MechaGodzilla Figure/Playset Idea

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

MechaGodzilla Figure/Playset Idea

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Just came up with this idea, do any of you know of the old Terminator Cyber-Skin Generator Playset? I just thought it would be neat if there was something like that but with a Godzilla 1974 figure, like, you would put the MechaGodzilla figure in a tray, then put the "Cyber-Skin" on it, but the tray would be in the shape of Godzilla '74, so you would get a disguised MechaGodzilla like in the movie. With this, you get the action feature of being able to wear away the "Cyber-Skin" on MechaGodzilla. I highly doubt any company would want to make this, but hey, it would've been neat.
:gigan:

kingbiollante
Ronin

Re: MechaGodzilla Figure/Playset Idea

Post by kingbiollante »

That's a pretty neat Idea!
I just made you squint!*

*I do not necessarily mean squint, just looking real hard.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: MechaGodzilla Figure/Playset Idea

Post by SpaceG92 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:Just came up with this idea, do any of you know of the old Terminator Cyber-Skin Generator Playset? I just thought it would be neat if there was something like that but with a Godzilla 1974 figure, like, you would put the MechaGodzilla figure in a tray, then put the "Cyber-Skin" on it, but the tray would be in the shape of Godzilla '74, so you would get a disguised MechaGodzilla like in the movie. With this, you get the action feature of being able to wear away the "Cyber-Skin" on MechaGodzilla. I highly doubt any company would want to make this, but hey, it would've been neat.
Fun fact: Trendmasters was working on a Cyber Yeti figure from G:TAS and it would have had either snap on or slide on/over "synthetic skin". seen here.

I doubt anything company would do a "synth skin" figure - thought it would be pretty neat - even if it was a mix of snap together parts that "lock in" over existing parts to maintain stability and swap able parts for the hands, feet and maybe head.