Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by MandaSaurus »

I prefer to buy my 'Attack Pack' JW dinos from Wal-Mart, as they are cheaper than Target. $6.97 vs $7.99 It adds up over time...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Walmart also has the slightly nicer "Battle Damage" figures, of which I have Blue and a small green Trike. On the other hand, Target carries the Legacy series exclusively, so if you want Pachy in classic colors or baby rex, Target is where to go.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Anyone else see those light blue 'NEW' labels in the upper right corner of the second wave of Roarivores and second wave of Attack Pack dinos? I saw 'em while I was up in Michigan - my Ceratosaurus and green/orange Dimorphodon have 'em. My Wal-Mart here in Texas just got those waves in, but they don't have the blue 'NEW' labels on them any more. Anyone?

BTW, picked up Attack Pack Blue today - she seems to go pretty fast...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

So Mattel announced some new 6'' scale Jurassic World figures and they look good. Blue's sculpt is spot on. I honestly think Mattel's overall offering might be only slightly better than Kenner.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The next entry in the Roarivores line is the Sinoceratops - a must-buy for me! I like Ceratopsians, but I'm SICK of the Trike! Some folks don't even know that other Ceratopsians exist! Nice to see something other than the Triceratops get some toy love. The Protoceratops will be in the Attack Pack line-up soon! :D

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All of my yes. My collection is in pretty serious need of some new herbivores, and I was hoping this guy would get a figure.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Just a heads up, the "Sinoceratops" roarivore is actually a Pachyrhinosaurus with a color scheme that matches the movie Sinoceratops.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Odd, but I don't have a Pachyrhinosaurus in my collection, either. *shrug* If it looks good, I'll take it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

2004Zilla wrote:Just a heads up, the "Sinoceratops" roarivore is actually a Pachyrhinosaurus with a color scheme that matches the movie Sinoceratops.
Makes sense. Pretty sure the Sinoceratops was supposed to be Pachyrhinosaurus but they changed the species after it was pointed out it has a horn Pachy doesn't.
Anyway, the Mattel line looks awesome but the only figure I've been able to pick up has been the Legacy Collection Baby Rex. Still a great figure though, and it fits perfectly with my old Playmobil
T-Rex.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I grabbed three more JWFK Legacy figures from Target today:

Image Image

I was starting to desire the Pachy, and I was warming up to the raptor; and then the Pteranodon was there and I thought, "Why not?"

What I REALLY want is the Spinosaurus, but that seems to be a rare sighting so far; regrettably, I checked with an employee at one of my local Targets, and it sounds like they haven't restocked some of their figures in over a month. Demand mus not be very strong where I am. Makes me worried... -_- Just gotta keep checking!

OH.... By the way... Brachiosaurus has been confirmed by Mattel. Amargasaurus and Styracosaurus too... But BRACHIOSAURUS.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, there's my day made. I've always wanted a massive, in-scale JP sauropod. I'm glad it came with this movie, too, since... well, you know. The Brachiosaurus deserves to be sent out with a bang.

Just give me an in-scale Apatosaurus somewhere down the line, and you'll have well and truly done a good job, Mattel.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Oh, Hells yes!!! I hoped that next year's SuperColossal would be the Brachiosaurus, and it IS!!! Put me down for at least ONE!!! :D

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Oh sweet! Always wanted a Brachiosaur JP toy but the best we got were mini figures and that scrappy JP3 one. So excited to see this.

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

oh bloody hell I need more shelves
your source of self destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The announcement of the Brachiosaur as next year's SuperColossal, likely means that the SuperColossal T-Rex will probably be hard to find at retail after the Holidays. Not like it's exactly warming shelves NOW, but if there's going to be a surge in supply, it should be by the time the JW:FK BR/DVD hits the stores. After that, it would be unlikely, IMO...
EDIT: Found the Grab 'n Growl Indoraptor yesterday. Pretty cool, if you're into the Indoraptor. Kids will love it...
Found the new Attack Pack Asst. For those interested, it's:

2 Velociraptor Blue
1 Protoceratops
1 Minmi
1 Proceratosaurus
1 Gallimimus
( I think - the case had already been opened... )

Why they brought the Gallimimus forward is beyond me. Those two are stinkin' up the pegs. Must've been a pre-production decision...
NEXT Edit: Found the JW Legacy Collection Extreme Chompin' T-Rex at Target again. Passed on it before - but not THIS time! Grabbed me a Legacy Collection Pteranodon too - they're supposed to change the paint aps on that sucker at some point, and I didn't want to miss out on the first one before the new one showed up...
Next NEXT Edit: Picked up the Dilophosaurus at Wal-Mart a couple days ago, last one they had. They just re-stocked the Anky/Pterano/Cerato Roarivores today. Went back to Target and picked up the Legacy Pachycephalosaurus - those don't sit long. The Battle Damage dinos are starting to collect dust at my Wal-Mart...
Next Next Next Edit: Picked up the Attack Pack Herrerasaurus fresh out of the case at Wally last night. How do I know? I was the one who opened the case! And then took it with me! Now I have a storage home for my Attack Pack dinos. FYI, Mattel Shop is out of the SuperColossal 'Rex now - along with a number of other items...

Added in 20 days 18 hours 23 minutes 52 seconds:
Hopefully, this is not another 'edit post'...

FYI, for those of you wondering who will be Sinoceratops' case-mates, when Roarivores Wave 3 hits, wonder no more! Caught a video of a guy in Singapore unboxing a Sinoceratops, & I scoped the back of the box - Pteranodon, Metriacanthosaurus, & Triceratops. Damn, that Trike is shelf-stinkin' already, after being in Wave one AND two - being in Wave three won't help any. For those of you keeping score, that means Baryonyx, Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Ankylosaurus, & Sinoceratops are the only Roarivores that will be in only ONE assortment in 2018. Guess where the safe money is? Fortunately - for me - I was at my local Target and happened upon an unopened case of Roarivores. I was only interested in the box itself, but when it was opened, I was pleasantly surprised. It was Wave one! So, I was able to pick up a Baryonyx, which I had missed before.
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Picked up a JW Ankylosaurus at Target today. Very decent-looking figure, and I'm glad to finally have this prominent, big-name dinosaur represented in my collection. If all goes according to plan, I'll be grabbing a Ceratosaurus and possibly a Triceratops (I keep waffling on it, but I think I'll regret not getting it) at Walmart on Saturday.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'm still undecided on Ankylosaurus, but I'm definitely passing on the Trike. More interested in the other Ceratopsians in the line, like the Protoceratops, the upcoming Sinoceratops, and next year's Styracosaurus. Recently finished up on the Attack Pack dinos, acquiring Protoceratops, Minmi, and Proceratosaurus. Waiting on the Target-exclusive Spinosaurus to rear it's ugly head...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^Yeah, I still can't find the Spino, and that's the one figure I really want right now. I've considered the Suchomimus and some of the bigger herbivores, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Honestly, I don't think the herbivore figures are as interesting overall - not because there's something wrong with those genera, but I don't think the figures (or the depictions in-film) do much to make them stand out well. Mattel's toys are well-detailed, but they, just... stand there. I might consider the Pachyrhinosaurus Sinoceratops more, though, once I see it on shelves.

In the meantime, though, I've been collecting some other brands:

Anybody like vintage? I picked up this Invicta lot (actually it was two) from an eBay seller for a good price, and I'm totally enamored now.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Rody wrote:^Yeah, I still can't find the Spino, and that's the one figure I really want right now. I've considered the Suchomimus and some of the bigger herbivores, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Honestly, I don't think the herbivore figures are as interesting overall - not because there's something wrong with those genera, but I don't think the figures (or the depictions in-film) do much to make them stand out well. Mattel's toys are well-detailed, but they, just... stand there. I might consider the Pachyrhinosaurus Sinoceratops more, though, once I see it on shelves.

In the meantime, though, I've been collecting some other brands:

Anybody like vintage? I picked up this Invicta lot (actually it was two) from an eBay seller for a good price, and I'm totally enamored now.
Hot damn, that's the jackpot m8
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The pegs at Wal-Mart & Target are looking kind of depleted these days - except for an abundance of Hot Wheels/Matchbox vehicles...