Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by MandaSaurus »

Beautiful. Got my SuperColossal Velociraptor Blue today. Anyone worrying about the condition of this, coming from Amazon, need not worry. It comes in it's brown shipping carton, surrounded by a LARGER box, that is quite sturdy, and there is a plastic bag around Blue's Mattel box. I could not find a flaw/damage anywhere. Like it just came out of the factory. I could not be happier about the condition of this huge bugger, and if I order another, I will not care about how the box is... :D

$50 WELL SPENT, IMO...

Added in 15 hours 42 minutes 53 seconds:
Got my basic Spinosaurus today. Ordered the Savage Strike Sauropelta off Amazon, as it was $9.99...

JW Savage Strike Sauropelta STILL $9.99 last time I checked...

Added in 3 days 7 hours 11 minutes 44 seconds:
My JW Savage Strike Sauropelta just came in today! Packaging was in excellent shape, the 'Pelta itself had good paint aps, including the eyes. It's an awesome lil' dino. Esp if Amazon keeps selling them for SRP... :D
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Sound strike Pteranodon and green Dracorex sighted at Target. I don't care about either of those, but it's good to see new stuff on the shelves.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Sound strike Pteranodon and green Dracorex sighted at Target. I don't care about either of those, but it's good to see new stuff on the shelves.
Green Draco has been sighted there for a little while now. If Sound Strike Pteranodon was there, then Cryolophosaurus is - or was - there too...

Added in 4 days 3 hours 37 minutes 39 seconds:
Primal Attack C&C Carnotaurus has shown up at my local Target. Stashed the better of the two( the other had a nasty bash-in to the front right corner of the box )for payday. $24.99, of course. But at Target they DO have sales every so often, unlike Wal-Mart. And THAT is one of the reasons you hold onto your receipts...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

One of the local Walmarts just did a big renovation of their toy section and set all the new mods. I was all excited... and then they just put the same dusty, stagnant old junk back on the shelves...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:One of the local Walmarts just did a big renovation of their toy section and set all the new mods. I was all excited... and then they just put the same dusty, stagnant old junk back on the shelves...
Yah, my Wal-Mart hasn't put anything new out either...

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Anyone know where i can get some of the old Jurassic Park Chaos Effect toys? How much do they cost now?
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Anyone know where i can get some of the old Jurassic Park Chaos Effect toys? How much do they cost now?
eBay is your friend, most of them don't cost too much.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Anyone know where i can get some of the old Jurassic Park Chaos Effect toys? How much do they cost now?
eBay is your friend, most of them don't cost too much.
Phew! So glad i'm not gonna go broke buying these! :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

BBTS has opened the pre-orders for the Gecco "Dinomation" series Spinosaurus, priced at $169, for a July release. For once, BBTS is probably the better option, as I'm expecting the Spino to be ~$165 through Hobby Search, before shipping. I'm pre-ordered for the "Dinomation" series T.rex, releasing next month, through HobbySearch for $163 and I'm expecting to pay $30/$40 to ship it to the US, so ordering the Spino from BBTS should see a significant savings...

Here's the Tyrannosaurus...

Interestingly, BBTS has the T.rex priced at $189. HobbySearch does not yet have the Spinosaurus available for pre-order. I almost wonder if BBTS has made an error pricing the Spino, as the figures are the same size. No idea why the rex would be $20 more than the Spino.

Dinomation Tyrannosaurus rex On Hobby Search: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640046

Dinomation Spinosaurus On BigBadToyStore: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/113452

Dinomation Tyrannosaurus rex On BigBadToyStore: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/101901

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

And the aforementioned Walmart now has the Sound Strikes, Cryolophosaurus included. I was leaning toward passing on that one, but it actually looks good up close. I'm about to put up a new shelf, anyway, and need at least one big carnivore for its JP section. Why not a colorful standout like this one?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:And the aforementioned Walmart now has the Sound Strikes, Cryolophosaurus included. I was leaning toward passing on that one, but it actually looks good up close. I'm about to put up a new shelf, anyway, and need at least one big carnivore for its JP section. Why not a colorful standout like this one?
Why not, indeed? I know that I'll be scoping my Wal-Mart more closely now - I want that Cryolophosaurus! Picked up the stashed Carno at Target. Really dig it, and so does the wife...

