectors heads up! Eufauna has a questionnaire up on their site, asking for input into their future figure offerings! Make your wishes known!

http://www.eofauna.com/figures/eofauna- ... stionnaire
Already done! I'm hoping we can get some Iguanodontians/Hadrosaurs or big Sauropods in the future.
MandaSaurus wrote:Collect Jurassic has discovered that a Battle Damage Spinosaurus is coming to Wal-Mart later this year. Good news for those who missed the Legacy Collection Spinosaurus from Target.
THAT is TREMENDOUSLY good news to me; I'm still a little sore over the last fiasco (I know, at this point why still care?), so I'll be keeping a lookout for that.

Meanwhile, in Beasts of the Mesozoic:

Image Image Image

The Ceratopsian line is coming along nicely!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Oh man, I had that Dino Rider as a kid! I loved that guy!! I always wanted more Dino Riders (especially the T-Rex) but only ever had a few of the smaller ones.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still waiting on Styracosaurus. Though the Pachy and Einio look really nice.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

My Coelurus came in today. Went to eBay, saw a LOT of Dual Attack Pteranodons available. That means the Parasaurolophus' time on the shelves is disappearing. Get it while you can, folks...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Found a JW Mosasaur for about $12 at Target the other day... it was a wrench, but I decided to pass. It's too big and space-consuming to get when I'm not totally happy with it. If the tail wasn't stuck at that weird angle and the fins could splay outward so it could lay on its stomach, sure, but as it is... nah. Maybe we'll get an improved version for JW3. Also, the Roarivores repaints are showing up at my Walmart, now. I actually like all of the original paint schemes better, though.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Once the Mosasaurus disappears from shelves, the price is gonna skyrocket, mark my words. The Carnotaurus is no longer available at retail, and ToyWiz is charging $110 for it! I'm sure it can be found for less, but if ToyWiz is charging that, then SOMEONE is paying it. Most of these Mattel JW dinos go up in price once they leave the retail shelf...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

JAGzilla wrote:Found a JW Mosasaur for about $12 at Target the other day... it was a wrench, but I decided to pass. It's too big and space-consuming to get when I'm not totally happy with it. If the tail wasn't stuck at that weird angle and the fins could splay outward so it could lay on its stomach, sure, but as it is... nah. Maybe we'll get an improved version for JW3. Also, the Roarivores repaints are showing up at my Walmart, now. I actually like all of the original paint schemes better, though.
How long ago was this? If it's at that price I'm gonna be tempted to pick it up.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

2004Zilla wrote: How long ago was this? If it's at that price I'm gonna be tempted to pick it up.
Thursday.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I grabbed the green Action Attack Stegosaurus from Target for $10 today.