The Official "What's Next" Monster Arts Poll

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

The Official "What's Next" Monster Arts Poll

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This was just approved by Giga and will actually go up on the Toho Kingdom main page. As you all know, the old poll done by Naruto which acted as the "official" is slowly starting to become outdated. Thus, we're going to do our own for this website. This will act a bit different as fans are going to have to offer actual reasons for their votes to weed out obvious troll votes. We're going to do this very easily:

You have 30 days from this point to PM me 15 kaiju choices with actual reasons as to why you are voting for these kaiju. They don't need to be huge reasons, just a sentence or two. Kaiju should all originate from live action, Toho-related films (Godzilla, Mothra trilogy, Heisei Gamera, etc). The only non-live action kaiju that we will accept votes for is Bagan. Do not include any other lost project or concept art kaiju. Fans can vote for a re-release/reissue of kaiju dating back to anything pre-Mecha-King Ghidorah that hasn't been officially announced yet. Some kaiju will just be lumped into one despite having two incarnations (Kumonga, Manda, Kamacuras, etc) with the only ones that will be thought of having actual chances of being released as different incarnations being Rodan, Anguirus, Gigan, MechaGodzilla 1975, King Ghidorah incarnations and Godzilla designs. Votes for Sanda or Gaira will just be merged for "Gargantuas" as the actual Top 10 listing.

Your votes are to be sent to myself via PM to avoid unwanted debate and aggression in this thread. If you wish to post your votes, please do so in the actual SHMA thread.

I will be keeping track of reasons and votes per kaiju and after the 30 days, narrowing it down to the top 10.

An example of a monster you wish to vote for:

Monster X - I believe Monster X would be a solid figure release. Being humanoid, he would be easy to make a highly articulated figure of. He's also from one of the latest films, thus I feel he has a very solid chance of getting a release.

That's it. That's all there is to it.

Just do remember, this isn't actually official and is not affiliated with Bandai nor Tamashi. Please do not expect even the #1 most desired kaiju to actually happen. This is merely to narrow down what 10 kaiju the fans (namely here on TK) wish to see in SHMA form.

Added in 21 hours 44 minutes 38 seconds:
Thanks for unlocking real quick, Derzy. :D

We are being rather lenient on votes thus far, even allowing a vote for a reissue of Shin Godzilla with a purple color variant. However, we want to stress that this is for TOHO, LIVE ACTION kaiju only. Votes for non-Toho kaiju will be ignored, as will votes for non-kaiju characters. Please do not vote for reissues of figures that have come after last year’s Mecha-King Ghidorah or have been announced for reissues (Destoroyah and Heisei MechaGodzilla).

Also, to expand on the kaiju voting, Mothra, Rodan, and the Heisei Gamera incarnations can all be treated as separate vote entries the same way we count Godzilla and Ghidorahs. Sorry for any confusion. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?