Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by Salzilla »

Happy Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom day! Here's my review of the JURASSIC WORLD FALLEN KINGDOM REAL FEEL MOSASAURUS! Thanks for watching!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

If you haven't gotten one yet, Walmart has the Indoraptor on a small discount at $17.97, at least in my area. Just picked mine up. I love this guy!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

2004Zilla wrote:If you haven't gotten one yet, Walmart has the Indoraptor on a small discount at $17.97, at least in my area. Just picked mine up. I love this guy!
Honestly wish they'd do some other dinosaurs of this sort of figure, Rex, Dilopho, Raptor, Spinosaurus and I-Rex to name a few...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

MM Raids Again wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:If you haven't gotten one yet, Walmart has the Indoraptor on a small discount at $17.97, at least in my area. Just picked mine up. I love this guy!
Honestly wish they'd do some other dinosaurs of this sort of figure, Rex, Dilopho, Raptor, Spinosaurus and I-Rex to name a few...
They definitely need to do an Indominus. The ones by Hasbro are okay and tbf are pretty much the best figures they did, but it's time for Mattel to give us those sweet articulated dinosaurs.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

OK, and here's my review of Super Colossal T-Rex, probably my last of these for a bit?

*I'm also doing a giveaway on my channel for the Thrash & Throw T-Rex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdJ015O1lus

Last edited by Salzilla on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Picked up the rest of the wave 1 roarivores at a discount. Looks like some stores have already gotten wave 2. Most of them should come in by the end of this week.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I have received the Ceratosaurus and Pteranodon from wave 2 so far, plus the Suchomimus is on its way!
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Anguirus wrote:I have received the Ceratosaurus and Pteranodon from wave 2 so far, plus the Suchomimus is on its way!
The Mattel Ceratoaurus makes Hasbro's from JW1 look like crap. Suchomimus?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mattel seriously killed it with this line. Absolutely knocked it out of the park.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Oh my God yes please! I would love me a Blue and Spino.

Added in 17 hours 41 minutes 17 seconds:
Is it me or does their Spino look off proportion-wise?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Picked up the Ceratosaurus for $11.92 and the green/orange Dimorphodon at Wal-Mart for $6.97. My daughter-in-law just saw JW2 and she said that the 'hybrid' was some serious shit, but she did not ID it as the Indoraptor. Wassup? :eh:
EDIT: Has anyone seen those two-packs, like the one with the Dimorphodon and blue Dilophosaurus? I haven't... :(
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Here's my review for the Battle Damage Blue:

Added in 24 minutes 24 seconds:
EDIT: Here is one of my favorite photos of the figure:

Resized Image
Last edited by godzilla98rules on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Question: Is the Mattel SuperColossal T-Rex the biggest T-Rex EVER in the JP/JW line? I know that Hasbro's JW1 big T-Rex/Indominus Rex aren't as big, nor was anything from the JPIII line, but there WERE some pretty big T-Rex in the JPI/JPII lines...

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I was thinking how cool it would be if Mattel got to do KOTM 2019 toys but realized Bandai would never let that happen...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I did some research on the JP/JW Tyrannosaurs. The biggest, before now, was the JP:Lost World Thrasher Bull T-Rex, with a length of 29 inches. Mattel's SuperColossal measures 24 inches in the box, but that is without the tail attached, and I'm pretty sure that the tail is longer than 5 inches. So, Mattel's IS the biggest T-Rex EVER, in the JP/JW line-up...

We should be seeing the Destruct-O-Saurs in stores soon. Amazon has them, and I'm diggin' that red Dimetrodon...

Apparently, the Suchomimus is going to be in the Carnotaurus/Stegosaurus asst. soon. Guess that either the Carno or Stego will be dropped from the assortment...

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

MandaSaurus wrote:I did some research on the JP/JW Tyrannosaurs. The biggest, before now, was the JP:Lost World Thrasher Bull T-Rex, with a length of 29 inches. Mattel's SuperColossal measures 24 inches in the box, but that is without the tail attached, and I'm pretty sure that the tail is longer than 5 inches. So, Mattel's IS the biggest T-Rex EVER, in the JP/JW line-up...

We should be seeing the Destruct-O-Saurs in stores soon. Amazon has them, and I'm diggin' that red Dimetrodon...

Apparently, the Suchomimus is going to be in the Carnotaurus/Stegosaurus asst. soon. Guess that either the Carno or Stego will be dropped from the assortment...
Here is someones photo showing the two T-Rexes side by side:

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Thanks for the photo! Yup, there's no real comparison between the two, size-wise. Jeez, the SuperColossal's tail attached must add 16-18 inches to it's overall length! BTW, my Wal-Mart isn't having any trouble keeping the Battle Damage SuperColossal 'Rex in stock, but my Target( and others hereabouts )is having trouble getting the regular SuperColossal in at all. Wonder what's up with that? Come the Holidays, maybe we'll get a re-deco of the SuperColossal 'Rex...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Finally got my Carnotaurus, Stiggy, and Metria on my shelf with the rest of my JP collection. The Carno's size surprised me; it didn't really look like much in the box and I figured it would be comparable to the TLW Allosaurus, but seeing it alongside the others I own, it actually dwarfs almost everything. Only JP3 Spino and Bull T. Rex are substantially larger. Thing looks pretty impressive. EDIT: Well... that was my initial take on it when I put it up last night and was really tired. :lol: On closer inspection just now, I do have a few other dinosaurs to rival its size. Still, though.

I also bought a Blue this morning. The oversized feet are kind of obnoxious, but a cool figure otherwise.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

A dinosaur toy thread? Sweeeeeet. 8-) I've been collecting and playing with dinosaurs at least as long as I have monsters.

You should have seen how hyped I was when these fellas finally arrived in the mail last month:

ImageImage

The Beasts of the Mezozoic raptors are vey cool, and they've been nearly two years in the making. Their articulation is a bit limited in certain areas, but for the most part, they're extremely playable, and beautifully built.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image
...And yes, the ceratopsian series is a go for Kickstarter. It won't officially start until probably next spring, but David Silva is definitely hard at work. Check out the Xenoceratops!

I fully agree that Mattel is doing a sweet job with their JW:FK line; I rapidly picked up all of these back in April:
Since then I've only bought a couple more figures and minifigures, but there are still several in wave 1 & now wave 2 I'm aiming to get. The upcoming EC Spino has me pretty excited.

Typically, my dinosaurs are of a more "traditional" replica brand, but I've been trying to get more diversity. Here are a few other newcomers to my collection:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Some 2017-2018 additions from Safari ltd.'s Prehistoric World line. The Giganotosaurus and feathered T.rex are to die for.
Some Kinto Favorite and CollectA figures.
A new Kaiyodo Sofubi T.rex and a bunch of Takara Tomy figures.
Does anyone have favorite companies to buy from? Safari ltd. is my default; I've known of them the longest, they're typically top-of-the-line in accuracy, and their site is very convenient to buy from (at least in the USA). Favorite, CollectA, and Battat(Terra) are all quality brands too, in my experience so far.