Added in 1 day 8 hours 26 minutes 35 seconds:
Just wanted to come back here and stress how NICE Mattel's Primal Attack Carnotaurus is, as I have one in-hand and can speak with firsthand knowledge. For the FULL details, I highly recommend Andy's Dinosaur Reviews, as he covers it thoroughly. The eyes, the teeth, the mouth, frequent paint trouble spots in past releases, are no trouble here, and look great. The action features are Hella-cool, and powered by button cell batteries, which means that when they drain and die, they won't leak, like most other batteries do. Totally new sculpt, and it rocks. Well worth the $25 price tag, and there will probably be sales down the road. If you haven't seen one in-hand, you're missing out...

Added in 9 hours 53 minutes 5 seconds:
And this morning I found the Sarcosuchus at Target! Box in excellent shape, no probs with the Sarco's paint applications. $19.99 + tax, a very fair price for such a beastie. No Tarbosaurus present. Someone must've bought it, but didn't want the Sarco. Worked well for me - I wanted the Sarco, but not the Tarbo... :D

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I got my first PNSO dinosaur. It's the first Triceratops they made. It's larger then I thought it would, but that only makes it more worth it. I'm really impressed by how much detail it has and it's big while still being lightweight.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Mattel has unveiled the new color scheme for the Albertosaurus. Yes, it is still a Battle Damage, and so still a Wal-Mart exclusive in the US. Go to Collect Jurassic for a good look at it. I am intrigued, and am considering picking it up...

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

I just scored the Tarbosaurus and Sarcosuchus at Target tonight. I passed on the Carnotarus for now.
Last edited by LynnBob 1967 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHIL 4:13

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rhedosaurus wrote:I got my first PNSO dinosaur. It's the first Triceratops they made. It's larger then I thought it would, but that only makes it more worth it. I'm really impressed by how much detail it has and it's big while still being lightweight.
Been a bit curious to check them out. Already a Rebor fan, looking forward to their "Kong". Only thing is I'm not big on collecting dinosaurs unless their movie related. Trying to keep my habit focused mostly on kaiju, Dragonball, and anime girls. Dinosaur collecting is a rabbit hole I'm not sure I wanna go down.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I love my PNSO Ceratosaurus... quite the bargain for the size, really... not sure what's up with PNSO, but many of their figures seem to be selling out at retailers and not restocking, and it's been a while since anything new came out... we've seen this before...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The more I look at the JW Primal Attack Tarbosaurus, the more I like it. I guess it's growing on me...

Added in 1 day 44 minutes 21 seconds:
Found the Sound Strikes at my local Wal-Mart. Yesterday, I asked someone in toys about them, and they went in back, came out & said that they didn't have them, and TODAY there are 2 cases worth on the shelf. Coincidence? Right...

Anyhoo, the Cryolophosaurus is VERY nice. Leans a bit more towards yellow - than orange - if you ask me. The one I got has good-looking eyes, the other had a derp eye. Makes a lot of noise, including a hissing/rattling sound, that turns into a roar. Edmontosaurus supposed to be added to the line-up in March, which means that one of the existing Sound Strikes will be dropped. Wonder which?

Added in 2 hours 27 minutes :
Found a JW Tarbosaurus at Target. Short on funds, so I stashed it... :huge:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Walmart gets in a truck of 'general merchandise' every day, and ideally it gets stocked that same afternoon or night. Probably night; that's when most of the stocking gets done. So it's very easily possible that they got those cases in after you asked.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Walmart gets in a truck of 'general merchandise' every day, and ideally it gets stocked that same afternoon or night. Probably night; that's when most of the stocking gets done. So it's very easily possible that they got those cases in after you asked.
Anything's possible, I suppose. Carnotaurs starting to accumulate at my local Target. Four sitting there, last I checked...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Buying a Sarcosuchus at Target now. One of the better (and more unique) figures of the whole line, I'd say. The Tarbosaurus is decent, but I'll pass unless I find one on clearance or something. The new Carnotaurus is here, too, but I'm content with the old one. As a general rule, I don't have the shelf space to get more than one representative of any given species, at least in my Jurassic Park collection.