Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by Castellan Zilla »

godzilla1541 wrote:Shin Awakening is also a Japanese exclusive and a web exclusive. It's even harder to get at MSRP than the original and it's not even out yet
That remains to be seen. We have no idea how it is going to effect the Japanese aftermarket until it actually hits said market.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

godzilla1541 wrote:Shin Awakening is also a Japanese exclusive and a web exclusive. It's even harder to get at MSRP than the original and it's not even out yet
The point is that the original Shin figure isn't "common" enough for the repaint to be unnecessary. I've seen a lot of folks say "Great, another chance to grab Shin!".

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

If they actually kept a constant stream of new figures being produced and then put out a repaint here and there so others can catch up etc. I don't think anyone would have an issue but since the are catering nearly exclusively to the Catch up crowd the Customer/fan base that help make this a successful figure line from the beginning are not happy about it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:Whoever is the person that keeps buying the repaints should be found and tried for crimes against creation of non-Heisei Monsterarts figures.

In all seriousness, give us a repaint of a character people actually want at least.
I'm throwing MM under the bus, I know he does it. However, the guy is a fricken eldritch horror and is immune to earthly persecution.

He's a no-go.
Damn right I am. I'm buying like 95% of all the repaints just so, when the line dies, I can put them all together with a big, hobo-style cardboard sign that reads "So what was that about Tamashi never doing repaints and reissues!?"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

MM Raids Again wrote:Damn right I am. I'm buying like 95% of all the repaints just so, when the line dies, I can put them all together with a big, hobo-style cardboard sign that reads "So what was that about Tamashi never doing repaints and reissues!?"
I'll only listen to you if you buy 100%.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cybermat47 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Damn right I am. I'm buying like 95% of all the repaints just so, when the line dies, I can put them all together with a big, hobo-style cardboard sign that reads "So what was that about Tamashi never doing repaints and reissues!?"
I'll only listen to you if you buy 100%.
I don't like Shin enough to spend $150+ on him... He'll be the only one missing at this point. Oh, and ultimate Burning since the original popped my SHMA cherry.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Shin's design either to go out of my way to buy the MA of him. If Bluefin had brought him out here, I would have picked him up, but they didn't, so I'm not.
Fermix wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
GodzillavsGamera wrote:This really sucks ...for the people like myself that bought these figures as Exclusives... and these pricks keep devalueing our figures by pushing these BS repaints.
Yeah, sorry, but you have no sympathy for me. Are you buying MonsterArts because you like the line or are you buying them to sell them off for a profit later? Why should it matter if they reissue things? The ony people being hurt by OOP stuff are the fans who started late.
It doesn't necessarily have to be about selling it later. There is a satisfaction to be had when one buys a premium product that goes out of print, knowing that you were fortunate/lucky enough to own one and display it in your collection. I myself do feel a little let down by the Junior reveal and the inevitable Spacegodzilla reissue because I have the originals, but despite that I am glad that fans are getting a second shot at them.
Why does it matter though? Does it really diminish the love you have for your collection because they are rereleasing a figure?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote: Why does it matterthough? Does it really diminish the love you have for your collection because they are rereleasing a figure?
There is a satisfaction to be had when one buys a premium product that goes out of print, knowingthat you were fortunate/lucky enough to own one and display it in your collection.
Excuse my annoying use of highlights.

It's basically the, "I went out of my way to get this before anyone else and now I have one.", some people have other names for it but that's pretty much it. I've seen people do it in other fandoms like the amiibo. For awhile Garuda was part of this "special cliche" as we all should remember. That was a bragging right for a while.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I like how people act like the old web exclusives were really hard to get when BlueFin offered them all stateside. :lol:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I like how people act like the old web exclusives were really hard to get when BlueFin offered them all stateside. :lol:
Tell that to the folks who sought out the Super-X2 and SMG Garuda sets.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G1985 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I like how people act like the old web exclusives were really hard to get when BlueFin offered them all stateside. :lol:
Tell that to the folks who sought out the Super-X2 and SMG Garuda sets.
Those are probably the only ones where I can understand the complaints, but from what I've been reading in this thread, people are referring to the monster figures.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Well hopefully in 2018 we will start getting Showa Figs and they start capitalizing on characters from the Legendary Monsterverse ... Muto's, Skull Crawler and, Kong would be a great start.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I think you would agree that available stock is not the sole factor with high-end items such as these. I couldn't really justify purchasing Biollante during her availability period due to both her price tag and the Canadian exchange rate simply because I was in undergrad and had other things to prioritize. If it were 6 months before or after then it may have been a different story. So when I say "fortunate enough to own one" I'm not simply referring to amount of stock, but I include the personal circumstances of the consumers.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:Well hopefully in 2018 we will start getting Showa Figs and they start capitalizing on characters from the Legendary Monsterverse ... Muto's, Skull Crawler and, Kong would be a great start.
I wouldn't expect Kong until marketing for Godzilla vs. Kong starts up.

Bandai didn't release a Kong or Skullcrawlers when KSI is in theaters, I doubt they'd do it now.
Fermix wrote:
I think you would agree that available stock is not the sole factor with high-end items such as these. I couldn't really justify purchasing Biollante during her availability period due to both her price tag and the Canadian exchange rate simply because I was in undergrad and had other things to prioritize. If it were 6 months before or after then it may have been a different story. So when I say "fortunate enough to own one" I'm not simply referring to amount of stock, but I include the personal circumstances of the consumers.
Your post wasn't the one I was referring to.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

UltramanGoji wrote:Your post wasn't the one I was referring to.
Ah. Carry on.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

I'm pretty sure that after they repaint every heisei that's released thus far we still won't be done with hesei. Because not counting other forms of some the monsters, Biollante Rose form, etc. We'll most likely get battle damged forms of some of the monsters, King Ghidorah, Godzilla Jr etc. I'm calling that right now! It's gonna happen probably in 1 or 2 years once they start to run out of heisei repaints.
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Shockoris
Rose Biollante
Baby Godzilla
Rodan
Fairy Mothra
Pteranodon Robot
These are the ones this friggin Heisei Bab will put out before anymore of your precious Showa.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm pretty sure that after they repaint every heisei that's released thus far we still won't be done with hesei.
Considering now they're doing poster variant Godzillas from the Rebirth Godzilla mold (a repaint of a repaint!) and concept art MechaGodzilla... Nope. We're going to see Blue Rodan before we see Showa Rodan.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MM Raids Again wrote:
I'm pretty sure that after they repaint every heisei that's released thus far we still won't be done with hesei.
Considering now they're doing poster variant Godzillas from the Rebirth Godzilla mold (a repaint of a repaint!) and concept art MechaGodzilla... Nope. We're going to see Blue Rodan before we see Showa Rodan.
Don't forgot Brown Rodan and Poster Rodan before Showa as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I think people are forgetting Star Falcon and Land MOGUERA :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: