Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by master_of_monsters »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
Birdman wrote:Image
This image only shows 14 species. They said there were 17 to be released next year. So...Apatosaurus?
that would be nice
your source of self destruction

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

G1985 wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:...should I be concerned about the Raptor's accuracy? The feet look too big...
I'm reasonably certain the larger feet are intended to help it stand up. The oversized clown feet Mattel put on every T-Rex figure were the main reason I didn't buy any of those figures, however.
Then what would be the point of the stand? Yeah I also had a problem with the feet.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The Raptors have been some of Mattel's worst figures, unfortunately. Those oversized feet and hands are pretty distracting and ugly. I've only bought one so far, and intend to keep it that way.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Well, John Hammond is now available at EE. But now he's $25, not $15. I'm not much into the human figures anyways, and I sure ain't gonna fork over the same amount of dough that the Spinosaurus was going for last year! The Ian Malcolm/JP Velociraptor bundle that was being pre-sold at GameStop is no longer available, though both Amber Collection releases are still being sold separately. Dunno what's up with that...

BTW, at the SDCC Jurassic World panel, after they announced the JP Raptor & Ian Malcolm, and that it would be followed by Owen Grady & Blue, someone in the audience said, "What's next?", and one of the panelists said, "Here's a hint..." and showed a replicated image of Dennis Nedry in his karate gi( robe )saying, "Ah! Ah! Ah! You didn't say the Magic Word!..." To me, that seems pretty obvious. :huge:
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I nabbed a Hammond. There has never been a figure of him, and he is one of my favorites from the first movie. Im very glad Mattel did this, rather than keeping him a super rare con exclusive.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Some Wal-Marts( I stress the SOME part - not all of them )are clearancing out certain JW items. I found one not too far off that is getting rid of their BD Albertosaurs for $9.00! Also, their Dual Attacks for $7.00. I did a "switch and "return" with my Albertosaurus, as I still had my $19.87 receipt. I also picked up a Nasutoceratops for $7.00. Hold on to those receipts, folks! :D

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Gotta love pnso.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The Jurassic World Brachiosaurus is up on Target's site, but they're not taking orders yet...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

For Dinosaur guys that don't visit the X-Plus thread...

X-Plus will be doing a series of figures of Ray Harryhausen's Dinosaurs from the 1966 film One Million Years B.C., starting with the Allosaurus!

Look behind the figure and you'll see a card, announcing the later figures in the series, Ceratasaurus, Pteranodon and Triceratops! Hopefully, we will see the Allosaurus before the end of the year...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

MandaSaurus wrote:The Jurassic World Brachiosaurus is up on Target's site, but they're not taking orders yet...
Word from Collect Jurassic is that it will be hitting Target's shelves the week of October 6...

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

ApexOversteer wrote:For Dinosaur guys that don't visit the X-Plus thread...

X-Plus will be doing a series of figures of Ray Harryhausen's Dinosaurs from the 1966 film One Million Years B.C., starting with the Allosaurus!

Look behind the figure and you'll see a card, announcing the later figures in the series, Ceratasaurus, Pteranodon and Triceratops! Hopefully, we will see the Allosaurus before the end of the year...
Oh man, that looks fantastic! I may just start getting into X-Plus for these!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JW Quetzalcoatlus has been sighted in Stateside Wal-Marts. Amargasaurus has been seen in Malaysia, and Savage Strike Plesiosaurus in Singapore. The back/neck/head paint aps for Plesio are quite different from the prototypes we've been shown...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I kind of prefer the new Plesiosaur. I'm glad I didn't get the battle-damaged one; not a fan of that gimmick.

My Walmart just redid its toy mods, and space is very limited. There's no label for a large dual-attack figure like the Amargo, so it may be a while before those show up in my area. I guess the Plesio could be lumped in with the 'Roarivores' section (that's what the label says), so there's hope for him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Details on the new Mattel Jurassic World line coming in 2020.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ The Tarbosaurus was a relative of T-Rex, and Sarcosuchus was a 40-foot prehistoric Crocodilian. Massive Biters, indeed!

EDIT: That Command and Conquer Carnotaurus looks pretty cool and is clearly NOT the same sculpt as the Action Attack Carno of 2019. As we have not been getting inundated with Carnotaurs, put me down for one of those! :D
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:I nabbed a Hammond. There has never been a figure of him, and he is one of my favorites from the first movie. Im very glad Mattel did this, rather than keeping him a super rare con exclusive.
Still waiting on a Lex of any kind. All she has is a Lego. Even Hammond at least has a Funko POP.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I want to get into collecting Safari, Schleich, Papo, etc etc, basically that style of dinosaur figures.

Anyone recommend where I should start?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I want to get into collecting Safari, Schleich, Papo, etc etc, basically that style of dinosaur figures.

Anyone recommend where I should start?
What do you like?

Hit up Dan's Dinosaurs (http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/) and Everything Dinosaur (https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/) and have a look at what's around. They're pretty much the top for Dinosaurs. Be aware, Everything Dinosaur is a UK-based store, so shipping will be a consideration, but they will often have stock others won't.

I really like Papo and Rebor, because I dig their style of sculpting, and posing, and I'm willing to pay the extra money for them.

Also, consider getting onto the Eufauna train right now. They have only just started doing dinosaurs, and their first was a super nice, and reasonably accurate to current science Giganotosaurus.

I collect mostly theropods and ceratopsians, I don't limit myself to any particular manufacturer, though I do pay attention to what Papo and Rebor are developing.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

ApexOversteer wrote: What do you like?
Like type of dinosaurs?

I like the theropods, but some of my real favorites are the ancient crocodiles (Purussaurus is badass). Spinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs because it looks so much like a crocodile.

Some of the more obscure theropods and ceratopsians are cool too.

Oh and the sea monsters! Can't forget the good'ol pliosaurs
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I picked up a THIRD Mussaurus, this one without the "NEW" up in the corner. Busted it out of it's plastic prison, saved the UPC and collector card. It's a really nice little Sauropod figure. And no, I DON'T think of Littlefoot when I look at it... :lol: