Favorite Godzilla figure?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Diamondshark9
Ronin

Favorite Godzilla figure?

Post by Diamondshark9 »

I was looking at my Godzilla Collection, and I just thought what was everyone's favorite Godzilla figure? Why? Doesn't matter if you have it or not. For example, mines my Bandai memorial box Godzilla 2000. He was my first 6 inch vinyl and my favorite Godzilla design.
Last edited by Diamondshark9 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh oh, they say he’s got to go, go go Godzilla! :g2k:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Favorite Godzilla figure?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My favorite I've seen is either the Kaiyodo Big Guy (Bio Goji) or the Honey Bones ShodaiGoji. As for the figures I have it's a toss up between my Xplus Gigantic Shin and the Bandai King Scale GhidoGoji.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:My favorite I've seen is either the Kaiyodo Big Guy (Bio Goji) or the Honey Bones ShodaiGoji. As for the figures I have it's a toss up between my Xplus Gigantic Shin and the Bandai King Scale GhidoGoji.
wow you really have your game stepped up with X-plus an all that XD My most expensive fig was my Monsterarts Gigan

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Man, it's hard.
Favorite I've seen that I do not own I really think is the X-Plus 30cm Train Biter. I just LOVE that thing.

Favorite that I own personally would probably have to be Bandai Vinyl Memorial Box 1962 Godzilla. Not sure why, but it's the one that comes to mind.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Maritonic wrote:Man, it's hard.
Favorite I've seen that I do not own I really think is the X-Plus 30cm Train Biter. I just LOVE that thing.

Favorite that I own personally would probably have to be Bandai Vinyl Memorial Box 1962 Godzilla. Not sure why, but it's the one that comes to mind.
Oh noice! I don't blame you. I think my favorite looking X-plus is 1955 Anguirus or the 2014 Atomic breath

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rather had to pick out just ONE...

Bandai: Hard to choose since I own so many, but I'd easily narrow it down to the Black 2002 Kiryu and Glitter GMK Godzilla. Just love those two and glad I got them despite already owning their default molds.

Trendmasters: Power-Up MechaGodzilla.

Stylized (Marmit, M1, etc): "Slime" Hedorah (https://www.tohokingdom.com/toys/hedora ... armit.html)

Articulated: Reactor Glow Godzilla (NECA), Special Color Destoroyah (SHMA), Ohrai Poster Variant Godzilla (SHMA)

X-Plus: Train Biter '54
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Diamondshark9 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Man, it's hard.

Oh noice! I don't blame you. I think my favorite looking X-plus is 1955 Anguirus or the 2014 Atomic breath
I have that 55 Anguirus. He is a beautiful figure.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

MM Raids Again wrote:Rather had to pick out just ONE...

Bandai: Hard to choose since I own so many, but I'd easily narrow it down to the Black 2002 Kiryu and Glitter GMK Godzilla. Just love those two and glad I got them despite already owning their default molds.

Trendmasters: Power-Up MechaGodzilla.

Stylized (Marmit, M1, etc): "Slime" Hedorah (https://www.tohokingdom.com/toys/hedora ... armit.html)

Articulated: Reactor Glow Godzilla (NECA), Special Color Destoroyah (SHMA), Ohrai Poster Variant Godzilla (SHMA)

X-Plus: Train Biter '54
Hahah. What a coincidence, I just got power-up mechagodzilla last week. And nice choices btw

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Very hard.

I love all my MonsterArts Gojis, can't decide which one the most.

Out of the vinyls I own there's a special affection towards the BANDAI Toy's Dream Project G '75. I just love how fierce and ready for battle he looks.

Out of figures I don't own I always liked the X-Plus Gigantic Burning Godzilla and the Albatross Shin Godzilla.
Last edited by Petezilla on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I really like all my Godzillas but probably the SHM 2000 and the NECA GMK are my favorites,..for whatever reason, I just really like them.

Favorite that I don't have would be the XPlus Shin or the Banpresto Lottery Shin.

...actually I like my SHM Shin a lot too. ..then there's the Vinyls?

...too hard to decide. I like all of them for one reason or another.

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Probably my Hyper Hobby Glitter GMK Godzilla, but when my X-Plus Gigantic GMK arrives that might change...

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

In my collection: SH Monsterarts Godzilla 2000 takes the cake as my favorite figure of Godzilla. Everything from the paint to the articulation is great and definitely one of the high points of the line. My favorite figure in my collection as a whole is a tie between SH Monsterarts Spacegodzilla and Special Color Version King Ghidorah. Spacegodzilla was my favorite kaiju for a long time but King Ghidorah has slowly made that into a tie over the years. The sculpt on Spacegodzilla is incredible, but King Ghidorah has the most shelf presence with its paint job.

Outside of my Collection: The X-Plus Showa King Ghidorah is probably my favorite figure. Showa King Ghidorah is my favorite iteration of the kaiju and X-Plus' version would be the holy grail of my collection.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Got 3 which I own:

SHMA Gamera
Chogokin MG 1975
And Ultra Act Golza

Godzillafan11
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillafan11 »

Bandai 6Inch Heisei 1990s Godzilla Figure

Added in 1 day 22 hours 31 minutes 7 seconds:
Either my 6 inch Bandai or my my 8 inch Bandai 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra
Long Live King Of All Monsters Godzilla

ZombieFriedChicken
GPN Volunteer

Post by ZombieFriedChicken »

X-Plus Gigantic Shin

As far as articulated, we will see if 2002 can knock shin reissue off its pedestal when it arrives.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Godzillafan11 wrote:Bandai 6Inch Heisei 1990s Godzilla Figure

Added in 1 day 22 hours 31 minutes 7 seconds:
Either my 6 inch Bandai or my my 8 inch Bandai 1992 Godzilla vs Mothra
Wow you sure have quite the collection :o

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
ZombieFriedChicken wrote:X-Plus Gigantic Shin

As far as articulated, we will see if 2002 can knock shin reissue off its pedestal when it arrives.
Oh WOW. Nice figure!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I would probably say it's the Bandai 50th Anniversary Memorial Box DaisensoGoji/Godzilla 1965. Monster Zero was my first Godzilla film and having a nice little 6 inch figure of the first Goji suit I ever saw is really cool.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."